Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061
  1. Back To Top    #601
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    I loved all the Breaking Bad callbacks in this one. That cold open last night was one of my favorite moments in the series. I expect it. I loved the interaction between Saul and Francesca. I’d guess he gave her Hamlin’s number, but it really could’ve been any of the lawyers we’ve seen so far. It wasn’t Kim though because she already knows her. I’m more interested in what she has to do on Nov. 12 at 3 pm for Saul though. Who would’ve guessed that we’d find out how the underground meth lab was built, but it was really interesting. I loved the cell phone stuff too. Jimmy was basically building a future clientele as he was selling the phones and the mugging will end up being a major trigger towards him becoming Saul. I’m still not really sure what’s going on with Kim though.

2. Back To Top    #602
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    I thought the "tell them Jimmy sent you" was in the flash forward while Jimmy's encounter with insomniac Howard was in the present.
    No he definitely hands her a business card for her lawyer and tells her that. My guess is she'd be high up in the witness list when it comes to cop murder and drug empire info. Shame really cause you know they'd make her life miserable just like skylar

3. Back To Top    #603
    Status
    Occasional Proud Apologist Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1208 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    No he definitely hands her a business card for her lawyer and tells her that. My guess is she'd be high up in the witness list when it comes to cop murder and drug empire info. Shame really cause you know they'd make her life miserable just like skylar
    Yes, totally agree about Francesca and all that went down, but when Jimmy ran into Howard in the men's room, Jimmy mentioned he was meeting with his parole person or monitor or whoever he has to meet with during his disbarment/whatever. The Francesca scene was in the future, wasn't it? The Howard scene was in the present.

4. Back To Top    #604
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Level
    Man, there's a present that's the past, the present that's now, a past that's now our primary present and if I think harder there's more than that. But with all that, this show never underestimates the viewer. That's what makes it so good.

5. Back To Top    #605
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Level
    Howard delivered the best line of night "Fuck you Jimmy"! How many times did they need to be able to drop the f-bomb on BB and couldnt?!?! This show is delicious!!! And they can do a time jump right!!!

6. Back To Top    #606
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Level
    Damn. Another missed opportunity for Kuby.

7. Back To Top    #607
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    Big time jump this week. Its going to be interesting seeing how Mike handles the situation with Kai after the setback he caused, but the lab is getting closer to being done. I loved that scene with Hector knocking the glass of water over to see the nurses ass and how Gus noticed it and immediately got rid of the doctor. But it looks like tonight was the beginning of the end for Kim and Jimmy. I think whatever idea she came up with at the end is just a last gasp to stop the inevitable.

8. Back To Top    #608
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Level
    Holy shit. More happened in that one episode than has probably happened in any episode in any of the Breaking Bad universe.

I'm gonna say that was at least a 6-8 month time jump. The show started at some point in 2002 and I think it was like mid 2003ish as of the previous episode. Now it's early 2004. I'm kinda glad they did because Breaking Bad doesn't even start till 2008 so as cool as it is to see all these characters and things jimmy does that gets us closer to a breaking bad it never really felt like we were getting close because we were still years behind. We still are but at least it shows they are willing to jump time when it makes sense. They never even made a big deal out of it. It happened not even in a Season premiere or finale. Just randomly within the last few episodes and if you blinked you'd miss it.

The reveal that Gus is the reason Hector never recovers is pretty fukt up. That is a huge fucking reveal that actually makes makes Breaking Bad even better. Not only does he make his life hell but the only reason he is the way he is in Breaking Bad is because Gus wanted to have him that way.

Jimmy & Kim's relationship is clearly about the crumble. I wouldn't be shocked if that is the big end of Season 4. The two of them are starting to drift apart whether they know it yet or not and now Kim knows what Jimmy has been doing.

Another thing I noticed is that people are actually starting to call Jimmy "Saul" when he was dealing. So it's actually a thing now. The name was used before but it was him calling himself that. Now the name itself is starting to catch on.

Also, it was cool to see that Jimmy & Huell are tight now. They were actively working together for months and months rather than just a one off. So I expect him to be on the show more going forward. Even if he goes to prison we may see Jimmy visit him there or they'll do another time jump and he'll be out in no time. This to me actually explains why Saul kept Huell around even though Huell kinda sucked at his job and was pretty lazy in Breaking Bad. The two of them were actually friends instead of Huell just being an employee. You can see how much Jimmy cares about Huell in this episode. They've grown a pretty strong friendship during the time jump, especially as Kim and Jimmy are growing apart. Huell has been the one Jimmy has been spending all that time with. You also have to wonder if Huell reminds Jimmy a bit of Marco.

I think another reason why we may get another time jump soon is because the meth lab still is only about half done and even though the German storyline is interesting it's not interesting enough to last more than this season especially with the tension rising between Mike and that one dude. I think we'll either end the season with a time jump OR the first episode of next will pick up with a time jump.

And it was so weird hearing Kim talk about Huell. Her mentioning Huell and learning of the stuff Jimmy has been doing and now representing him as his lawyer is the closest Kim herself has gotten to the whole Breaking Bad/Saul Goodman thing. When we finally see Kim & Huell to me it'll be very reminiscent of that moment in Breaking Bad when Skyler sits down for dinner with Jesse and Walt.

I think the real question is, is Kim willing to break bad for Jimmy?

Oh, and where is Nacho?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    I loved that scene with Hector knocking the glass of water over to see the nurses ass and how Gus noticed it and immediately got rid of the doctor.
    Gus realized Hector was still in there and that was all he needed. He didn't want Hector to recover, he just wanted Hector to recover enough to torture and make him feel weak and unable to stop what he eventually does in Breaking Bad. He didn't want him to die. He wanted him to suffer. It's actually pretty fucking messed up. It actually makes what Gus does to Hector in Breaking Bad even more terrifying. In Breaking Bad I just thought Gus took advantage of a situation. That the situation with Hector happened without Gus' involvement but because Gus hated him he capitalized on it but now you know that is not the case. Gus actually prevented him from getting better. This is like having someone's limbs removed and their tongue removed but still keeping them alive as a stump with a head so all they can do is watch as everything they love is taken away and destroyed in front of them.

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061