Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #451
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekki Dixon View Post
    That's quite a bit of work! It turned out really well! MEssing with gradients and masks can be a pain at times. And oh yeah, DeviantArt's brushes, omg!! There's 100's to choose from!! I've got so many from it too.

Here's a site that also has many font options too: (http://www.dafont.com/) and installing them is like 4 clicks. It's nice for a wee browse too.

The jitter.......jitters lines. Like if it's strait it makes the lines looks more scattered. I don't recall ever using it though.

https://docs.gimp.org/en/images/tool-options/jitter.png
    Thanks! I wasn't seeing any difference because I wasn't changing the amount of jitter enough. I tried it at different strengths with various brushes and get some cool effects (cool by my standards, at least, lol). It sort of sprays the brush effect all over the canvas.

These freebie online graphic editors are wonderful, especially for someone like me who can't draw worth crap. Learning to draw is #1 on my bucket list.

You know how it goes. As a child, you can't draw so get lousy grades in art class. You attempt to draw something and nobody can figure out what it is. You conclude you have no artistic talent and give up. But there's all sorts of different types of creativity and these editors provide a creative outlet for people who haven't developed (or didn't believe they could) conventional artistic talent. I'm having a blast trying different things.

2. Back To Top    #452
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    619 Post(s)
    Level
    Last night was the perfect night for the Metallica concert. The weather was absolutely perfect (finally!) for an outdoor concert.

3. Back To Top    #453
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonia View Post
    Last night was the perfect night for the Metallica concert. The weather was absolutely perfect (finally!) for an outdoor concert.

So happy to hear you had great weather and a good time! Any more concerts on the schedule for this summer?

4. Back To Top    #454
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    619 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ninakins View Post
    So happy to hear you had great weather and a good time! Any more concerts on the schedule for this summer?
    Well, the summer festival is ending tonight with Muse. But I didn't buy festival passes because I don't like those big outdoor concerts. I made an exception for Metallica because my friend had won entries to the VIP section, otherwise, I wouldn't have gone. it's too damn crazy. There was around 100,000 people Friday night. You should have seen the line-up before they opened the gates at 5:30. Although I might buy a pass next year and rent it for a few nights. People do that. The passes this year were only $85 during the presale. $85 for 11 days of concerts! A dozen shows every day on different stages, big a small. Six artists every night on the two main stages. A ton of up and coming artists and Canadian artist. One big international name every night. This year, we had Pink, Melissa Etheridge, Kendrick Lamar, Backstreet Boys, Nick Jonas, Lady Antebellum, Fetty Wap, DNCE, The Who, Muse, Gorillaz and Metallica, to name a few. So you can imagine that all these artists for $85 is a damn good deal.

5. Back To Top    #455
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Level
    Well, the summer festival is ending tonight with Muse. But I didn't buy festival passes because I don't like those big outdoor concerts. I made an exception for Metallica because my friend had won entries to the VIP section, otherwise, I wouldn't have gone. it's too damn crazy. There was around 100,000 people Friday night. You should have seen the line-up before they opened the gates at 5:30. Although I might buy a pass next year and rent it for a few nights. People do that. The passes this year were only $85 during the presale. $85 for 11 days of concerts! A dozen shows every day on different stages, big a small. Six artists every night on the two main stages. A ton of up and coming artists and Canadian artist. One big international name every night. This year, we had Pink, Melissa Etheridge, Kendrick Lamar, Backstreet Boys, Nick Jonas, Lady Antebellum, Fetty Wap, DNCE, The Who, Muse, Gorillaz and Metallica, to name a few. So you can imagine that all these artists for $85 is a damn good deal.
    Sounds like a very, very good deal. What's the name of this festival?

6. Back To Top    #456
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    619 Post(s)
    Level
    That's a picture of Metallica's 2011 concert (during the same summer festival). There was 112,000 people that year. Yikes! Friday night, the general admission line-up was starting where I started the red line with an x and then it when down the road, did a loop and came back up. It was insane. Good thing that it was not the line-up for the VIP section. We did not wait at all. And see the little red circle? I was around there Friday night. We were about 25 feet from the big left screen, so that was good. The VIP section did not had seats like I thought, but at least it was not crowed like in general admission, so we could breathe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anibas View Post
    Sounds like a very, very good deal. What's the name of this festival?
    Festival d'été de Québec (Quebec City Summer Festival)

7. Back To Top    #457
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Level
    That's a picture of Metallica's 2011 concert (during the same summer festival). There was 112,000 people that year. Yikes! Friday night, the general admission line-up was starting where I started the red line with an x and then it when down the road, did a loop and came back up. It was insane. Good thing that it was not the line-up for the VIP section. We did not wait at all. And see the little red circle? I was around there Friday night. We were about 25 feet from the big left screen, so that was good. The VIP section did not had seats like I thought, but at least it was not crowed like in general admission, so we could breathe.

http://i65.tinypic.com/r03z7l.png

- - - Updated - - -

Festival d'été de Québec (Quebec City Summer Festival)
    Wow, looks impressive! And 12.000 people is one-sixth of the population in my city. As for the VIP ticket, for me that waiting is the most exhausting when I go to a concert. Not having to wait is a good thing.

8. Back To Top    #458
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Level
    That is so exciting, Sonia. That line-up is amazing and the pass would be totally a bargain.

9. Back To Top    #459
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    619 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ninakins View Post
    That is so exciting, Sonia. That line-up is amazing and the pass would be totally a bargain.
    I don't know what's the point of being all the way in the back. At least, there are big screens mid way, but still, if you're all the way in the back, you don't see much.

10. Back To Top    #460
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't know what's the point of being all the way in the back. At least, there are big screens mid way, but still, if you're all the way in the back, you don't see much.
    True. There is something about the energy and excitement of a live crowd though. You can't capture that watching on a monitor or TV screen at home. No concert plans for me this summer. It's an unusually busy summer this year.

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast