Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    Being from NY, I'd loved to have seen it set here.. NYC is as diverse as LA, with the added bonus of winter. Then I realized, with the city being comprised of islands (Manhattan, Queens/Brooklyn on Long Island, Staten Island) we'd pretty much all die out pretty quickly.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Anybody familiar with the mini-series adaptation of Stephen King's "The Stand" got to see something akin to a ZA break out in NYC. With cannibalistic zombies roaming around though, the bridges and tunnels of the NY metro area would be swarming with walkers, making it nearly impossible for characters to get too far away from the city and would seriously hamper any expansion of plots beyond basically the immediate area. At least with LA you have the options of characters heading north up the coast, or south into Mexico, or east into the desert... which has already been discussed as a possible haven by Maddy & Travis.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Chilling with Brie Larson and all of her awards
    Threads
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Level
    LA is so populated that watching society fall in a big and bustling diverse but also crowded city will be very interesting to watch. Theyll all have a hell of time trying to leave. Have you ever seen rush hour on the highway near LA? Its crazy. Now imagine how bad it could get with an apocalypse occurring. I would've liked a winter setting too but they are much more difficult to film.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicatNY View Post
    Being from NY, I'd loved to have seen it set here.. NYC is as diverse as LA, with the added bonus of winter. Then I realized, with the city being comprised of islands (Manhattan, Queens/Brooklyn on Long Island, Staten Island) we'd pretty much all die out pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiverDown View Post
    Anybody familiar with the mini-series adaptation of Stephen King's "The Stand" got to see something akin to a ZA break out in NYC. With cannibalistic zombies roaming around though, the bridges and tunnels of the NY metro area would be swarming with walkers, making it nearly impossible for characters to get too far away from the city and would seriously hamper any expansion of plots beyond basically the immediate area. At least with LA you have the options of characters heading north up the coast, or south into Mexico, or east into the desert... which has already been discussed as a possible haven by Maddy & Travis.
    I would have loved it if it was set in NYC! It would be tough crossing into New Jersey through the tunnels or bridges. Have you ever been through the Lincoln Tunnel for example? It is long and quite narrow. IF the ZA ever happened, the electricity would cut out in the tunnel and there would surely be multi-car pile-ups very quickly in there. I read The Stand and the Lincoln Tunnel crossing to me was the scariest part! What I would do is get a boogie board (or anything that can float and carry my weight) and paddle across to New Jersey (or the Bronx or Connecticut if I had no choice). I'm pretty sure other people would do that too if they didn't have a boat too.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    It's set in LA because they won't have to spend much on props because it already looks like a zombie outbreak occurred. LA is a terrible place to live.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Los Angeles is awesome.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Level
    I imagine that at least part of it was to explore a larger variety of Latino characters, which is one of the defining characteristics of the West Coast.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    They said they want the show to be as different as possible from the first show. More hispanic cast members, oceans, no woods, no southern accents, city scenes, airplane scenes, etc.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Gamer IDs
    Gamertag: DefconP33v3
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    I think LA is a good starting point. It is an area with tons of potential threats, few "natural" resources and a large population of potentially scary folks.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    They seem to pick warm areas. For something different, maybe they should have shown how people in cold climates were doing. Maybe even overseas countries, though FTW dead and TWD seem to have lots of actors from countries other than the US.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12