1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Level

Q&A - FearTWD - episode 3 "Teotwawki"

Q&A - FearTWD - 303 "Teotwawki"

1. How does the episode begin? The opening is very strange, and it's easy for you to think WTF? It begins with a video made decades ago (Troy and Jake are young boys) by Jeremiah Otto promoting his set of survivalist videos titled "Teotwawki" (also the title of the episode), for those who want to prepare for the end of the world. Young Jeremiah, his 2 sons, as well as his late wife are in the video.

2. How is Luciana? Still unconscious? No, she's conscious now and recovering but is insistent that they leave once she is well enough to travel. She is visibly upset at the end of the episode when Madison tells her that they have decided to stay at the ranch.

3. How is the life at the ranch with the Otto’s? At first, not good. Madison returns to her cabin and finds that Troy has broken in and has made himself at home on her bed (creepy!). Troy and Nick are butting heads. And, the young people of the community keep pressuring Alicia to join their Bible group. But, no worries. All is well by the end of the episode, and like I said, Madison makes the decision to stay.

4. Is there a conflict between the Clarks and the Ottos? Definitely between Troy and Nick. Troy threatens Nick, and when he invites Nick to go on a hunting party for a wild boar that keeps trashing their crops, you feel certain Troy is going to try and kill Nick. Well, they do get into a big fight, but in the end, everything works out.

5. What can we know about Travis? Is there a conversation about him? Lots of people telling Madison how sorry they are for her loss, but nothing else beyond that.

6. Who is the man with the suit? Is he in charge now at the hotel? His name is Mr. Dante, and he is a man that Strand and Thomas had done business with in the past. Make no mistake, he's not a very nice guy. He has taken over a dam/reservior, and is basically forcing people to pay or trade for fresh water. It is later revealed Dante is aware that Strand stole from Thomas, and Thomas was a very good friend of Dante's (there's also hints that Dante may have been Thomas' lover before Strand). So, out of revenge for that, Dante threatens to throw Strand into a walker pit at the bottom of the dam. Strand does finally talk his way out of it and offers to work for Dante if he spares his life. Dante does accept, but now, Strand is pretty much his slave.

7. Anybody dies? If so, who? A red-shirt member of the Mexican drug cartel that Dante had a beef with in his previous life. He throws the guy into the walker pit, and he's eaten alive.

8. Do we get to see any character from the past? Yes, Daniel (sort of...maybe)

9. How does the episode end? The episode ends with Strand in his jail cell, and someone puts a canteen of water next to the bars. He gulps down the water, and when he turns around, he sees Daniel.

SPECIAL NOTE: First impression, Daniel's appearanced felt like a hallucination and not the real deal. Daniel tells Strand, "See, I told you I was your guardian angel," and also, Strand is under extreme mental duress. It's very easy for someone to start hallucinatin in a situation like that.

THANKS TO OUR AWESOME SOURCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Season hasn't even started yet and we have the Q&A for EP 3? Wow...

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Zombie Hoarder AllLifeIsPrecious's Avatar

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    Season hasn't even started yet and we have the Q&A for EP 3? Wow...
    Dave Erickson cares less about the show getting spoiled than Gimple does about TWD being spoiled.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Daniel! <3

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Level
    Ah, so the preview of Strand begging for his life comes from this episode, I bet. Having Strand pleading for his life under the circumstances described fits better with his character, thus far. And, finally, Daniel is back! I have some optimism for this season. The move to nix Travis was needed. Madison is a pragmatic character, and she and Victor has great on screen chemistry as do he and Nick! This should be fun.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    This season sounds extremely promising.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1202 Post(s)
    Level
    Holy cow! I take a break, and we're already three episodes in with me not having caught up with the first two. I surmise Travis has bitten the dust. I'll go back and read spoilers for epi 2.

One more week!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Is there any behind the scenes videos of this episode of FTWD?