Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Back To Top    #61
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm not entirely sure, but he was obviously drunk so some of the worst could have been brought out of him or amplified. Shane did say the next morning that it's "not like me" or something along those lines. I'm not saying him doing it was right and it wasn't, but those are just my thoughts.

2. Back To Top    #62
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyChatKiller View Post
    I don't know what's going on, @LocsOfLove !!! Normally I'm all, Fuck Shane. I just feel sad that nobody loves him, haha. Forever alone Shane :(
    I'd be bros with him. ...I just wouldn't tell him I had a GF

3. Back To Top    #63
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    I think that she blamed part of Shane's action on the alcohol and probably told herself that he wouldn't have acted like that unless he was drunk, but mostly she knew that she would be outing herself if she told on Shane. Plus I do believe that part of her loved Shane and if not love, then at the minimum a great sense that she owed him for saving her and Carl's life.
    Those are also my thoughts and I mentioned something along those lines earlier in this thread. Lori had feelings for Shane. And he started scheming to see how they could get back together. On the spur of the moment he nearly shot Rick, until Dale intervened. Then in 18 Miles Out, he turned on Rick. Rick's mistake was thinking their friendship was stronger than Shane's desire for Lori.

I do find fault with Lori for feeding Shane conflicting messages. Her apologizing/explaining/sometimes agreeing with him only gave him false hope. That assault at the CDC should've been her wake up call. Drunk or not, he hadn't stopped wanting her, that much was clear. Maybe that wasn't so horrible in her eyes. Even Andrea called her out about her attitude in the face of having a husband, son, baby on the way and a lover. Evidently Andrea noticed their continued connection.

So when Rick needed her the most, when he was dealing with killing his best friend who tried to murder him first - Lori pushes him away. I'm not sure if she was mourning the likely father if her baby, and her admirer/lover - or if she was upset about her little boy Carl putting him down. Seeing Rick reaching for her, and her pushing him away.....well, imo that was the moment their marriage died.

Oops, sorry I went so far OT...I got carried away, lol.

4. Back To Top    #64
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Level
    That he was crazy? That he was THAT obsessed? That uniike before, she was not having him again since Rick was back? I really don't think it was anything more than that.

5. Back To Top    #65
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    Was rewatching this episode, this part caught my attention and how it was never brought up, that didn't happen with Beth and the dude from Grady, it served a purpose, and so did The Governor assaulting Maggie, but this was totally ignored after that episode like it never happened, so what was the point of this scene? we already knew Shane was developing some sort of obsession with her.
    Reminds me of Breaking Bad, that time Walt tried to rape Skyler and after that the writers didn't do anything with it, like it never happened, weird.
    It comes up again in the first episode of Season 2, when Shane tells Lori he's leaving, right after Carl finds the weapons and Shane snaps at him.

"What was that?"
    "What was what?"
    "The way you blew him off just now. You crushed him. I don't believe you. You're giving me the cold shoulder?"
    "Isn't that what you want? Weren't you the one who said stay the hell away from him and you?"
    "You forget what happened at the CDC? Your little meltdown in the rec room slip your mind? When you tried to-"
    "When I tried to what? What do you think that was?"
    "I think it is pretty plain what that was."
    "A mistake. One that I admit to. I have a few mistakes under my belt, Lori. So do you."
    "No debate there. But Shane, we need to stop this."
    "Why do you think I'm prepping my new ride? I'm leaving."
    "Leaving?"
    "As in gone for good. Gonna quietly slip away first chance I get."

The episode was literally in my DVD player cuz I watching it the other day and had it paused cuz I think the way Daryl runs out the church, weapon raised and shoving through folk when the church bell timer goes off is fucking hilarious.

I agree with the consensus of its purpose, to show Shane's descent, what he's capable of. Honestly, I've wondered if people knew or suspected at least. Not to the extent of the seriousness of it, but that maybe it was Lori that scratched him. It's brought to the attention of everybody and there's a fair few folk in that group that notice quite a lot.

6. Back To Top    #66
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post
    It comes up again in the first episode of Season 2, when Shane tells Lori he's leaving, right after Carl finds the weapons and Shane snaps at him.

"What was that?"
    "What was what?"
    "The way you blew him off just now. You crushed him. I don't believe you. You're giving me the cold shoulder?"
    "Isn't that what you want? Weren't you the one who said stay the hell away from him and you?"
    "You forget what happened at the CDC? Your little meltdown in the rec room slip your mind? When you tried to-"
    "When I tried to what? What do you think that was?"
    "I think it is pretty plain what that was."
    "A mistake. One that I admit to. I have a few mistakes under my belt, Lori. So do you."
    "No debate there. But Shane, we need to stop this."
    "Why do you think I'm prepping my new ride? I'm leaving."
    "Leaving?"
    "As in gone for good. Gonna quietly slip away first chance I get."

The episode was literally in my DVD player cuz I watching it the other day and had it paused cuz I think the way Daryl runs out the church, weapon raised and shoving through folk when the church bell timer goes off is fucking hilarious.

I agree with the consensus of its purpose, to show Shane's descent, what he's capable of. Honestly, I've wondered if people knew or suspected at least. Not to the extent of the seriousness of it, but that maybe it was Lori that scratched him. It's brought to the attention of everybody and there's a fair few folk in that group that notice quite a lot.
    Ya I was wondering that as well as I recently watched it. I mean come on who scratches themselves like that??

I would guess that MAYBE Rick knew...because he said had known right away when Lori finally told him about them. And of course I'm sure Dale knew already because he is somehow omniscient about everything.

7. Back To Top    #67
    Status
    Token Black Guy FN-2199 "Nines"'s Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level

8. Back To Top    #68
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)