1. Back To Top    #351
    Status
    Nathan Fillion For Nathan Drake Bekki's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestar1 View Post
    Love Consumed maybe in season 9 we will get consumed 2.0.

As @ninakins mentioned spoilers are hard to get this season because sources are disappearing and interest in the show is fading.

The only spoiler/ rumor for the final is
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I hope we do get something in the final, but the show could be thinking that the stuff between Rick and Negan is the only think fans and the GA care about.
    At least the Morgan stuff is out of the way now... Finally! This is a moment I've been waiting for since 6.1. And I honestly don't care about her going to Kingdom; that can be resolved in 1/2 an episode. It seems a good thing she can go there and heal now. Though the time line's screwed, but hasn't it been like a 2 weeks since 7.9?

2. Back To Top    #352
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchCaryl View Post
    If Daryl teams UP with Maggie and Jesus he will probably stay in Hilltop and Carol's going to return with the Kingdom for S9 so if they're not in the same community...
    I hear you! Things do feel a little hopeless right now, but honestly, it can be changed with a stroke of a pen. Or in this case, they type of a key?? Haha. But yeah, Gimple thought he was going for closure, but then he was removed from show runner so that tells me that AMC DOES want some kind of change. And honestly it is fixable. Kind of. The problem is that there are A LOT of people watching right now for Negan. So I think Gimple buried this pretty deep in the ground, but I do think that things can change.

For example, AK could make Daryl try to join with Maggie and Jesus, and make visits to the Kingdom, and then Carol eventually reminds him that he can grow from wanting revenge all the time. Or he could remind her who her family is and bring her back with him to Hilltop. I don't know. That's me probably being a little naively hopeful, but I honestly can't help it with these two. I'll ship them until one of them dies and that's just that.

3. Back To Top    #353
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    Hanna Dixon : i will also Ship them till the end but i'm done watching the show for now. You're not naively hopeful it's just that you love that Ship so much and it hurts in One way. I was being dumb na´ve this Season and sometimes i really believed and i thought to this damn promoting pictures. The truth (for me) is they play with our fandom coz they know WE 're so much into them that we're going to watch till it Comes... But they have no intention in giving us our Ship.

And this new arc ( i just watched the Úpisode by the way ans IS not so Bad actually) Daryl and co want them to pay, not only Negan but Richonne... Carol would never follow. She could perhaps as you said... But this Season i imagined so much possibilities to finally have none.
    And i can't keep going again and again when there IS nothing to watch at all.
    It's a lack of respect toward the fandom they highly contributed to create and that's deeply Wrong.
    We don't need to be resilient as a caryler said but respected. We Care and We count.
    That's why i'm talking about Chris Carter and X Files. They never underestimated the Fandom, there was a lot of heartbreaking scene all Seasons and they finally gave us all we could have imagined through fanfictions. 😘
    I will follow the news from Time to Time to see if finally it's happening but till then i'm done.

4. Back To Top    #354
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Level
    I can understand some disappointment but expecting Caryl interaction in the finale wasn't realistic, IMO. Gimple has had a laser focus on telling his All Out War story and he has only emphasized the stories that directly tie into that event.

The problem with watching a show where only one aspect of it interests you is that you're more likely to be disappointed than not. To date, the show has interested me enough to watch it without a canon Caryl and only occasional interaction between them. But that's becoming more difficult because the show has really tanked in quality, especially in the latter part of this season. But there's a reason Gimple was replaced as showrunner. Kang does appear to be interested in returning to a time where character relationships and interactions matter. She runs the show starting now. So I'm willing to give her chance on both the Caryl front and the repairing/improving the quality of the show front.

I agree with @Bekki Dixon that story arcs can be resolved quickly in 1/2 an episode. Nothing we watched last night suggests anything we saw, or didn't see, is permanent in nature.

5. Back To Top    #355
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ninakins View Post
    I can understand some disappointment but expecting Caryl interaction in the finale wasn't realistic, IMO. Gimple has had a laser focus on telling his All Out War story and he has only emphasized the stories that directly tie into that event.

The problem with watching a show where only one aspect of it interests you is that you're more likely to be disappointed than not. To date, the show has interested me enough to watch it without a canon Caryl and only occasional interaction between them. But that's becoming more difficult because the show has really tanked in quality, especially in the latter part of this season. But there's a reason Gimple was replaced as showrunner. Kang does appear to be interested in returning to a time where character relationships and interactions matter. She runs the show starting now. So I'm willing to give her chance on both the Caryl front and the repairing/improving the quality of the show front.

I agree with @Bekki Dixon that story arcs can be resolved quickly in 1/2 an episode. Nothing we watched last night suggests anything we saw, or didn't see, is permanent in nature.
    Exactly! I honestly never expected anything Caryl this season past the little bit we got when they reunited at Hilltop, maybe hoped but I wasn't really surprised. Aside from a little Richonne, there was practically no romance this season.

Caryl is one of the big reasons I love this show but it's not the only reason. I love all these characters which is why I'm so pissed at Gimple for taking things where he did. I'm willing to give AK a chance. She's written good Caryl moments before and she wrote the Same boat, an awesome ep overall, and the season 7 finale, just to name a few.

I'm still in, and yes, things can get resolved within a few eps. I'm still here floating on! And it'll be nice to get filming spoilers again.

6. Back To Top    #356
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Level
    First day of filming of season 9.
    Hopefully we will get something on the Caryl front during the filming of this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchCaryl View Post
    If Daryl teams UP with Maggie and Jesus he will probably stay in Hilltop and Carol's going to return with the Kingdom for S9 so if they're not in the same community...
    I think that stuff in the final with Maggie and Daryl being painted as villains versus saint Richonne won't actually mount to much on the screen. It's has the whole feeling of Morgan v Rick trollfest the show did during season 6.

SG wrote and GN directed the scenes in way that would create some buzz with fans,because I think they wanted the talk to move away from Negan and onto to something else. And it worked because fans were hating on Maggie and Daryl even though they are right on their views on Negan. And not really discussing the fact that Negan was alive and in prison the talk became about Richonne V Maggie/ Daryl

7. Back To Top    #357
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestar1 View Post
    First day of filming of season 9.
    Hopefully we will get something on the Caryl front during the filming of this episode.

I think that stuff in the final with Maggie and Daryl being painted as villains versus saint Richonne won't actually mount to much on the screen. It's has the whole feeling of Morgan v Rick trollfest the show did during season 6.

SG wrote and GN directed the scenes in way that would create some buzz with fans,because I think they wanted the talk to move away from Negan and onto to something else. And it worked because fans were hating on Maggie and Daryl even though they are right on their views on Negan. And not really discussing the fact that Negan was alive and in prison the talk became about Richonne V Maggie/ Daryl
    I agree. I think the Maggie/Jesus/Daryl villain triad vs. Richonne will amount to much to do about nothing. It's just an angle to keep viewers talking during the hiatus, I think. On the show, it will likely be over before it really starts to gain steam.

8. Back To Top    #358
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ninakins View Post
    I agree. I think the Maggie/Jesus/Daryl villain triad vs. Richonne will amount to much to do about nothing. It's just an angle to keep viewers talking during the hiatus, I think. On the show, it will likely be over before it really starts to gain steam.
    With the show doing a
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    I think themselves have already spoiled it won't mount to much.

9. Back To Top    #359
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Level
    One half of our ship is celebrating her birthday today! Happy Birthday Melissa!

10. Back To Top    #360
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Level
    Norman posted this

and commented when a fan said he got the date wrong.

And he liked this.

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast