Status
    Threads
    Gamer IDs
    Gamertag: None PSN ID: NightieKnight XFIRE ID: None Steam ID: None Raptr ID: None Wii Code: None
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Level

Issue 169 Cover (Spoilers)

Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Level
    Am I alone in hoping that Rick dies in the next...20 issues? Geezus.

Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    Am I alone in hoping that Rick dies in the next...20 issues? Geezus.
    Probably 199, 200 or 201.

I could see it being the big issue 200 event but I could see Kirkman doing it the issue after or before just because people wouldn't expect it as much.

That's still like 6ish volumes away. lol.

Enough time for one or two more storylines. I'd have them finish up whatever storyline they have now. Put a end to Negan, The Saviors, The Whisperers, Alexandria and have that be Rick's final big victory (or loss since losing Alexandria in the war is still a loss even if you beat the others) and then the next arc be about killing Rick off. At this point, there isn't much left for Rick to achieve that he hasn't achieved before. It can't just keep being new villians, Rick wins, more new villains, Rick wins. They can do that with Coral after Rick dies because Coral hasn't yet done any of that yet so it's all new for his character.

Status

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Level
    Fucking yawn. Who cares if Rick dies. Then what happens? We get the same rinse and repeat shit with Coral in his place? Some lame ass coming of age melodrama in the ZA? This book was supposed to end years ago and now its dragging out, big time. I hate to be the raging internet guy, but the last REALLY good moment in the comic was when Glenn died.

Status
    Threads
    Gamer IDs
    Gamertag: PEOPACOLYPSE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by manscaper View Post
    Fucking yawn. Who cares if Rick dies. Then what happens? We get the same rinse and repeat shit with Coral in his place? Some lame ass coming of age melodrama in the ZA? This book was supposed to end years ago and now its dragging out, big time. I hate to be the raging internet guy, but the last REALLY good moment in the comic was when Glenn died.
    Kirkman said 300 issues a very long time ago

Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Level
    Ah, so Dwight is upset because Rick killed Sherry after she tried to kill Rick? That is the line that is crossed? This cover means little. Rick will just get punched in the face again. Seriously dude gets punched like every other issue... Who cares...

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Probably 199, 200 or 201.

I could see it being the big issue 200 event but I could see Kirkman doing it the issue after or before just because people wouldn't expect it as much.

That's still like 6ish volumes away. lol.

Enough time for one or two more storylines. I'd have them finish up whatever storyline they have now. Put a end to Negan, The Saviors, The Whisperers, Alexandria and have that be Rick's final big victory (or loss since losing Alexandria in the war is still a loss even if you beat the others) and then the next arc be about killing Rick off. At this point, there isn't much left for Rick to achieve that he hasn't achieved before. It can't just keep being new villians, Rick wins, more new villains, Rick wins. They can do that with Coral after Rick dies because Coral hasn't yet done any of that yet so it's all new for his character.
    I like most of this and hope most of your predictions hold up. I can't co-sign the Carl death. Carl's story has been on the back burner as the all deal with the loss of the Hilltop, the devestation to ASZ. This cover is intriguing not at all boring to me. My take on this movement towards civilization is the forces of anarchy vs traditional society. What are the options and which choice is best given there is no godhead...no central government. The only structure is the one you make. To that end, what I would like the cover to signal is the shift in Rick that has him in emotionally unfit to lead, carl steps up and is the first true leader of the ZA as he was raised in it. This arc would be best capped off with Rick's death... issue 200? issue 300? Who knows. I still like this comic and am not tossing it, yet.

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Kirkman has got to be the most boring, small-minded and unimaginative hack of a writer I have ever seen, nothing pisses me off more than seeing just how underdeveloped this fucking excuse of a franchise is after 14 years of comics.

14 fucking years of the same boring repetitive shit in bumfuck Georgia and then bumfuck Virginia now. He doesn't expand the universe because he lacks the creative abilities to do so, and whenever someone does it for him he gets pissed off like the stupid manchild that he is. Darabont tried to make things bigger by mentioning France and a cure and Kirkman got pissed off at that because "It revealed too much", that was 7 years ago. What has Kirkman added to the universe in those 7 years that actually stimulates your imagination?. Telltale tried the same by moving the game's characters to Ohio in Season 2 and then to Texas in Season 3 but Kirkman interrupted that as well and made them go back to FUCKING VIRGINIA, out of all fucking places.

This entire bullshit concept that Rick Grimes is supposed to be painted as the all time savior of the apocalypse is seriously something that can only come out of the mind of a 12 year old. What the hell is happening in let's say, Seattle? Toronto? Tokyo? Germany?, where's the remnants of the government and the military? they definitely have to be hiding in some bunker at this point but then again, it's something too hard for Kirkman to write about.

Fuck Kirkman and fuck TWD, this is probably one of the biggest wastes of potential in all media.

Status
    Threads
    Gamer IDs
    Gamertag: None PSN ID: NightieKnight XFIRE ID: None Steam ID: None Raptr ID: None Wii Code: None
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Level
    Well...I'm excited...

Status
    Threads
    Gamer IDs
    Gamertag: MrKnifeGuy PSN ID: MrKnifeGuy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Velociman View Post