1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Jaywalking Loiterer Shane's Addiction's Avatar

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Level

More Teenagers for Carl's Character Development?

We all know that there aren't very many teenagers in Alexandria. In the comic, there seems to be quite a few more at the Hilltop. I'm just wondering if the writers will add any more teenaged actors as the hilltop arc plays out so Carl's character can expand in new ways. What do you all think?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Gamer IDs
    Gamertag: None PSN ID: NightieKnight XFIRE ID: None Steam ID: None Raptr ID: None Wii Code: None
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Level
    I was very surprised how empty the Hilltop looked when our favorite survivors arrived there last week. I wouldn't be surprised if that was purposely planned so that they could fill it with a bunch more people later on.

As to your question, yes I think we will see teenagers at least post civil war to give Carl more development but I wouldn't be surprised if the show chose to do like a 5 year time jump to make up for CR's rapid growth.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Got A Mean Way Of Being Happy John Dixon's Avatar

Making Eugene watch while Rosita and I do it
    Threads
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Level
    It depends on the changes she goes though from here on out. It obviously looks like she's going through some remorse from some of her earlier actions in this coming episode. After Lizzie and Mika, I honestly feel she lost a huge part of her soul. Imo she had the intention to look after them like she would have looked after Sophia. But she held herself responsible for all three of their deaths. Which is why she distanced herself from Sam in Alexandria from the get go. A lot of people have differing opinions about this. But it seems obvious to me that she was only so blunt with Sam because she didn't want to get attached to another helpless child in the ZA, which I can't blame her for.

I for one don't see it happening anytime soon, and by that I mean this season. Perhaps in season 7. But I'd like to see TPTB explore other things with Carol in the future. The sky is literally the limit with what they can have her do from here on out. Sending her character backward to being the babysitter doesn't seem fitting at this point.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree with @John Dixon - Carol's character is beyond babysitting. Sam was a plot device for her 'development' concerning M&L...however will there be more teen's? I would like to think so/hope so. otherwise we end up with a bloated middleaged cast with no hope for a future of the human race!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Level
    Plase, no. Most of the past teenager scenes I found annoying and boring as hell. The prospect of even more pubescent and moping teenagers is rather underwhelming for me to be honest.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Queen Rose I of Grand Bahama Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Level
    I suppose if they add more teens, we should be prepared for a spin off called "The Walking Dead: Next Generation". I'm perfectly happy with just the 2 teens - Carl and Enid.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
    It depends on the changes she goes though from here on out. It obviously looks like she's going through some remorse from some of her earlier actions in this coming episode. After Lizzie and Mika, I honestly feel she lost a huge part of her soul. Imo she had the intention to look after them like she would have looked after Sophia. But she held herself responsible for all three of their deaths. Which is why she distanced herself from Sam in Alexandria from the get go. A lot of people have differing opinions about this. But it seems obvious to me that she was only so blunt with Sam because she didn't want to get attached to another helpless child in the ZA, which I can't blame her for.

I for one don't see it happening anytime soon, and by that I mean this season. Perhaps in season 7. But I'd like to see TPTB explore other things with Carol in the future. The sky is literally the limit with what they can have her do from here on out. Sending her character backward to being the babysitter doesn't seem fitting at this point.
    All great points, but I believe you mistook Carl for Carol :)

I can see them introducing one or two more teenagers for Carl's character development but not more. Enid's already there, we don't need 10 teenagers in the show lol. Mikey should still be in Alexandria, but since 5x12 we haven't seen him once so writers probably forgot about him. It would be nice if Carl had a friend his age other than Enid. He was starting to be friends with Ron until the whole mess with Rick and Pete happened. He needs friendship like that, but without necesarry drama.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Got A Mean Way Of Being Happy John Dixon's Avatar

Making Eugene watch while Rosita and I do it
    Threads
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kordas View Post
    All great points, but I believe you mistook Carl for Carol :)

I can see them introducing one or two more teenagers for Carl's character development but not more. Enid's already there, we don't need 10 teenagers in the show lol. Mikey should still be in Alexandria, but since 5x12 we haven't seen him once so writers probably forgot about him. It would be nice if Carl had a friend his age other than Enid. He was starting to be friends with Ron until the whole mess with Rick and Pete happened. He needs friendship like that, but without necesarry drama.
    I certainly did, didn't I? Lol.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    439 Post(s)
    Level
    Still have no idea what happened to Mikey.