1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level

NFL - 2017 Season

Pre-season games are underway and we're a month from the start of the regular season.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Level
    Go Cowboys!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1160 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Go Cowboys!
    They looked good last night! I like the Smith brothers, both the fact that brothers are playing on the same team and the way they played. M&M will do a good job in Zeke's absence.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    They looked good last night! I like the Smith brothers, both the fact that brothers are playing on the same team and the way they played. M&M will do a good job in Zeke's absence.
    They did amazing. But I still want Elliott back! FEED ME!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1160 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    They did amazing. But I still want Elliott back! FEED ME!
    Well, his suspension is on appeal, but I haven't been able to find info on whether or not he can play pending the appeal. The only thing I could find is that he can play if his appeal goes to federal court, but he has to exhaust the process through the league first. There's a lot of questionable stuff in the NFL's decision, e.g. the DA in Ohio declined to press charges, text and voice mail message from the woman to him threatening to ruin his life, and her asking people to lie for her about an incident she reported which it has been found didn't occur. I read the decisions of the five people Goodell appointed to review the situation, and it bothers me that they brought in an M.D. to review photographs she took of herself on a cell phone. If Zeke hit her, then he should take the suspension, but a lot of this feels like Zeke getting scapegoated for the league's inadequate action on past domestic violence offenses. I think Zeke should take a suspension for pulling up a woman's shirt during the St. Patty's Day parade, but I hate to see anybody punished for something they didn't do.

As usual, I've gone rambling. It will be interesting to see if Zeke gets to play pending his appeal, if it isn't decided prior to opening night; but if the league doesn't rule in his favor, it looks like he will take it to federal court, which means he could play pending the court's decision.

Yeah, I'm wanting me some Zeke on the field, too. I'm very happy with the way things looked with McFadden, especially, Saturday night, although Morris had some fine moments. I'm not worried. I'm also hoping for a lot more of Rico Gathers, especially during the season. He is awesome!

BTW, Tony Romo will be calling the KC/Seattle game this Friday night. It's a nationally televised preseason game, from what I read today. I'll be watching to see how Tony does.