Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomis210 View Post
    I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the fanbase still finds him annoying.

And the eye thing is over. They decided to skip it. They'll never talk about it again unless Enid decides to eye-fuck him.
    If they were going to skip displaying the affects of him losing his eye, they should have never done it in the first place.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Level
    I've wondered if Carl's self-assessment to Michonne that he was "just another monster" is true, and if Negan calling him a future serial killer, was him seeing something dark in Carl?

In any case yes, he badly needs a haircut. At least get rid of the bangs and that shag!

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Level
    Ya'll leave Carl's hair alone!!

I think he's great! He never did anything that other kids don't do. They don't listen, they take things that don't belong to them, they think they're grown up long before they mature.

Carl has had to grow up fast in the past couple years and he's handled it IMO. He's been shot twice and lost his eye and from what they've shown us, he's forgiven anyone he thought or may have thought was responsible. I wish we would have seen that though.

What I expect to happen is some kind of defiance with Rick because Carl is an alpha male like his father. All boys go through that with their dads, at least mine did and most of the ones I know did as well. Carl is reaching that age now. You never lose the love, unless your dad is a drunk wife beater, but there will be a time when Carl goes out on his own and makes his own way.

Hopefully, he'll get some damn lines and a story this season, cripes man, Carl needs love too!!

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Level
    Carl is definitely one of the strongest on the show at this point. He barely reacted to Glenn's death..compared to the others at least. He even told Rick to cut his arm off..meanwhile most of the others would be crying like pussies

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Level
    I seem to be in the minority but I really liked the way CR played Carl during the finale and the premiere. Just my opinion, but I think the backlash roots a lot in the fact that we didn't get to see just how much the accident affected him. We didn't get to see his initial struggles. The first time he looked at himself in the mirror. Because of the stupid fucking time skip. I think Chandler is being asked to play a character that the audience didn't get to see key development on. I think the writers want us to see a child who has completely frozen over and may never be able to process feeling in a normal manner again.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Level

Good actions.
    Bad acting.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level
    Carl put down Shane, Carl put down his OWN mother so she wouldnt turn. He is growing up in a ZA where the rules of society have changed and are much different than anything the others are accustomed to. But him showing empathy/sympathy for Maggie at the end of 7.01 shows that he can still connect on that level to other human suffering. He is not a future serial killer. He just accepts the world as it is.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbrandy View Post
    Carl put down Shane, Carl put down his OWN mother so she wouldnt turn. He is growing up in a ZA where the rules of society have changed and are much different than anything the others are accustomed to. But him showing empathy/sympathy for Maggie at the end of 7.01 shows that he can still connect on that level to other human suffering. He is not a future serial killer. He just accepts the world as it is.
    I agree that Carl has had to grow up fast and become hard and had to live through horrible situations. I like how sympathetic he was with Maggie. I question why he didn't appear to have empathy for Abe and especially Glenn. Everyone was crying except him. Then after Negan brutally killed Glenn and Abe and called Carl out, he had a fuck you attitude towards him. I'm sorry, no matter how hard you've become or if you grew up in horror, you'd still be scared. Carl was ten when the ZA started, so he does know what a normal life is. He's still human and a kid and I don't think his reactions in the premier were realistic.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Level
    Adolescents often react differently to trauma than younger children or adults, they can internalise it far more and it can sit there undealt with, ready to blow. What they have been doing with Carl is quite interesting and I'm curious to see where they take the Negan storyline with regards to him. The time jump and the failure to deal with the loss of his eye was a huge mistake in my opinion, but perhaps that is something that can be worked in with his upcoming screentime. I agree that Chandler's acting has been a little patchy at times, but I've felt he's improved immeasurably. I think they could do some interesting work with the idea of Carl's current mental state and CR could handle it acting-wise .

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Level
    I think Carl's character is missing that Ben/Billy story arc from the comics that was given to Carol (Liizzie/Mika).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast