Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 119 of 119
  1. Back To Top    #111
    Status
    Offline
    El Jefe Jay's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The North
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,567
    Threads
    596
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Points
    26,338
    Level
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
    Wow. So this is a joke? No one needs semi-automatics. And no one needs 47 guns. 33 bought in this year alone. 59 people dead and 500+ wounded.

    Just reinforces my previous statement that some people just don't care. It's sad and disgusting.

  2. Back To Top    #112
    Status
    Offline
    I Humperdoo Sadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    With Tuco
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    12,978
    Threads
    34
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    Points
    2,537
    Level
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
    Hey @Sadie - how do you know? What evidence do you have to support your argument?

    ------------------------------

    And yes, @Jay. Ban them.
    How do I know? Look it up. It isn't difficult. Especially since you always claim to have all the info on everything. You claim to always do your research..so do some research instead of getting smart with me. What's wrong? Afraid to look it up and be proven wrong? Even if I did post the links you'd still ignore it. Just like you've done countless times in the past

  3. Back To Top    #113
    Status
    Offline
    Token Black Guy Quiet One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,578
    Threads
    0
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Points
    775
    Level
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
    The US has broken its own record for causalities in a mass shooting TWICE in a year and a half. Then you had Sandy Hook where 20 children died. I remember thinking when that happened - if "all-out/do nothing" pro-gun people are not swayed by young children dying, nothing ever will. It's fucking sad.


    -Ban bump stocks and other modifiers that makes a gun fire faster.
    -Ban semi-automatic weapons.
    -Have a national gun registry that tracks who owns what and how many. This should update as quickly as your credit score does when applying for credit. AKA instantaneous.
    -Have a cap on how many guns one can own (not including antique/those that do not function).
    -Limit the amount of ammunition one can purchase and track that as we do with fucking Sudafed
    -Require mental health checks and strengthen other established registration requirements. Have them be every couple/few years just like a drivers license.


    You can still own a gun; even a few if you like. You can still go to shooting ranges. You can still "defend yourself." You can still hunt.

    I don't see the problem!
    Yep, I totally agree with all of that & I'd add a ban on gun-owning for anybody with a criminal record (for violent offences at any rate) & possibly a history of violent or threatening behaviour. And perhaps a cooling off period for any gun purchases.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    You're not changing my mind. You're wrong on this. Banning guns won't stop anything. Why don't you educate yourself to all the deaths by shootings in Chicago? You know..the place with the strictest gun laws
    Frankly I'd be shocked if you changed your mind. I doubt you've ever changed your mind about anything, even when confronted with incontrovertible evidence that you're wrong, misinformed or being unreasonable. But never mind, here I go anyway.

    Here's a website you might find informative: http://www.npr.org/2017/10/05/555580...aws-don-t-work ... as I'm Australian I'm not familiar with Chicago's murder rates OR its gun laws, but from this site I understand that it does not, in fact, have the strictest gun laws in the country. Also that Illinois borders states with far laxer laws. Also that more than half of guns recovered in Illinois (I assume that means recovered by police) came from out of state, ie. the criminals were bringing them into Illinois rather than buying them at home. And from another site (I won't bother linking to that one, but if you're interested google chicago gun murder rates & it was the top response) I understand that the vast majority of victims came from particular poor neighbourhoods - poverty, unemployment, lack of services or opportunity (ie. what you find in poor neighbourhoods) all breed violence, & one wonders how many of those guns were actually legal. In fact, here's a link that talks about that very thing: https://www.thetrace.org/2017/01/chi...-city-america/ & right at the end it quotes a report that suggests many of the guns involved in shootings were, in fact, illegal weapons.

    As for banning guns, I'm sure you're familiar with Australia's mass shooting record. Our last one was on April 28th, 1996.

  4. Back To Top    #114
    Status
    Offline
    Sharpshooter Dead Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    In the woods.
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,106
    Threads
    66
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Points
    5,570
    Level
    23
    It was just revealed that Paddock shot the security guard six minutes before firing on the crowd. He shot several rounds through the room door and struck the guard in the leg. This raises some questions, why didn't anyone report the shots fired (or did they) and why didn't the guard report it right away? According to the news, he reported it 20 minutes later when Paddock was well into his killing spree. None of it makes sense, and who knows if all of this could've been prevented.

  5. Back To Top    #115
    Status
    Offline
    Flawless Sassenach's Avatar



    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    8,371
    Threads
    491
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Points
    17,176
    Level
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Dee View Post
    It was just revealed that Paddock shot the security guard six minutes before firing on the crowd. He shot several rounds through the room door and struck the guard in the leg. This raises some questions, why didn't anyone report the shots fired (or did they) and why didn't the guard report it right away? According to the news, he reported it 20 minutes later when Paddock was well into his killing spree. None of it makes sense, and who knows if all of this could've been prevented.
    Maybe the guard was in on it somehow. Independent journalist Laura Loomer was at the lvpd press conference yesterday and she basically forced the sheriff to admit that Paddock had been checked into Mandalay Bay since 9/25 and NOT the 9/28 date the fbi and lvpd kept reporting. When she asked her question yesterday he basically told her to stop asking her question. He was visibly upset at what she was asking. And she was the only person in the room that he shut down for asking questions. She's been reporting things for a week now that the officials are not reporting. There are a lot of questions in the "official" story. Them saying that the security guard was shot before Paddock started shooting, i mean it just doesn't make sense.

    What are they trying to hide?? Nothing about this story adds up, except that 58 people were killed and nearly 500 wounded.

  6. Back To Top    #116
    Status
    Offline
    I Humperdoo Sadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    With Tuco
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    12,978
    Threads
    34
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    Points
    2,537
    Level
    39
    This shit is why conspiracy theorists exist. The media is always lying. Can you blame the people for thinking this shit is fake? It's clearly not but with all the god damn lies from officials it looks suspicious as hell. I wish they'd be honest. I think there were 2 shooters and the fact that they're hiding it is fucked up

  7. Back To Top    #117
    Status
    Offline
    Earth Immortal DrHerbs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northwest
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,652
    Threads
    14
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Points
    10,956
    Level
    18
    I agree, the media usually sucks when it comes to this along with law enforcement being super secretive past the point of making sense. Why can we not simply get the facts, by now. I understand that it might take some time but how long? Yes, it is true, this is why conspiracy exists. I mean IT IS possible that they simply don't know why shit ain't addin' up BUT maybe they shouldn't give false information then poorly clarify discrepancy after the point most people aren't talking about it or thinking about it anymore... like it doesn't matter anymore, resume the Trump centered broadcasts

  8. Back To Top    #118
    Status
    Offline
    Flawless Sassenach's Avatar



    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    8,371
    Threads
    491
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Points
    17,176
    Level
    41
    Las Vegas security guard Jesus Campos disappears moments before TV interviews

    Where in the world is Jesus Campos?

    The Mandalay Bay security guard shot by Stephen Paddock in the moments leading up to the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history was set to break his silence Thursday night with five television interviews, including one on Fox News, Campos' union president said.

    Except when the cameras were about to roll, and media gathered in the building to talk to him, Campos reportedly bolted, and, as of early Friday morning, it wasn't immediately clear where he was.

    “We were in a room and we came out and he was gone,” Campos' union president told reporters, according to ABC News’ Stephanie Wash.

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/13...nterviews.html

    Uh huh.. wtf?? This whole story just gets weirder and weirder. And while I love a good conspiracy theory I generally don't jump on the bandwagon. This entire incident has not added up from the get-go though.

    The hotel has come out and said they don't have video cameras in their hallways or their elevators. Gtfo with the lies!! There's some kind of massive cover-up going on here. I do believe that.

  9. Back To Top    #119
    Status
    Offline
    Sharpshooter Dead Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    In the woods.
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,106
    Threads
    66
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Points
    5,570
    Level
    23
    I've been watching Fox News for over an hour and they haven't mentioned anything about the shooting or Campos. Granted, there's other news going on, but they've given plenty of time to Weinstein. I guess that's because it's about sex and people love stories about sex, but c'mon have we forgotten that 58 innocent people are dead, not to mention over 500 wounded? And we still don't have any good answers but plenty of questions.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Related Topics

  1. Valentine's Day Massacre
    By Dead Dee in forum Jessie Criticism
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: January 14th, 2016, 11:41 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: September 20th, 2013, 10:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.