Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Back To Top    #41
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lixx View Post
    I've been saying for years how the quality of this show keeps going down year after year and I keep thinking: "Man if Darabont had just been allowed to stay how much different this show might have turned out?"

The writing is atrocious and juvenile and absolutely lacks tension. It's just a bunch of characters who go through the same shit each season, never learn their lessons, never develop at all, whine a lot, and have ridculous plot lines to push the show in no real direction. WD should have taken a page out of GOT's playbook and lost the source material and had a end game plan where each week pieces fall off the chess board like this season of GOT. Instead we'll probably get more of the same with the same group(s) of whiners and no one important ever really dies (or if they are it's a useless meaningless death), ridiculous plots etc.

I mean really if Negan an company are so omnipresent- it's a giant country- move somewhere else? No lets be lame and stick around for revenge. We can have 14 episodes of planning and then actually two where the plot might move an inch.
    Lol, you can take this to reddit or youtube and you'll be greeted with shit like "No! Darabont was the worst thing to happen to the show! He didn't understand TWD! he made walkers grab rocks!"

2. Back To Top    #42
    Status
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    God knows they deserve worse emails than that. AMC are just the worst. Darabont has been vindicated after all this time now that even Kirkman (along with others) are suing. I hope the lawsuits bankrupt their sorry a****.

It's AMC's fault that the show we love became watered down both in story progression, tone and pacing. BOTTLE EPISODES ANYONE? They're money hungry gangsters who horde the profits and barley spend anything on the production and cast. I can't believe that fantastic actors like Andrew Lincoln aren't given nomination for Emmys due to AMC horrid management of the property.

I would be supportive if the actors refused to shoot anything else for AMC! Let them try to sue the entire cast. Everyone would finally how unethical and money hungry they really are. I say let ALL the dirt come out. I hope Kirkman sends them his own set of OBSCENE emails and let's Darabont edit.

3. Back To Top    #43
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    This is hilarious lmaoooo
    Darabont knows his shit and wouldn't lose it like that if he wasn't speaking the truth. Having worked on film sets, incompetence will not & should not be tolerated and I've seen people getting the bollocking of their lives (if not fired on the spot) if they behaved half as badly as what Darabont's describing, even on a low/no-budget production. It's frustrating as hell for anyone who's actually able to do their jobs properly, nevermind if you're a veteran like Darabont. Honestly pretty shocking that people get away with that working for a 'top-tier' company. They should've sorted the crew out rather than canning Darabont, god knows the show has suffered for it.

4. Back To Top    #44
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    Firing Darabont will go down in history as one of the worst moves any company ever did. TWD will be remembered for its memorable and almost flawless season 1 but the rest of it will be remembered as complete utter dumpster fire trash.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345