Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    No way in hell - there is so much that still has to happen before all out war even starts - it will probably start sometime in S8

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdead View Post
    No way in hell - there is so much that still has to happen before all out war even starts - it will probably start sometime in S8
    Not really. They have actually already covered a lot of the buildup to AOW and have even shifted some events around that occurred in AOW - i.e. Maggie punching Gregory and Eugene being captured. Here's an outline of how these events played out in the comic.

Spoiler Spoiler:

This is the same outline with the events already covered in the show - whether they were cut, remixed, or directly adapted - marked out. I included the episodes and notations on what was cut or remixed because I wanted to show how easy it would be to adapt these events in 4-5 episodes. Each of the points in the outline would be one scene or small parts of scenes in the show.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Something to Fear is done. There are a couple of things left for What Comes After, but I think that will be essentially wrapped up in 7x09 with Daryl and Carl revealing what they learned about Negan and the sanctuary in general. It also appears that they have chosen not to include Dwight turning against Negan and helping Rick's group from the inside. It is possible that they have remixed that so it will happen later, but I do not expect to see Dwight randomly showing up at the Kingdom like he did in the comic so I would consider those scenes cut from the show regardless. So those 2 volumes of the comic have already been adapted for the show.

March to War is almost done. And considering what we know about filming, I expect that to be completed in 7B with some remixing. There isn't much left there - maybe a couple of episodes worth of comic material with the original material they're adding to it. That leaves the 2 volumes for AOW - both of which could easily be adapted into 4-5 episodes because there's not a lot to AOW. The attack on the sanctuary, attacks on the outposts, Negan retaliating with the grenade attack, and the final battle at Hilltop. I don't think they will do all of that in 7B - again considering the original material - but it is certainly feasible for them to do so because there's just not a lot of material there to work with. They'll have to add a lot more original material to drag AOW out beyond 7B.

Technically, AOW has already started with Rick realizing they have to fight in 7x08. It appears they chose to remix the second lineup by having Rosita try to shoot Negan in retaliation for Spencer being killed and Negan ordering Arat to kill Olivia. Other remixes revealed by filming spoilers indicate March to War will definitely be completed and at least parts of AOW will occur in 7B. At this point, I'm thinking the finale will be a remix of the grenade attack with Negan retaliating after Sasha and Rosita try to rescue Eugene from the sanctuary - I think they are going to try to attack the sanctuary with walkers as part of that rescue attempt. That would leave the major battle concluding AOW to be wrapped up in 8A - likely within the first 3-4 episodes considering how Gimple has handled things like this in other seasons.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level
    The more promotion I see for 7B the more I actually think AOW will mostly be covered in this half. AMC has been hinting at it in almost every single article.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I concur.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1174 Post(s)
    Level
    @meesha1971 - it's good to see you back. You've been missed.

What great work you did in post #22! I haven't and probably will never read the comics, so I appreciate your making the lists and comparisons.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    @meesha1971 - it's good to see you back. You've been missed.

What great work you did in post #22! I haven't and probably will never read the comics, so I appreciate your making the lists and comparisons.
    Thanks. I've had some real life issues taking up a lot of my time so it's great to finally have some time to myself again. lol

I stopped reading the comic after they introduced the governor so I usually keep up with that story through the summaries on the TWD Wiki. Whoever does the summaries there is pretty thorough so the list ended up being more detailed than I expected. lol Still, when you break it down that way and consider how each bullet point would fit as a scene or part of a scene, it helps to see how it could be adapted. Especially when you compare that to the filming spoilers and other information we have.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    i was kinda surprised they started all out war all ready figure they would keep the story of rick being a pussy for bit but i can not see them getting negen in 8 ep. just cant

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Ever since Season 2, this show has been dragging on.

Notice the trend?

The walkers in Season 1 were very fast and energetic. But ever since the walker's walking speed decreased so did the show.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123