Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Status
    DEVOLVED HUNTER HateForTheMasses's Avatar

Waiting for Bethiva to finally start singing.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Level

Will Carl Resent Michonne

I'm not really interested in debating whether or not Michonne was right or wrong here in killing Ron in this thread. I'm more interested in seeing how everyone feels about what Carl's reaction will be. I know that they are close but losing an eye and having a disfigured face is enough to tip anyone over the edge. Will Carl see it as a freak accident? Will he see it as Michonne was protecting Rick? Will he focus on different ways she could have handed the situation? Wil this bring them closer or create a divide? If there's a divide will it be temporary or will he always hold this against her?

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think Carl will have any resentment towards Michonne..if he does then the writers are stupid. She saved Rick's life. It was clear Ron was going to pull the trigger. It's not like she meant to do it. Even Rick gave her a grateful head nod..he was definitely thankful she saved his life..and he doesn't seem to have any resentment towards her either. It was literally a freak accident

Status

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1724 Post(s)
    Level
    Not sure if he will or not. Will be interesting to see how he reacts to it. I still say she should have chopped Ron's hand or head off.

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level
    I think it depends on how much he remembers of the incident as well his relationship with Michonne. He could be resentful if he doesn't have his full memories. That would be interesting to see Michonne deal with.

Status

I need the darkness someone please cut the lights
    Threads
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Level
    It's an interesting take. Carl and Michonne's relationship is one of my favourite's over all, probably because the bond that they have has never felt forced. I had never seen anything potentially spoiling that closeness, but the way that the shooting went down was interesting. It was deliberately made quite ambiguous, that much was clear having watched the episode again. There are so many questionable decisions made within that entire sequence, everyone is to blame and no-one is to blame.
    I really do think it will depend on how the shooting effects Carl. How much he can remember and whether what he remembers makes sense to him. That is an incredibly traumatic injury and entirely life altering. He is still a teen and emotionally immature, I can fully see him struggling and lashing out at those people who are closest to him. With Michonne being one of the closest, that puts her in the firing line.

Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Level
    She saved him from death.

eye vs death.

Status
    Problem Child Semolina Pilchard's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    He might blame himself for not telling Rick the truth after the incident in the garage with Ron, but he's been through so much already he understands chain reaction. I'm wondering if he still has a chance with Enid, though.

Status
    I Will Profane Your Fucking Remains John Dixon's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Level
    I doubt he will resent her. I think the only thing that will be on his mind will be getting adjusted to life with only one eye. But when
    Spoiler Spoiler:

That's about the only way I could see it happening. But you never know what these writers are gonna do.

Status
    True Happiness Begins Within Lilac Fields's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't know if Carl will be upset about what happened but if he's going to be upset with Michonne then he shouldn't stop there. He should also be upset with Rick and Jessie for creating such a hostile situation where Ron made several attempts to kill or fight him and his dad.

Carl should then also blame himself for not telling his father about what happened in the garage and the graveness of the situation. Ron was a powder keg that everyone underestimated.

In the end Carl still has his life. Maybe Denise can find him a glass eye or a patch either way it beats death. Knowing this show they'll gloss over everything like they did with the attempted rape.

Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1153 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think Carl will resent her at all. Not the Carl who killed the kid in season 3 who may or may not have been surrendering. Whether or not he was wrong or simply used bad judgment in that situation, he knows what it's like to be in such a situation; so I don't think he'll be throwing any stones from his own glass house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast