1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Time casts a spell on you... Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Level

Madison Debate (Love and Hate Allowed)

Open discussion for Madison. Both love and hate are allowed.

I thought she was OK. I wish she'd have believed Travis though when he told her he'd seen the church and Nick wasn't making it up. I get that she's probably tired of his drug use and lies and all that but this was her fiance that told her it was true. She was dismissive and I wish she'd have given Travis the benefit of the doubt, at least.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    I can't stand her..I think she's extremely dull and obnoxious. She's by far my least favorite character. She's like Lori 2.0

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Watch the McBae McSlay gumby713's Avatar

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassenach View Post
    Open discussion for Madison. Both love and hate are allowed.

I thought she was OK. I wish she'd have believed Travis though when he told her he'd seen the church and Nick wasn't making it up. I get that she's probably tired of his drug use and lies and all that but this was her fiance that told her it was true. She was dismissive and I wish she'd have given Travis the benefit of the doubt, at least.
    Definitely on the same page with that. It was clear that she was exhausted from dealing with Nick's drug issues and that she cared about him deeply as evidenced by her lying with him in bed and breaking down at the church. However, it did irk me a bit that she was so hesitant to look for him when her fiancé backed up Nick's claims (or at the very least acknowledged that something seriously sketchy and dangerous went down). I understand not trusting her son outright with his story considering his addiction(s) and the manipulative behavior associated with such issues (which vary with every addict, and I think it's a bit early to fully recognize the specific lengths of his addictions). However, Travis backing Nick up after seeing the place for himself should have left no questions to be asked. I respect her struggle that she is a mother of an addict, but also feel that her actions were a bit cold regardless. I'm hoping her character is flushed out more in that regard and that we get to explore her relationship with Nick because I want to like her, but right now I'm having a hard time with that. This part of the plot just felt stigmatizing to those dealing with addictions, and I hope further exploration helps get rid of that portrayal.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Only character I didn't like so far hopefully that'll change soon.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby713 View Post
    Definitely on the same page with that. It was clear that she was exhausted from dealing with Nick's drug issues and that she cared about him deeply as evidenced by her lying with him in bed and breaking down at the church. However, it did irk me a bit that she was so hesitant to look for him when her fiancé backed up Nick's claims (or at the very least acknowledged that something seriously sketchy and dangerous went down). I understand not trusting her son outright with his story considering his addiction(s) and the manipulative behavior associated with such issues (which vary with every addict, and I think it's a bit early to fully recognize the specific lengths of his addictions). However, Travis backing Nick up after seeing the place for himself should have left no questions to be asked. I respect her struggle that she is a mother of an addict, but also feel that her actions were a bit cold regardless. I'm hoping her character is flushed out more in that regard and that we get to explore her relationship with Nick because I want to like her, but right now I'm having a hard time with that. This part of the plot just felt stigmatizing to those dealing with addictions, and I hope further exploration helps get rid of that portrayal.
    I agree with all of this.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah, I was a little disappointed. I want to like her character. I wish she had been more receptive to Travis' investigation when he verified Nick's story. She seems distracted or something.

I thought her portrayal of a mother of an addict was realistic, and the coolest thing she did tonight was cover for Tobias when he tried to sneak the knife in. I think I'm going to like that kid, lol. He knows they're all doomed.

Anyhow, she reminded me of Andrea in a way - there's just a cocky, don't-try-and-tell-me-anything air about her. Whoever said 'dismissive' got it right. Will give her another chance. Interesting character at least.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Level
    I really liked her. She is the perfect example of a mother that's completely fed up with the lies of her drug addicted son, a mother that has been let down and hurt over and over again by her son's actions which makes her response and her attitude towards what Nick and Travis were saying totally understandable. And, she seems to be tough which unfortunately can be considered by some as a bitchy behavior.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadhead View Post
    Yeah, I was a little disappointed. I want to like her character. I wish she had been more receptive to Travis' investigation when he verified Nick's story. She seems distracted or something.

I thought her portrayal of a mother of an addict was realistic, and the coolest thing she did tonight was cover for Tobias when he tried to sneak the knife in. I think I'm going to like that kid, lol. He knows they're all doomed.

Anyhow, she reminded me of Andrea in a way - there's just a cocky, don't-try-and-tell-me-anything air about her. Whoever said 'dismissive' got it right. Will give her another chance. Interesting character at least.

I liked that she covered for Tobias too.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Level
    I too see her exhaustion over Nick's drug abuse as a justifiable enough excuse for why she was being so dismissive of Travis throughout the episode. I think it was Davidson who described her character as a bit of a pessimist as the show starts out (because of the various circumstances she's faced over the years that have led her to this point).

Thus far I love both Madison and Travis equally though. They both genuinely feel like real, emotionally complex people. This is partially thanks to the flawless performances by both Dickens and Curtis.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Level
    I thought she was ok but the writing for her could have been better. Like I get that Travis is the Mulder and Madison is the Scully here, but I was also a little irked by how dismissive she was of Travis, went to the church, and barely had any reaction to the blood. Her (and Travis') reaction at the end were also underwhelming.

She seemed solid though. I liked her interaction with Tobias better than I did with the family lol.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast