Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
  1. Back To Top    #511
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    I confess that I loved Carol this episode. She was totally handling all the shit this episode. She was kicking ass and taking names as usual. I was even with her when she decided to save K.ing Zeke and Jerry instead of chasing after the truck of guns trusting Daryl and Rick to do their jobs and follow the truck o' guns. As I have said before many times I adore Carol and hope against hope that she makes it to the end of the show.

2. Back To Top    #512
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Level
    I confess that I love Carol. Probably too much. I want to BE her, once the za comes. She was da bomb this episode. So glad she's out of her depression.

3. Back To Top    #513
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Level
    I confess that I really liked Carol and think she was great in last night's episode. I read all the complaints about Rambo Carol but I think people are misjudging her. She cannot ever charge through enemies and she does not have the weight or the muscles to be Rambo. What she is, is smart.
    Earlier this evening, I was grading papers and had on Modern Family reruns. In the one I saw, Mitchell climbed into the A/C ceiling vent. It was stupid but certainly not Rambo. And it was exactly what Carol did, for a smarter purpose - to give her the advantage of surprise.

It is not Rambo, it is female brains and smartness which gives Carol an edge. Enemies see a small, gray haired woman and they never see how smart and calculating she is. She is never Rambo, but she is never without options. A show that gives us a clever, smart older woman who isn't afraid to fight is a rare thing on tv. And all the Rambo complaints are from folks who do not know how to judge her. Some folks want fistfights or gun battles but they do not admire alternative ways to get to a goal, or a clever way to take advantage of walkers. Carol seems to give the writers some room to be clever and I for one appreciate it.

4. Back To Top    #514
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    Loved Carol is "some Guy". Could have been entitled "Carol's over all that moping around the creepy house." I felt all of King Ezekiel's pain when he had to land on Planet Reality but if Shiva had to die to shut him up? It's okay with me.
    Carol on the other hand was a boss. She didn't stand out in an open field with a large group outside a Savior outpost. (Just put a bulls eye on your back, Kingdom warriors). Instead she did what she always does. She ambushed Saviors from the ceiling. She tried to prevent the Saviors from taking the guns but chose instead to save Ezekiel and Jerry from walkers.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152