1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level

Season 8 Premiere- Cold Open Scene

It would only make sense for the old man Rick scene in the premiere to be confusing to the GA, yet very intriguing.

I think that the premiere's Cold Open scene (before the intro credits) may mirror the "Pilot- hospital scene" in a creative way like this:

Shows Rick waking up, grabbing his cane as we are confused and wondering if maybe he is in a hospital rehab center due to his wound from the pilot possibly as himself and his surrounding do not look familiar. He wakes up and gets a drink of water, and then walks out of his room....

The scene cuts (being he would actually be leaving his house but they would make it subtle to where we wouldn't know that) and then it shows a chained up set of doors (maybe a single door) in a hallway saying "DO NOT OPEN (possibly "DEAD INSIDE" aswell just to keep people)" and in reality:

"Negan will be housed behind the door in the Alexandria jail!" (Which we will not find out until later in the 8A)...

We see the door, think of the pilot episode, maybe Negan even throws a tray or something at the door to make some noise, which makes the audience think Walkers may really be behind the door, and that Rick has woken up to the exact same reality, then the intro music is cued as the camera focuses in on the door and the opening credits drop!

Once the show catches up to that scene again, likely after the war, maybe it will show that Rick visiting Negan, which will reveal what actually happened to Negan, to make the scene even more significant, being it would be cool if they did not show him being jailed after the war, but Rick saying "I have other plans for him!" or something along those lines to where the GA do not even know his fate until the timejump scene. A scene which shows an aged Negan in the cell once it's time for the door/doors to be opened.

Side note: I still think the clip of Negan and Gabriel is actually Negan behind bars, yet the camera shot for the trailer having the camera within the cell with him as to not give away anything.

I say that being that could be Negan telling his backstory to Gabriel, as a "confession" in a sense if Gabriel questions "what creates a man like him" etc etc.

Who knows, the Cold Open could even show Negan inside of the room in the dark and semi spoil it for the GA due to the writers assuming everyone knows Negan's fate, which I can say is NOT the case.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Level
    I thought this was a spoiler thread

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    I thought this was a spoiler thread
    Me too.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Zombie Hoarder AllLifeIsPrecious's Avatar

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    It might be the scene with Carl searching for gas as the cold open considering the cold opening scene for 1x01 was Rick searching for gas.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    This is the "Speculation" section.

And just to be clear, I was speculating how the Cold Open of 8x01 with Old Man Rick may mirror the "Hospital Scene", NOT the Cold Open of 1x01.

As in when he wakes up, it may have alot of the same aspects of him waking up in that hospital as if he woke up later on from his coma (or in a rehab facility), only for things to be the same as far as a zombie apocalypse.

I just think it would be Awesome if he walks out of his room (and of course he would leave his house, yet it wouldn't show us that in the cold open) then we see him looking at a Door, or set of Doors saying "DO NOT OPEN" as if walkers are inside, mirroring the hospital scene, but Negan really residing in his cell behind those doors.

Just a thought which would Intrigue, and confuse many, and then it fill in the blanks after the war is over.

And as I said, would be cool if we don't even see Negan's Fate once the war is over and Rick something like "I have plans for him", then we see NEGAN for the first time in a cell during the timejump.

I think Morgan may die, or someone may establish the jailing system for Rick to use it, I say Morgan being he built it, but Rick would have to remember his philosophy being Morgan damn sure isn't following his belief system from S06...

Maybe Rick will justify it by saying "I'll keep you alive for a few years to see things change without your way of life" as Negan would taunt to kill Rick's people and keep him alive for a few years to suffer...