Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ninakins View Post
    That's the one - great song, great singer - thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

What did you think about Daryl withholding the information about Glenn and Abe from Carol? He was obviously trying to protect her. Do you think he did the right thing?
    Yes

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Level
    Norman liked this.

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestar1 View Post
    The little Negan in the background is a nice touch.

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Level
    This is a really thoughtful analysis, @anibas. And I agree that this really posed a dilemma for Daryl. He put his own wants and needs aside and did what he felt was best for Carol. I hadn't really thought about the angle that, in realizing something was wrong (from Daryl) and deciding at what point she wanted to know the truth (from Morgan), she was the one deciding for herself what she needed and when.

Maturity is about placing your own needs aside at times and doing what is best for those you love. I enjoyed watching Daryl make these mature decisions, something he doesn't always do. Choosing not to burden Carol with what had happened to him when he saw she was struggling? I just loved that. When it comes to Carol, he seems to park his impulsive ways somewhere else and man up. This is the Daryl I fell in love with, not the constantly impulsive mired in manpain Daryl. I wish they would develop more of this quality in Daryl in his interactions with others.
    I don't like the fact, that he hasn't spoke with anybody about what happened to him. I hate it when they let him dealing with things like that on his own. But I also liked he didn't tell her, it was a selfless act and the more I'm thinking about it, I like it. He puts his own pain and needs beside and this is not only what maturity is about, this is also what love is all about. And it's not only the view of a shipper like I use to be, it's what was shown on screen and there was love.

I think I fell in love with their love. Seeing him behaving like this kind of angry boy at the beginning and developping to this kind of mature men he finally is was really beautiful. I love to see when he cares, because there was a time he was too scared and he really tried not to give a damn shit about everything. Sometimes he's full of anger and pain and that's fine, it's a significant part of him. But step by step he's learning how to deal with it. There are scenes we can see him becoming more carefully, approaching, opening, doing selfless things for others. I think he's still the same as he was when they found each other, but sometimes you need someone who helps you bringing the best out of yourself.

Oh my...I really need some Caryl power in S8.

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by anibas View Post
    And there are a lot of small gestures...I think this is one of the reasons why I love them. It's not the typical romance, it's more subtle and careful
    Daryl reminds me of my husband, not temper wise, because my husband is very laid back and not prone to outbursts of anger. He shows his love by always making sure the car is gassed up, is a good provider, is faithful, is there for me in my happy times as well as my sad times! Daryl shows his love by actions, and is not so comfortable with verbal declarations, just like my husband. My husband and I have been married almost 37 years, and I wouldn't trade him for anybody!

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisyboo1980 View Post
    Daryl reminds me of my husband, not temper wise, because my husband is very laid back and not prone to outbursts of anger. He shows his love by always making sure the car is gassed up, is a good provider, is faithful, is there for me in my happy times as well as my sad times! Daryl shows his love by actions, and is not so comfortable with verbal declarations, just like my husband. My husband and I have been married almost 37 years, and I wouldn't trade him for anybody!
    Awww ...

Seriously though, I was reading this thinking "he's a keeper" then got to the "37 years" part. It appears you've been keeping him around for a looooong time!

Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Level
    @Daisyboo1980 - Wow you are one lucky lady! Can't blame you one bit for holding on to your great husband

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisyboo1980 View Post
    You're giving me all kinds of feels. That's beautiful.

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonia View Post
    You're giving me all kinds of feels. That's beautiful.
    I really am blessed! We get closer and closer as the years go by! He is more open as well as more affectionate now. Just recently he told me that when he was growing up his family never said that they loved each other. His mom and dad were not in the habit of hugging the kids or each other. They loved each other, but it wasn't until the kids were teenagers that they started to show physical affection. It really helped me understand him a lot better! @Sonia, I could really picture Daryl becoming more comfortable with loving touches from Carol, and eventually he will allow himself to feel desire and passion for her! Here's to season 8 having Caryl become canon!!!!!!

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Level

I found this pic and it just screams out for a meme, but I can't think of one.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567