1. Back To Top    #171
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Level
    Hi there !
    it's been a few months...
    I'm just showing up to say hello to the Squad of the Last Courageous Believers !

Because, to be honest, I'm so bored with TWD right now that I don't have any interest left in what might happen.
    Since season 7, the show has taken a very bad turn, in my opinion. The story lines are getting lazy, boring and pompous.
    This show is becoming too narcissist, it's listening and watching to itself, turning in endless circles.

I'm bored to the point that I can't remember the name of half the characters in play... Isn't it very telling ?
    I really hate all the Sanctuary / Negan story line.
    Worse, now I'm losing interest in our main characters, even Daryl, Rick, Michonne, Maggie... because they've lost their heart, their spark, and the very core of what they were.... everything that was making them interesting to me.
    It's all about killing the "bad", and all about revenge.... and War Of Power of course.
    There is no real questions about survival. No real character development, and how people can work together, and adapt in this damn new world.
    This is just doom and gloom mulled over and over... and recycling Kirkman's old obsessions...

If I'm still watching, it's only by habit, but I'm using a lot the "fast forward" button. A pity. So, I guess I'm going to stop watching very soon. When the boredom wins (As I stopped watching FTWD).

Speaking of TD, I must admit that I've entirely given up.
    Now, I have to concede that Beth will never show up again :'(
    Everything, the context, and the story lines... nothing points to her survival.
    Nothing is done to remind Beth Greene to the viewer. She, and all the Grady Hospital story line has been erased of TWD... to be never mentioned again. Even Daryl seems to have entirely forgotten her. Not to mention Maggie.
    Yeah, Morales has returned... for a very short lived scene. That was almost ridiculous. This didn't gave me hope. On the contrary.

And now, even though Beth was about to come back, I would be very wary of the "how"... because, lately, the show is damaging everything. I would be afraid that her character might undergo a lame story line.
    So. I'd rather to keep her in my memory, strong, brillant and clever as she was... until Gimple and co fucked up big time.

Beth Greene deserved better.

xoxo to you all

2. Back To Top    #172
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm still not giving up, and I'm actually more hopeful than I have been in a long time. If what I think happens actually does, there is a door open for her to return. Not till the second half of the season though.

3. Back To Top    #173
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    I'm still not giving up, and I'm actually more hopeful than I have been in a long time. If what I think happens actually does, there is a door open for her to return. Not till the second half of the season though.

Tell us more about what you think will happen. I need some hope.

4. Back To Top    #174
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Level
    There is a spoiler
    Spoiler Spoiler:

But I have a question for you all too:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Were there any helicopters around Grady hospital? I know there were none flying, but were any parked on the ground?

5. Back To Top    #175
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    There is a spoiler
    Spoiler Spoiler:

But I have a question for you all too:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Were there any helicopters around Grady hospital? I know there were none flying, but were any parked on the ground?
    @shrike I don't get what the first spoiler has to do with hope for Beth returning. Perhaps you might elaborate on this a bit?

The second on though rings a bell but I'll have to think on it.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718