Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coral's Actions

1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level
    Coral needs a little bit of a makeover. I mean I would love it if Negan finally took his patch off (which I am sure will happen eventually unless Nicotero and/or the CGI team don't want to be bothered). BTW, I actually thought that Dwight's make-up looked a touch better this week. I don't mind Coral's long hair. Fuck, I think I had trashy hair like that for a year or so around that age BUT eventually found a more stylish way about it. If he wants to be a tough man, going to have to look the part... Cannot wait for this to possibly happen (just keep taking those acting lessons and it'll be aight).

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1171 Post(s)
    Level
    What kind of punishment could Rick mete out to Carl that would really impose a sacrifice or result in an epiphany that Carl hasn't already experienced?

A "what were you thinking you dumb piece of shit" should suffice.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Level
    Carl is an impulsive kid who never seems to learn a lesson.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Jaywalking Loiterer Shane's Addiction's Avatar

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Level
    Carl is a teenaged boy with more hormones than thought capacity right now. I don't think what he did was out of character at all. He's pissed. They're all pissed. But pissed off teenagers are on a level all their own. That said, I think it was careless but not necessarily all out stupid. Making mistakes is how we learn.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    What kind of punishment could Rick mete out to Carl that would really impose a sacrifice or result in an epiphany that Carl hasn't already experienced?

A "what were you thinking you dumb piece of shit" should suffice.
    It's not even really about making Coral suffer. It's more for The Alexandrians. You can't have your kid get away with everything just because he's your kid. Just publicly say he's being punished and won't be leaving the house any time soon. Rick knows Coral's heart was in the right place but he still did lose all of their guns and almost got Olivia killed. If it was anyone else they would have been exiled, had their ass beat, thrown in jail or just treated like a ghost. Spencer should be punished too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane's Addiction View Post
    Carl is a teenaged boy with more hormones than thought capacity right now. I don't think what he did was out of character at all. He's pissed. They're all pissed. But pissed off teenagers are on a level all their own. That said, I think it was careless but not necessarily all out stupid. Making mistakes is how we learn.
    I'm not saying to write Coral off or to kill him. lol.

Just punish him.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm not giving Carl a pass because he's a teenager. He put himself and others in danger by his petulant stance. We've seen Negan kill Glenn because Daryl challenged him. Rick should have reprimanded Carl and we should have seen it. Carl's tough and I am glad that he will do something in the next episode to show that he isn't as beat down as Rick.
    Rick feels the weight of Abraham and Glenn's death. Carl apparently didn't learn any lessons in the lineup but Rick did. Rick's impulsive move to mow down the Saviors without any intel was a mistake. Allowing Carl to jeopardize the town's fragile safety by being openly defiant was another one.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1171 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    It's not even really about making Coral suffer. It's more for The Alexandrians. You can't have your kid get away with everything just because he's your kid. Just publicly say he's being punished and won't be leaving the house any time soon. Rick knows Coral's heart was in the right place but he still did lose all of their guns and almost got Olivia killed. If it was anyone else they would have been exiled, had their ass beat, thrown in jail or just treated like a ghost. Spencer should be punished too.

I'm not saying to write Coral off or to kill him. lol.

Just punish him.
    I hear you. People have been known to kill their own for falling asleep on watch. When your own actions endanger the lives of many, it's not unreasonable to expect some sort of cut and dried action to be taken in response. Negan would certainly have done something had it been one of his who had done something like that.

Rick's group hasn't shown that sort of attitude toward discipline and enforcing rules. It's gotten them in trouble before, but which of them would still be alive or part of the group if strict rules existed and were enforced?

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    They probably woul have taken their guns any way. Like Negan said: "That shit is life and death" I don't think he would fail to bring them with him lol
    Carl might have cost them their guns but Daryl cost them Glenn. Maybe Carl is Daryl's son? :D
    I like what he did. He has to be rebelious and act like a teenager sometimes right? He's been pretty cool with everything. I guess this is his storyline slowly emerging through these actions. I like this raw baldness of his. These guys are all a bunch of adults. It's nice seeing someone young and somewhat inexperienced and suggestible and with such potential. Honestly, I don't see Negan developing the kind of liking he has to Carl with eveyone. Sure, Daryl got some of it but the real deal is always Carl's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12