• How Well-Written:

You cannot rate threads
            Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
            1. Back To Top    #11
              Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              But would Judith's death be called that surprising? Thought they wanted to come up with some stuff clearly different from the GN. And, baby reanimating, we have already seen that in Dawn of the Dead.

I have no idea what they could come up with... but I am really really scared that those never before seen and astonishing end of the season might be a huge dissapointment. Btw I'm still hurt by the end of LOST, that was also said to be great, and I in fact sat in front of the tv with my mouth agape, but more in a 'wtf how could they ruin my tv highlight of the past years within minutes' way.

Just saying, maybe they think their idea is the best one ever caught on film, just like Spielberg thought his dog police men dinosaurs would rule.

So I'm trying to keep calm and not to become too excited for the finale. So it can still be great, but also less dissapointing if it isn't ;)

› See More: Somthing that has never been done on tv before?

2. Back To Top    #12
              Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              Even though the kids have been zombie-kids, that head-shot on summer in the pilot was pretty brutal. Same with penny getting owned by Michonne. They haven't straight up killed a living kid, but Carl was shot and that wasn't exactly 'clean' - it was pretty Gorey. They showed the wound and taking the bullet fragments out and all that. I think if they wanted they could kill a living kid on screen, but that wouldn't really be making history. I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but has a baby been killed ON-SCREEN, without clever little tricks to dampen the effect? Like a straight up kill. That could be it. To be honest it's probably not even a death. I think it will be something completely different and unexpected.

3. Back To Top    #13
              Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              Just had another thought, but then again that doesn't fit the no cliffhanger thing at all.

What about an assault on the prison, everybody except Judith and let's say Herschel/Beth who hide inside the prison. Luckily everyone survives the attack and nobody is killed. Woodbury pulls back due to severe losses and running low on ammo, and leaves them, prison gang is shaking hands and hugging over some happy music. They go inside again to get Judith and her babysitter out and -bam- finds them both murdered, zombiefied Judith gnawing on some bones.

Yeah, just recognized, that wouldn't also fit the 'something never seen' idea. Just a thought.

4. Back To Top    #14
              Status

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              Quote Originally Posted by Kaemon View Post
              Even though the kids have been zombie-kids, that head-shot on summer in the pilot was pretty brutal. Same with penny getting owned by Michonne. They haven't straight up killed a living kid, but Carl was shot and that wasn't exactly 'clean' - it was pretty Gorey. They showed the wound and taking the bullet fragments out and all that. I think if they wanted they could kill a living kid on screen, but that wouldn't really be making history. I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but has a baby been killed ON-SCREEN, without clever little tricks to dampen the effect? Like a straight up kill. That could be it. To be honest it's probably not even a death. I think it will be something completely different and unexpected.
              Just the idea of an infant being killed with a head shot, especially if the father had to do it, would be shocking enough. Dawn of the Dead was a movie, not a TV series, and if I recall they never "show" the death.

As far as "clever tricks" they do need to be careful. I saw on one of the "behind the scenes" of TWD regarding the Sophia shot amd they said that they can't show the gun actually firing and a kid being shot in the same frame. They need to do "clever" splicing to get the effect without the actual shot. Still, I think the death of Judith (which we are all just spectualting) would be a very "mouth gaping" way to end the season,
              Spoiler Spoiler:

5. Back To Top    #15
              Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              Hi, first-time poster, long-time reader.

It might interest you to know that techinically at least one infant has been killed on TV in the past. It's not quite the same thing, but...way back on "Little House on the Prairie" there was an episode where there was a fire at the Blind school. One of the show's mothers was burned to death in it while she was trying to save a baby. The baby burned up, too. They showed her trying to break out of a top-floor window holding the baby as the flames engulfed her.

So, a baby did die violently on TV previously. Again, not quite the same thing, but it's close.

(Little House on the Prairie had some extremely violent and disturbing stuff on it for a 'family' show. That scene was one that stuck with me since since I first saw it, what, 30-35 years ago? Yikes).

Anyhow...

EDIT: The scene is on youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO969V5I1HE

It's not....nice, so be forewarned.

6. Back To Top    #16
              Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              Apologies if this appears twice, I think I deleted it the first time by accident...

First time poster, excellent forums thanks to all the mods and admins who take care of it and "bring the content".

There has been at least one infant killed on screen on TV before, though it's not exactly the same thing. Back in/around 1979-80, Little House on the Prairie ran an episode where the blind school burned down. A woman was trying to save an infant and became trapped by the flames. Her and the infant ended up burning to death...the scene showed hte woman trying to break the window open to escape before being engulfed in flames.

Here is the clip. Be forewarned, it isn't....nice.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO969V5I1HE

Little House was a very violent show at times, especially since it was considered a "Family" show. I know that clip stuck with me for a good 30+ eyars since I saw it originally.

Anyhow, like I said it isn't exactly the same thing, but in my mind, the violent death of an infant has already been done in that scene.

7. Back To Top    #17
              Status

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Blog Entries
              Level
              Killing Zombie children is a way around killing actual kids on TV sure. you can use it as an excuse but to a non zombie fan they will see it as the same thing as killing a real child.

I myself don't care because I'm heartless, but to some people it would be offensive either way.

I believe I saw in the making of pretty much dead already that they cant show someone kill a child on television so they had use camera angles to get away with it.

8. Back To Top    #18
              Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              Quote Originally Posted by 2pink View Post
              Hi correct me if im wrong but i heard that laurie holden said that something that has never happened on tv before wiil happen or something to that extent. Is that true and if so what do you all think it could be. For me i would have to say the death of judith. I hope not. But on my life i dont remember an infant character ever dying on a tv show.
              It was Lauren Cohen that said that. She said they were "making television history" and that something in the final eps was "visceral." I've always thought it might be Judith being killed. Zombified kids are one thing, but like you, I cannot think of any television show, ever, that has shown (or even had sound effects while action is off-screen) an infant being killed in a vicious manner. If someone knows of one, I would be interested to know. So I agree with the majority. Only Judith being killed onscreen would make tv history for me. I might throw up, but that certainly is "visceral."

9. Back To Top    #19
              Status

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              Something that has never happened on TV before = All of the main characters dying, and they mindfucked everyone into thinking they would survive to the finale.

10. Back To Top    #20
              Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              TWD missed a chance at a great scene (imo) when they had the shot of Daryl and (was it?) Carol scavenging the daycare center. The only creature they saw was the raccoon. Imagine if they had pulled up to the sight of a little zombie boy holding a partially deflated ball...boy drops the ball as another gets off of a swingset...Daryl swallows hard, and goes about the business of clearing them...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for

spoilthedead

twd clear never been done

the walking dead never been done in history

lauren cohen television history

never been done on tv

What are things that have not been done before on tv

tv shows that have been done