Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level

Carl Surprises Me

Ok, is it just me or is Carl incredibly brave and mature and awesome? I mean, he went from everyone finding him annoying to people (possibly and hopefully) loving his character. How do you feel now about him? I mean, in the season 6 finale it felt like he was almost a sidekick to his father, like Daryl 2.0. He's so grown up. Correct me if I'm wrong but he never even shed a tear. He stayed pretty much strong and more badass than Rick and the group. I don't see him having conflict with his dad any time soon.He and Rick seem to have a wonderful relationship. But, is it wrong to want to see that change, he should start displaying some reprecussions from the eye thing. I want drama, and the two having a great relationship just doesn't seem to enable one. I can already see him going out there, to avenge and save everybody, by himself. What do you make of this Carl? :)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Would You Kindly? hello-sweetie's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    This is the Carl I've been waiting for. I never found him all that annoying as a child but now he's got such steel in him. He accepts death, fights back against the jerks of the world, accepts what has to get done for the greater good, and a really interesting case for nature vs. nurture. Growing up as he has seems to have stripped away all the bullshit that the other characters were used to for the years and years before the ZA and as a result he's pragmatic, just, and above all a stone cold badass.

I love this Carl. I think a lot of the people who still don't like Carl are having trouble disassociating him from the annoying "STAY IN THE HOUSE, CARL" character everyone loved to hate years ago.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    All of us were expecting repercussions from losing his eye in the next episode, but the show glossed over that. If they were going to do that, Carl should have never lost his eye in the first place.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the fanbase still finds him annoying.

And the eye thing is over. They decided to skip it. They'll never talk about it again unless Enid decides to eye-fuck him.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Level
    I found it odd that he didn't cry during the Lucille beatings. All of the adults did and they have all been hardened by the ZA too. The defiant attitude towards Negan was also odd. Anyone, especially a kid would've been affected by what Negan did, I don't care how badass you are. Not realistic at all.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by deaddee View Post
    I found it odd that he didn't cry during the Lucille beatings. All of the adults did and they have all been hardened by the ZA too. The defiant attitude towards Negan was also odd. Anyone, especially a kid would've been affected by what Negan did, I don't care how badass you are. Not realistic at all.
    From a psyschological point of view, Carl's reaction is actually normal and very realistic. The adults reacted different because they were raised in a completely different environment, none of them had to go through what Carl has gone through. Carl is a child soldier and he's just acting like one.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Level
    Carl realizing that his hand had to be cut off for the safety and the likelihood of the group made me give a fist raise for Carl.

More balls than characters like Daryl.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Level
    Carl is one of the strongest people on the show. Because he's grown up in that world he's been hardened and is unafraid of anything that comes his way. In a normal world he'd probably be the future serial killer that Negan called him, but he's perfectly built to survive in the world the way it is now. Now if only he'd cut his damn hair!!

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    Carl is one of the strongest people on the show. Because he's grown up in that world he's been harden and is unafraid of anything that comes his way. In a normal world he'd probably be the future serial killer that Negan called him, but he's perfectly built to survive in the world the way it is now. Now if only he'd cut his damn hair!!
    Exactly! I don't think he could be a serial killer though, he lacks the most common traits of a potential serial killer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    Carl realizing that his hand had to be cut off for the safety and the likelihood of the group made me give a fist raise for Carl.

More balls than characters like Daryl.
    And more intelligent than characters like Beth.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I think he will turn his long girl hair into a badass mallet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast