View Poll Results: How would you rate A?

Voters
454. You may not vote on this poll

161 35.46%

95 20.93%

75 16.52%

34 7.49%

20 4.41%

22 4.85%

18 3.96%

7 1.54%

5 1.10%

17 3.74%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
  1. Back To Top    #211
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Level
    I loved this brilliant episode! It got a 9 only because I wanted a shot of a current alive Beth but she's not BBQ so I'll take it.

Loved the "you're my brother" Made me cry........sigh. bromance is back :-)

Flashbacks were perfect!

Poor Carl :-(

Wonder where Carol and Tyrese were? Maybe they already ate Carol. Sorry, I couldn't resist :-)

2. Back To Top    #212
    Status
    Problem Child Hook Line and Sinker's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    I deliberated about this for a while before deciding how to rate the episode. I realize in hindsight just exactly why I had so many mixed feelings about it. First of all, as a single episode of TWD, it definitely gets a 10. It gets the 10 for a lot of reasons. Carl and Michone, the end of the marauders, Daryl reuniting with Rick, and Rick calling him his brother...the encounter with the inhabitants of Terminus, the return of destroyer Grimes and a number of other things I really liked.

But as a season ender, after the buildup of the whole second half, it gets a 5 from me(and that's just me and I respect everyone else's opinions). As a season finale, it just didn't do it for me. It felt in a lot of ways the same way season 3's big build up to ALL OUT WAR just fizzled into a hasty retreat by the gov and all that fluff with the redshirts coming home. Now this wasn't as big a let down as that, but...the reunion was just ok to me and there just wan't enough Terminus after all that mystery building for my tastes.

With a show like this one, AMC really hit it on target with the way the finale for season 2 and the mid season finale of 4 were handled. One of either of those routes would make for a great season ender.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

3. Back To Top    #213
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    I gave it a 9.

I thought the episode was very well done. It tied up some loose ends (like Daryl and Maggie & co's fate) while left plenty of questions to keep us speculating until October. The episode passed very quickly while I was watching it - which means that I was entranced by it and not mindful of the time.

A great episode. Bring on Season 5.

4. Back To Top    #214
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    "A" was a 10 in my opinion. We had seen Terminus the week before when Maggie et al entered the place.

I felt it was necessary to spend a good part of the episode firstly taking care of the Claimer issue. We lost one of our main characters in a sense during the Claimer portion of the episode. The old Rick gave way to the new Rick. The 'whup ass' our groups puts to the Termites probably wouldn't be the same type 'whup ass' had the first part of episode not occurred in that fashion.

Rick and Daryl speaking together beside the car was touching and I too cried at Daryl's comments and Rick's comments.

Then we got into Terminus itself and really smelled a rat in the woodpile - the characters were not acting appropriately - I was yelling at my TV trying to warn Rick's group to "watch out" after Rick noticed the belongings. The candle. room, the stripped human bones, all of that just set my teeth on edge.

Watching the four line up with Carl last and away from Rick was tough to handle.

Being locked up with the others in the rail car wasn't terrifying to me because I know Rick, Daryl, Michonne and Carl had a contingency plan before they went into Terminus. They will find that Eugene et al will be helpful in carrying out their "whup ass" plan. Termites - ya better watch your back.

I wish Rick could have seen Judith somehow to know she is alive, I wish we knew about Beth. I am over the moon with how the finale was written and directed.

Using flashbacks as a literary device in this episode was pure genius.

5. Back To Top    #215
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I was glad to see the Hershel flashbacks. It shows how far Rick went from what he was when they arrived at the Prison to farmer Rick back to kick butt Rick. I'm hoping that maybe we're going to see a couple of more flashbacks of Hershel before we find Beth. It would be really great. I for one would love to see them head back to the farm for a couple of episodes. Just to kind of reset themselves and head on to where ever the powers that be is going to push them to.

6. Back To Top    #216
    Status

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Level
    I liked it, but the flashbacks got really annoying after awhile. I wish they would've used most of that time to have Carol, Tyreese and Judith show up in Terminus.

7. Back To Top    #217
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Level
    In 4.08, Daryl said about Carol "That's her, but that ain't her."

In 4.16, Daryl said to Rick "That ain't you."

Rick and Carol seemed to have parallel arcs in season 4 - doing brutal things trying to save lives, and learning how to balance their humanity with the brutality sometimes needed in a ZA.

8. Back To Top    #218
    Status

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Level
    The flashbacks seemed out of place and a different Rick form what we saw it 30 days, they felt off...

9. Back To Top    #219
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Level
    I just re-watched this episode along with the first 4 seasons and I have to say I miss when the episodes were this good and there was so much suspense and you really didn't know what was going to happen next.

Easily my 2nd favorite season finale second to Beside The Dying Fire

10. Back To Top    #220
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Loved it, I rated 10 but should have given it a 9.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122