Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBaby View Post
    My question was "He's okay with Michonne as his 'mom'," Meaning that he's okay with another woman taking on the role and title of "mom" when that is still a fresh emotional wound. When did I say he's pissed that Michonne is his mom? (more crickets.)

- - - Updated - - -

Going off topic here....but who? Care to name names?
    Where did you read that I said that he's pissed that Michonne is his "mom"? I said that it seems to me that you are mad that he sees her that way. Michonne has been important to Carl since season 3. I don't think that the way he sees Michonne is rushed/ forced. I still think that this is another baiting thread against Michonne/ Carchonne/ Richonne/ Judichonne.

Status
    DEVOLVED HUNTER HateForTheMasses's Avatar

Waiting for Bethiva to finally start singing.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    983 Post(s)
    Level
    It's criminal that we were robbed of seeing the aftermath of Carl losing his eye. To me, it makes no sense that he would even be near as ok emotionally as we are seeing after only a few weeks. I was hoping to see some anger towards Michonne from him. Even if it wasn't completely rational. There is a fair argument there that the way she handled Ron did cost him his eye. There's also an argument that she saved his life. Both have valid points. If I were in Carl's shoes I would be wondering why she stabbed a kid in the back that had his finger on the trigger as opposed to sidestepping him and chopping his hands off. Ron was hesitating. It's also a fair argument that she felt she had to act immediately. Again, both sides have solid points. Either way, even if Michonne is removed from the equation altogether I still think his emotional recovery was seriously rushed.

I also have issue with him accepting her being called his mom. It disrespects Lori. I was raised by my bio mom just like Carl was so I can say with certainty that I'd never be comfortable with anyone else ever being called my mom. That's just me though. It's one thing for him to be accepting of her as a mother figure/dads gf. I would totally be ok with that. I just feel the writer are pushing mommy Michonne on us too hard.

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NormAndrew View Post
    Where did you read that I said that he's pissed that Michonne is his "mom"? I said that it seems to me that you are mad that he sees her that way. Michonne has been important to Carl since season 3. I don't think that the way he sees Michonne is rushed/ forced. I still think that this is another baiting thread against Michonne/ Carchonne/ Richonne/ Judichonne.
    I see no lies in your reply

Status
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Level
    Are you worried about Coral being messed up or are you just pissed that he sees Michonne as family?

This is where I read it. Your exact words. To answer your question about why this is even and issue, Richonne is cannon, get over it, move on, yadda yadda yadda.....My question was how a young boy, who saw his mother die in front of him, and then had to shoot her in the head, must be messed up. And the topic of his "mom" should still be a raw wound.

So when Jesus said "waiting for you mom and dad o get dressed" we saw him look like "wha?"

My point had nothing to do with Richonne, you are implying that I'm pissed that Richonne is cannon. I don't care....it's a TV show. The day I lose sleep over worrying about fictional characterd hooking up, that's the day I go ti the loony bin.

Am I speaking Japanee here? I thought I asked a simple question. we missed the part of him waking up and asking for his mom. I have boys Carl's age. My point was that he must he really messed up, and "mom" is a sensitive topic. I am not pissed that Michonne is part of their family.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    It's criminal that we were robbed of seeing the aftermath of Carl losing his eye. To me, it makes no sense that he would even be near as ok emotionally as we are seeing after only a few weeks. I was hoping to see some anger towards Michonne from him. Even if it wasn't completely rational. There is a fair argument there that the way she handled Ron did cost him his eye. There's also an argument that she saved his life. Both have valid points. If I were in Carl's shoes I would be wondering why she stabbed a kid in the back that had his finger on the trigger as opposed to sidestepping him and chopping his hands off. Ron was hesitating. It's also a fair argument that she felt she had to act immediately. Again, both sides have solid points. Either way, even if Michonne is removed from the equation altogether I still think his emotional recovery was seriously rushed.

I also have issue with him accepting her being called his mom. It disrespects Lori. I was raised by my bio mom just like Carl was so I can say with certainty that I'd never be comfortable with anyone else ever being called my mom. That's just me though. It's one thing for him to be accepting of her as a mother figure/dads gf. I would totally be ok with that. I just feel the writer are pushing mommy Michonne on us too hard.

My dad died 8 years ago. My father in law has always wanted me to call him dad. After MY dad died, I could do it anymore.

Status

Being pimped out to Vinnie Paul by HateForTheMasses
    Threads
    Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Level
    I've talked about this before, but I do have a problem with how Carl's character is being portrayed since his accident. I was fully expecting them to start delving into the inevitable issues that he would have dealing with the aftermath of his accident, and then discovering that his Dad had started a new relationship. No matter how close Carl and Michonne were, someone who was your friend beginning an intimate relationship with your father isn't something that many kids would just shrug off and accept. Again in trying to rush through certain aspects of the story line, Carl's development has been neglected. I don't know if they are going to follow the GN and have a darker side of his personality develop. But it doesn't look like it based on what we have seen so far. That makes me wonder what they actually are going to do with him. He had to shoot his own mother, that isn't something that has been fully dealt with. I could see his father starting a new relationship being a trigger for pain and regret over the circumstances of his mother's death. There are some real opportunities for really great progress for Carl's character. I just hope they don't waste them.

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    This is where I read it. Your exact words. To answer your question about why this is even and issue, Richonne is cannon, get over it, move on, yadda yadda yadda.....My question was how a young boy, who saw his mother die in front of him, and then had to shoot her in the head, must be messed up. And the topic of his "mom" should still be a raw wound.

So when Jesus said "waiting for you mom and dad o get dressed" we saw him look like "wha?"

My point had nothing to do with Richonne, you are implying that I'm pissed that Richonne is cannon. I don't care....it's a TV show. The day I lose sleep over worrying about fictional characterd hooking up, that's the day I go ti the loony bin.

Am I speaking Japanee here? I thought I asked a simple question. we missed the part of him waking up and asking for his mom. I have boys Carl's age. My point was that he must he really messed up, and "mom" is a sensitive topic. I am not pissed that Michonne is part of their family.
    You read it the wrong way. You implied that I said that Carl is pissed when I said that YOU are pissed. I get it. It is a sensitive topic. We saw how Carl reacted after Lori's death in season 3. Maybe TPTB didn't want to repeat it all over again. Let's not pretend that the "mom" part is the only bit that they skipped. Why did they gloss over the Claimers' part? He was about to be raped, but somehow it isn't an issue.
    I guess that his What? moment had nothing to do with Jesus calling Michonne his mom. He's one funny dude, he knows that Michonne isn't Carl's real mom. Plus, Carl had already said that he saw Michonne as family, so why should he be mad? I guess that he was a little surprised to find out about Rick and Michonne (in a good way since he told Rick that he was OK with it).
    One more thing. I don't think that Carl is OK from an emotional point of view. He referred to his messed-up face if I recall correctly. Maybe we'll see more.
    Let's not project what we want to see onto fictional characters. Carl was lucky enough to find a person who loves him unconditionally and who would do anything to protect him. Are you losing your sleep over Carl being fine and Rick being in love again? You keep talking about how much you want Rick to kill Michonne to save Carl's life. Michonne is selfless I'm pretty sure that she would die to save Carl and Judith's lives just like Lori, yes just like their mom. If I had a kid and I happened to die, I would be OK with my kid being happy. I would be dead, why should I care?

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Here we go again. No, I'm not pissed that he sees Michonne as family. Yes, I don't like Richonne. I just don't like them together. I don't like Jessie and I wouldn't want to see him with tv Andrea. I am not a racist.
    Why did you even say you're not racist. No one said you were

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Level
    I hope we do get dark, pissed off Carl. I thought that we saw glimpses of this aspect of his personality at the end of S3. But, the theme of the following season was about healing. All of that those Rick and Hershel consultation moments, the "We all get to come back" and "things can bend but not break" mantras were not just meant for Rick. That theme was for also part of Carl's story arc (as well as others). I believe that we are now beginning to witness the slow build up to the darker version of Carl but the key figure in the devolution of his character won't even be seen until 6x16. Give it time, there will be plenty of time for Carl to self hate. Let the kid just be grateful to be alive right now. Maybe that's how this character processes lost. Gratitude for having survived and love for Michonne for saving his father; even at the expense of his own eye. They are all alive and this is were Carl is focused at the moment; as he adjusts to this new version of himself. Some may contend that Michonne had options with regard to how she used the weapon but it was all split second survival stuff. Someone was going to die and Michonne was making damn sure it wasn't her family. I think that Carl gets that. But on a whole other level here, if you see some random dude sitting on your steps and you actually have a gun pulled on that dude; are you going to correct him when he says mom and dad? I think not! I don't think it matters in the moment to Carl what jesus said and I think that Jesus is just being a disarming smart ass trying to seem nonplussed.

Status
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ta99 View Post
    Why did you even say you're not racist. No one said you were

Sorry, but on another forum I said I didn't like Richonne. Then I got attacked by the "Richonne Army," and racist was the nicest term they used.

- - - Updated - - -

You read it the wrong way. You implied that I said that Carl is pissed when I said that YOU are pissed. I get it. It is a sensitive topic. We saw how Carl reacted after Lori's death in season 3. Maybe TPTB didn't want to repeat it all over again. Let's not pretend that the "mom" part is the only bit that they skipped. Why did they gloss over the Claimers' part? He was about to be raped, but somehow it isn't an issue.
    I guess that his What? moment had nothing to do with Jesus calling Michonne his mom. He's one funny dude, he knows that Michonne isn't Carl's real mom. Plus, Carl had already said that he saw Michonne as family, so why should he be mad? I guess that he was a little surprised to find out about Rick and Michonne (in a good way since he told Rick that he was OK with it).
    One more thing. I don't think that Carl is OK from an emotional point of view. He referred to his messed-up face if I recall correctly. Maybe we'll see more.
    Let's not project what we want to see onto fictional characters. Carl was lucky enough to find a person who loves him unconditionally and who would do anything to protect him. Are you losing your sleep over Carl being fine and Rick being in love again? You keep talking about how much you want Rick to kill Michonne to save Carl's life. Michonne is selfless I'm pretty sure that she would die to save Carl and Judith's lives just like Lori, yes just like their mom. If I had a kid and I happened to die, I would be OK with my kid being happy. I would be dead, why should I care?

Super pissed. And I really wanted Sam Malone to get with Rebecca, I wanted Monica to hook up with Joey, and Dr. Mark Greene to get with Dr. Susan Lewis. All these fictional characters getting into the wrong relationships!!!

Seriously? Fictional characters.

My point was not him being happy. I'm glad the fictional character is. My point was it has only been a year since he saw his mother die in front of him, then had to shoot her in the head. He's a young boy, and it's only been a year. That's why I'm surprised that he's okay, or seems to be, with Michonne taking on the "mom" title.

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Sorry, but on another forum I said I didn't like Richonne. Then I got attacked by the "Richonne Army," and racist was the nicest term they used.

- - - Updated - - -

Super pissed. And I really wanted Sam Malone to get with Rebecca, I wanted Monica to hook up with Joey, and Dr. Mark Greene to get with Dr. Susan Lewis. All these fictional characters getting into the wrong relationships!!!

Seriously? Fictional characters.

My point was not him being happy. I'm glad the fictional character is. My point was it has only been a year since he saw his mother die in front of him, then had to shoot her in the head. He's a young boy, and it's only been a year. That's why I'm surprised that he's okay, or seems to be, with Michonne taking on the "mom" title.
    Wow. Its okay for people to not like Richonne and not to be thought of as racist...but I assume some people are sensitive to it and lash out. Michonne gets called a lot of names..I was just on a Youtube video and people were calling her a monkey and that it was bestiality for her to be with Rick. It is all very hateful speech, however, those are the minority and the majority of fans both casual and hardcore feel like it makes sense for them to be together or don't care one way or another and aren't spewing hate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.