Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ezekcarol

1. Back To Top    #31
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    I like Ezekcarol and think that TPTB have done an unusually good job of setting it up. Khary Payton has been phenomenal in making an impossible character almost work and MMB is always great.

IMO both characters were in rough shape last season and have been helping each other to recover, one turning point being when Ezekiel sacrificed himself to enable his people to escape and Carol recognized his heroism. Ezekiel would surely have been murdered by Negan but for Morgan and Carol. The sad thing is that this relationship probably indicates that Ezekiel is toast.

It’s been a long time since Carol and Daryl’s relationship seemed like anything but one of the deepest and most profound friendships on TWD, which is what we saw in the preview IMO. That could change easily enough. My thought is that TPTB are possibly saving Caryl for a last ditch ratings grab when TWD is nearing rock bottom. Ezekcarol may be a delaying tactic as much as plot/character development. So Carylers, don’t despair yet. It wouldn't surprise me to see Daryl and Carol, along with the kids, be the last ones standing at the end.

2. Back To Top    #32
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Level
    Lord! I dont know if pics of Carol and Ezekiel for season 9 are posted somewhere else on this site but I just got a glimpse of the couple and while Ezekiel is looking unchaged, Carol, in comparison. looks shockingly different and not in a good way....long gray hair does not suit her amp'ed u "rambo Carol" narrative at all!!! She is so domesticated .but on the bright side, she looks content sitting next to the king.

3. Back To Top    #33
    Status
    Occasional Proud Apologist Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1208 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by beethedead View Post
    Lord! I dont know if pics of Carol and Ezekiel for season 9 are posted somewhere else on this site but I just got a glimpse of the couple and while Ezekiel is looking unchaged, Carol, in comparison. looks shockingly different and not in a good way....long gray hair does not suit her amp'ed u "rambo Carol" narrative at all!!! She is so domesticated .but on the bright side, she looks content sitting next to the king.
    I just posted the photo over in the general spoiler rant and rave thread. It popped up on my Facebook, and I hadn't seen it here.

4. Back To Top    #34
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    I just posted the photo over in the general spoiler rant and rave thread. It popped up on my Facebook, and I hadn't seen it here.
    I just posted the filming pics. Had a lot of stuff to go through today with there being so many stalkers so it took a long time - but that's good for us. There are other pics of Ezekiel and Carol there - the last one is the best I think. The hair looks a lot better in it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

5. Back To Top    #35
    Status
    Occasional Proud Apologist Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1208 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
    I just posted the filming pics. Had a lot of stuff to go through today with there being so many stalkers so it took a long time - but that's good for us. There are other pics of Ezekiel and Carol there - the last one is the best I think. The hair looks a lot better in it.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

6. Back To Top    #36
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Spoiler Spoiler:

7. Back To Top    #37
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Level
    Not sure what I should mark as spoiler and what not so I'm just going to put all my post in it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

8. Back To Top    #38
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nareen View Post
    The sad thing is that this relationship probably indicates that Ezekiel is toast.
    I honestly doubt that. Knowing what we know about next season... they'll going to NEED any major character they can get like air, especially a man, to help carry the show. And from the spoilers it seems like they're definitely working to put him higher and higher in the show's hierarchy. He's their best shot for a next male leading character and I think they know they have to use it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

9. Back To Top    #39
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Misza View Post
    I honestly doubt that. Knowing what we know about next season... they'll going to NEED any major character they can get like air, especially a man, to help carry the show. And from the spoilers it seems like they're definitely working to put him higher and higher in the show's hierarchy. He's their best shot for a next male leading character and I think they know they have to use it.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Good points and I hope you're right. I like Ezekiel, despite the annoying bombast. He's one of the few post S3 characters that I'd miss. Maybe the writers won't jump on the opportunity to make Carol miserable.

I also agree that this is pretty well the only ship besides Glenn and Maggie that was done well. I don't ship until it's canon but it's been obvious from the beginning that Carol and Ezekiel could go there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.