Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    It's criminal that we were robbed of seeing the aftermath of Carl losing his eye. To me, it makes no sense that he would even be near as ok emotionally as we are seeing after only a few weeks. I was hoping to see some anger towards Michonne from him. Even if it wasn't completely rational. There is a fair argument there that the way she handled Ron did cost him his eye. There's also an argument that she saved his life. Both have valid points. If I were in Carl's shoes I would be wondering why she stabbed a kid in the back that had his finger on the trigger as opposed to sidestepping him and chopping his hands off. Ron was hesitating. It's also a fair argument that she felt she had to act immediately. Again, both sides have solid points. Either way, even if Michonne is removed from the equation altogether I still think his emotional recovery was seriously rushed.

I also have issue with him accepting her being called his mom. It disrespects Lori. I was raised by my bio mom just like Carl was so I can say with certainty that I'd never be comfortable with anyone else ever being called my mom. That's just me though. It's one thing for him to be accepting of her as a mother figure/dads gf. I would totally be ok with that. I just feel the writer are pushing mommy Michonne on us too hard.
    Carl wasn't the one calling her mom, though Jesus was. I think it all depends on the relationship whether or not a kid wants to call their parents girlfriend their mom. Carl and Lori's relationship seemed to always be rough nonetheless, they both cared and loved each other. There are some kids that would never approve of someone else being called their mom and than there are others that would be fine with it. I would like to know how Chandler feels about the "mom" thing. It would be interesting to hear his thoughts.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBaby View Post
    Sorry, but on another forum I said I didn't like Richonne. Then I got attacked by the "Richonne Army," and racist was the nicest term they used.

- - - Updated - - -

Super pissed. And I really wanted Sam Malone to get with Rebecca, I wanted Monica to hook up with Joey, and Dr. Mark Greene to get with Dr. Susan Lewis. All these fictional characters getting into the wrong relationships!!!

Seriously? Fictional characters.

My point was not him being happy. I'm glad the fictional character is. My point was it has only been a year since he saw his mother die in front of him, then had to shoot her in the head. He's a young boy, and it's only been a year. That's why I'm surprised that he's okay, or seems to be, with Michonne taking on the "mom" title.
    1) Why are you complaining about another forum on this site?
    2) Carl went through a lot of shit. He grew up quickly. He's more mature than comic!Carl.
    3)It still looks like that you're pissed about Michonne taking on the "mom" title, not about him not being OK in general. Tbh, I don't think that he'll call her "mom". He could see her as such as he implied when he told her that he would put her down, but he's too old to call her "mom".
    4) Seriously, wrong relationships? Why do you see Richonne as wrong? Never mind, I don't really care and it would be off topic. I guess that everyone would be a bad match for Rick but Lori.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NormAndrew View Post
    1) Why are you complaining about another forum on this site?
    2) Carl went through a lot of shit. He grew up quickly. He's more mature than comic!Carl.
    3)It still looks like that you're pissed about Michonne taking on the "mom" title, not about him not being OK in general. Tbh, I don't think that he'll call her "mom". He could see her as such as he implied when he told her that he would put her down, but he's too old to call her "mom".
    4) Seriously, wrong relationships? Why do you see Richonne as wrong? Never mind, I don't really care and it would be off topic. I guess that everyone would be a bad match for Rick but Lori.

You still don't "get it." And I'm not going to waste another second trying to explain what I thought was a simple question.

G'bye.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    You still don't "get it." And I'm not going to waste another second trying to explain what I thought was a simple question.

G'bye.
    I tried to answer. If you don't like my answer, it isn't my freaking problem, 'k?

- - - Updated - - -

He's really okay with his "mom" as Michonne?
    This is the original question. My answer is :yes, he is OK with that whether you like it or not. #DealWithIt

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    You must be referring to Jesus calling Richonne Carl's "mom and dad" because Carl hasn't called Michonne "mom" once. It doesn't even matter if he does. They formed a bond that happened organically and blossomed into something that the both of them cherish. We haven't seen either of them be as vulnerable with other people as they are with each other, which is really beautiful. I mean he's still the only one who knows she had a child for goodness' sake. Seriously, who cares what he calls her?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.