Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Status
    180 TWD Autographs and Counting DeLongeWannabe's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Level
    Thank you, George A. Romero.
    What which these dead things...you gave them life and in that you entertained us all.
    RIP

Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Level
    The zombie subculture exists majorly because of him

RIP.

Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Level
    This fucking sucks.

Without him not only would there be no Walking Dead so none of us would be on this site but none of us would even be fans of this genre. I know he didn't create the zombie but he certainly made a genre out of the idea.

Not only did he contribute so much to the genre but then people were inspired to follow in his footsteps to keep the genre alive even when he wasn't doing anything and because of the type of movies he was making with such a small budget he was also a big inspiration for indie filmmakers in general not just horror. You can even look at people like James Gunn who is doing something massive like Guardians of the Galaxy now for Marvel and he became known for his Dawn of the Dead remake or Edgar Wright who wrote Ant-Man for Marvel who made Shaun of the Dead which was sorta a parody of Dawn of the Dead and made actors like Simon Pegg & Nick Frost big stars in America. The list could really go on with all of the people or things that are popular because of him.

Like I said, there would be no Walking Dead (So no Kirkman either) and the world wouldn't know Greg Nicotero or Tom Savini without George Romero either. Without Romero would there even be White Walkers in Game of Thrones? Deadites in Evil Dead? etc? Who knows. A lot of what we see today in the sci fi/horror/indie genre only happens because of Romero. He's a modern day Tolkien. What Romero did for Film & Horror is like what Tolkien did for Writing & Fantasy.

Huge bummer that we lost Romero & Craven who are arguably the biggest names in horror in just a few years. We don't have many left. Hooper, Carpenter and Raimi better not die. Ever.

RIP George Airplane Romero

Status
    Threads
    Gamer IDs
    Gamertag: Don't have one PSN ID: Waste of time XFIRE ID: That would be loser Steam ID: Don't know what that is Raptr ID: Ditto for this Wii Code: None of my friends play wii
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TAWX14 View Post
    Kirkman has said before he created TWD using inspiration and elements from George Romero's work. It may not have existed without him. RIP.
    "May not have existed" that fuckin hack did nothing but RIPOFF the master. Fuck kirkman he shouldn't even have his fuckin name mentioned in the same breath as Romero, the man was a genius and a gentleman in every way. One of my top two directors of all time and a man I will greatly miss in this stinking world.

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Level
    Sad news. Night of the Living Dead scared the hell out of me, it was groundbreaking at the time. I was never and still am not, a fan of horror. I watch TWD for the humans not the zombies. A couple of days ago I heard Romero couldn't get funding for his newest zombie films because of The Walking Dead.

Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TAWX14 View Post
    Kirkman has said before he created TWD using inspiration and elements from George Romero's work. It may not have existed without him. RIP.
    So true! For one thing:

NOTLD had actor Duane Jones starring as the first Black male lead of a horror movie.

TWD had a Black character named Duane Jones, who was Morgan's son...

Status
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    There are no words for this. The dark world which he gave to us, is somewhat darker now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12