Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rick and Morty

Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Oh my god, Rick and Morty is fantastic. It's risen to my favorite animated show ever, and most of that was season one alone.

If you haven't watched any, give it a try beyond the first episode. Not that I dislike the pilot or anything since I kept watching obviously, but it just absolutely leaps in quality, in terms of jokes, long-term story threads, and animation. SO GOOD.

Now, we wait for S3. :'(
    Finally some people other than me are getting in to this. Now check out Mike Tyson Mysteries. Episodes are 10 minutes, but glorious.

Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Finally some people other than me are getting in to this. Now check out Mike Tyson Mysteries. Episodes are 10 minutes, but glorious.
    I watch MTM too! And I have zero idea why it's so charming and funny but it totally is, lol. But yeah, I watched most of R&M while it was airing, but am just now getting my lazy ass over here to give it some support. Thankfully I've turned on several friends to it too. There's no doubt in my mind it'll completely catch fire with the season 3 premiere, whenever the fuck that ends up being.

I'm so glad adult swim is producing good original cartoons again. There's been a huge void in recent years since Venture Bros. is so scarcely released, and other things that were once great like Harvey Birdman and Sealab are a distant memory now.

Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    I watch MTM too! And I have zero idea why it's so charming and funny but it totally is, lol. But yeah, I watched most of R&M while it was airing, but am just now getting my lazy ass over here to give it some support. Thankfully I've turned on several friends to it too. There's no doubt in my mind it'll completely catch fire with the season 3 premiere, whenever the fuck that ends up being.

I'm so glad adult swim is producing good original cartoons again. There's been a huge void in recent years since Venture Bros. is so scarcely released, and other things that were once great like Harvey Birdman and Sealab are a distant memory now.
    Seems like animation as a whole is starting to get good. Not just the more adult shows. We also have Star Wars Rebels, TMNT and Guardians of the Galaxy.

There was a point not long ago where animation as a whole was starting to suck. The kid stuff and adult stuff. I'm not going to say Guardians of the Galaxy is as good as Gargoyles or Batman: The Animated Series but it's better than it was before. I would say the new TMNT is better than the original though.

There is also stuff like Adventure Time (I haven't really gotten in to that much, but would like to)

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    Bring back the Szechuan Sauce!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12