Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    episode 3 was amazing. I actually felt conflicted in all the choices that involved siding with or against David. This is the kind of storytelling I expect for the Walking Dead, the kind that is largely absent in the comics and tv show now.

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I've just started the Telltale games. Finished Season 2 last week (downloaded it for free from Xbox Live), then started what was available of Season 3 so far and I've went back to season 1. So, in other words, I'm playing them completely out of sequence.

They're amazing though. There definitely seems to be a shift in the execution though. Season 1 has a lot of gameplay that mostly revolves around looking for things and doing things in a specific order. It's the Season that is taking me the most time to complete the gameplay side. Season 2 didn't lose too much of that, but the gameplay was simpler and it took me less time to complete objectives. Meanwhile, with Season 3 it's pretty easy to forget you're even playing a game. The cut scenes take up most of the play time and the gaming segments always go by super quick compared to the other seasons.

I love every season so far, and I'd say Lee is actually my least favourite protagonist. I have only played up to Episode 4 of that season but despite his backstory, he seems to be a blank canvass. Clem is obviously the best, but Javier is pretty interesting too. He seems to have more personality than the others, and I like his relationship with his adopted family.

If you're pissed about Clem not being the focus, I would say that isn't a bad thing. Telltale created a character that people really care about, and it would be cool to continue her journey, but I've gotta trust them. If they can make me care that much about Clem, then maybe I'll care just as much about Javi by the end of it.

The New Frontier really just feels like you're watching a TV show with the occasional gameplay elements. It's a pretty good TV show in my opinion, and the new episode comes out on Tuesday! I just want to see what happens with David. My Javi had no problem betraying him and trying to escape / hook up with Kate. Even if he's a brother, David is a jerk.

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Level
    Episode 4 is my favorite episode in a long time, even though the action is pretty absent until the final moments. The flashbacks on Javi, and Clementine/Ava, continue to shed light on all their characters. Gabe is a little shit, especially in parts of this episode, but he has potential for sure. I thought Joan was going to be a bigger villain for the finale, but it looks like the main threat is going to be the herd instead.

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Welp, that finale... that was truly one of the worst things I've watched in my whole life. This company is possibly dead.

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Level
    Not the biggest fan of the finale, but the scene where you can choose to fight David or say I love you...wow.

Status
    Threads
    Gamer IDs
    Gamertag: Fedorekd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    The finale was alright, but way too short.

Status
    Youre cooking the pan you fucking dick Sadie's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Level
    So sick of these walking dead writers. How could they ruin the last walking dead game like this? I'm tired of barely seeing Clem and I'm tired of waiting to see AJ.

Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    555 Post(s)
    Level
    @Sadie, looks like another 2 year wait for AJ. That pissed me off. Yeah, cool after credits scene... She should've been the main character in the whole thing. But she felt left out and a side-character and was used to sell Javiers' story (who didn't have the same charisma or character interest as say, Kenny or Luke). And I put WAY too much effort into rejecting Kate all though the game for her to fuck up and act like I've been leading her on the whole time (infront of David which triggered the 'I love you/fight back')... And the thing with Tripp/Ava dying 10 mins into the episode... This whole season was garbage imo.... Best character was Jesus...

Status
    Youre cooking the pan you fucking dick Sadie's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekki Dixon View Post
    @Sadie, looks like another 2 year wait for AJ. That pissed me off. Yeah, cool after credits scene... She should've been the main character in the whole thing. But she felt left out and a side-character and was used to sell Javiers' story (who didn't have the same charisma or character interest as say, Kenny or Luke). And I put WAY too much effort into rejecting Kate all though the game for her to fuck up and act like I've been leading her on the whole time (infront of David which triggered the 'I love you/fight back')... And the thing with Tripp/Ava dying 10 mins into the episode... This whole season was garbage imo.... Best character was Jesus...
    Agreed. I lost all interest after the shit we just saw. Unreal. A ridiculously long wait for a ridiculously short season that gave us nothing but garbage

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    The ESRB rating for the episode kind of slipped that there will be DLC, so the AJ thing will probably be resolved in the DLC and then bridging it for a Season 4.

http://www.thewalkingdead.com/tellta...ils-announced/
    "Future content in the season is yet to be rated."

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314