If you've been keeping up with the spoilers, we've basically got the layout for the rest of S7. It's been a rough one, and I assume it's going to be a rough one into the 2nd half.
I've been doing some thinking. I believe 8A is going to be All Out War.
8 A - There will be war, war, and more war. Plenty of filler two, I'm thinkin' we can expect:
- Rick and the others composing themselves and preparing for another attack/onslaught.
- Oceanside Drama. This will be original, probably involve Tara and the others saving Oceanside from the Saviors as a debt Tara owes.
- Ezekiel War Story Flashback episode: Ezekiel explaining his great losses in a bedtime story to Carol.
- Eugene rallying members of The Sanctuary in a coup against Negan.
- Negan's grenade attack on Alexandria. The fates of plenty characters will be left up in the air while we get:
- TWO EPISODES OF NEGAN BACKSTORY. It'll explore why Negan is the way he is before the final attack on The Hilltop.
- Final attack on The Hilltop: I'm not sure if they're going to Cliffhanger the Negan neck slash or not. I wouldn't be surprised if they did. But there would be a bunch of filler, talking before Negan makes his final attack. People die, shit happens. Morgan dies. Rick walks out to Negan to try to end things. Rick slashes Negan's neck. END 8A. OR The midseason finale ends with Rick imprisoning Negan. One or two.
8 B - A New Beginning and LOTSA filler + Introduction of The Whisperers
- If All Out War, the final attack doesn't end in 8A, it'll end in 8B with Rick deciding to imprison Negan.
- Fast forward. Time jump. We're introduced to Magna and her crew. One of her peeps die. We see Jesus. They're lead to Alexandria where they're given the ropes similar to how we're introduced to the new alexandria. We catch up with Rick, Carl, Michonne, and an older Judith. Elsewhere two Alexandrian redshirts are herding zombies and you see some shadowing whispering figures in the distance.
- Drama Drama Drama. We catch up with Maggie, and all the other communities of importance. We learn that Carol is gone yet again.
- Carl moves to Hilltop, blah ze blah. Read the comic you'll get caught up.
- Whisperer stuff starts brewin' up. But not before Rick goes to visit Carol at Oceanside.
- We get a Carol bottle episode of where she was. Told by Carol to Rick and Daryl. Rick finds out about Lizzie and Mika and her thoughts about Sophia/everything.
- We get sanctuary updates with Dwight and his headspace.
There's a whisper related cliffhanger but I don't think it'll be the heads/pikes. It'll be something...less. Idk. We'll see.
But yeah how do you guys think S8 will be structured?
Season 8 has to be about All Out War.....but the Whisperers should not drop until episode 8:16, by then the shock value will be at maximum
8B should be about Negan's imprisonment. 8A should be about the difficulty of obtaining and retaining loyal groups, 8B about Rick basically in Negan's position (that he says in 'Say Yes' he doesn't want to be in, and the various needs and interactions of all those groups. This will make for better screenplay than it sounds, because of the unpredictability. Assuming you make those groups unique.
Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.