Status
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Level

Mistake in Negan's Monologue

So.......This may be stupid or insignificant to most people, but it really bothers me any time I watch the scene. I am a big spelling and grammar freak, so I couldn't help but notice that Negan screwed up his line while giving his monologue in the s6 finale.
    When he was blabbing to Rick he said, "even if you're stupid, which you VERY MAY WELL be....." He was supposed to say very well may be, and he said it correctly on the uncensored version. He's calling someone stupid and then proceeds to make no sense.
    LoL. Like I said, most people probably don't care or didn't notice, but it's a pet peeve of mine and it bothered me. For what is supposed to be such an "iconic scene", I would expect someone to catch that while editing. I dunno...I'm a weirdo.

Status
    I Will Profane Your Fucking Remains John Dixon's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm surprised our "resident grammar Nazi" @AdamUpBxtch didn't catch this, lol.

Just another stupid mistake from the stupid people who bring us this show. Minor technicalities can't be bothered with anymore because this show is so fantastic that The Gimp and his peeps think they're above all that shit now.

Honestly I was too busy noticing all the major flaws with the finale to even catch this one.

Status
    THE RESIDENT GRAMMAR NAZI AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs
    Gamertag: ARP195 Steam ID: Adam_Up_Bxtch
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieLee84 View Post
    When he was blabbing to Rick he said, "even if you're stupid, which you VERY MAY WELL be....." He was supposed to say very well may be.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
    I'm surprised our "resident grammar Nazi" @AdamUpBxtch didn't catch this, lol.

Honestly, I was so pissed by the finale itself that I didn't even notice. THAT'S how pissed I was.

Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Level
    I doubt very much grammar, parts of speech, agreement of subject and verb, adjectives, adverbs, etc., are even mentioned anymore. Anywhere. Least of all at school.

Status
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronx Cheer View Post
    I doubt very much grammar, parts of speech, agreement of subject and verb, adjectives, adverbs, etc., are even mentioned anymore. Anywhere. Least of all at school.
    Yeah, that's sad. I know this sounds shallow, but when I am texting with someone I'm dating they lose MAJOR points if they have shitty spelling and grammar. I don't mean the "hard" stuff either.... I'm talking using the wrong forms of basic words and simple words that everyone should know how to spell. I guess it's not really all their fault....but I can't help it. It makes me cringe and turns me off. Perhaps I'm just a bitch.....lol.

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Hence the reason I like Simon better than Negan. Simon just has to give you a look and you are shaking in your shoes. No obnoxious monologues necessary.

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ENIDORDINE View Post
    Hence the reason I like Simon better than Negan. Simon just has to give you a look and you are shaking in your shoes. No obnoxious monologues necessary.
    Truth. Negan's monologues have me rolling my eyes, crap grammar and all. Not the biggest fan of the Saviors, but if I have to choose the superior antagonist, it's Simon all the way.

Regardless, I'm torn between being surprised and not being surprised on this one. You'd think someone would've caught that during editing, but there's been a lot of weird mistakes these past few seasons that make me think they just don't give a damn anymore when it comes to things like this. I didn't notice this when I was watching, though.

Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieLee84 View Post
    Yeah, that's sad. I know this sounds shallow, but when I am texting with someone I'm dating they lose MAJOR points if they have shitty spelling and grammar. I don't mean the "hard" stuff either.... I'm talking using the wrong forms of basic words and simple words that everyone should know how to spell. I guess it's not really all their fault....but I can't help it. It makes me cringe and turns me off. Perhaps I'm just a bitch.....lol.
    Nah - not you - bothers me too.

Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    At least it was correct on the uncensored version... where it really matters.

Status
    Just A Little More ScorpioGoddess's Avatar
    Being petty by the poolside as I sip my mimosa
    Threads
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Level
    Negan talks like a ten year so the poor grammar is fitting.