Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    Hollywood is crumbling, folks!
    Check out these headlines:

1. TV Show-Runner comes out to accuse BOB Weinstein of sexual assault -
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni61626177?...ref_=hm_nw_tp2

2. Roy Price resigns as studio head of Amazon Studios after a sexual assault claim -
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni61626441?...ref_=hm_nw_tp1

3. After insulting Trump at a gala? Robert De Niro has former employee come out and claim he gave Harvey Weinstein special access to his own Tribecca Grill to seduce women -
    http://madworldnews.com/de-niro-trum...iser-waitress/

2. Back To Top    #62
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Level
    Rose McGowan's twitter is really annoying me but I can't stop reading. I must really like being annoyed.

Now she's making stoopit tweets like:
    This is the movie I was filming when it happened. I played a 16 year old.
    Yeah, but you weren't 16. Idiot. You were 24. Quit trying to fool people to make your case seem even worse so you'll get even more retweets or w/e the fuck you want.

She's enjoying this way too much.

3. Back To Top    #63
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Rose McGowan's twitter is really annoying me but I can't stop reading. I must really like being annoyed.

Now she's making stoopit tweets like:

Yeah, but you weren't 16. Idiot. You were 24. Quit trying to fool people to make your case seem even worse so you'll get even more retweets or w/e the fuck you want.

She's enjoying this way too much.
    At some point it crosses over from having sympathy for her to her just using it to be relevant again. And it's typical that she would bring up playing a 16 year old, to anger more people. The age she was playing is irrelevant. She's full on milking it now.

4. Back To Top    #64
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level
    People be having a field day with this craziness, it is an attack on Hollywood culture, isn't it? (first off, fuck Hollywood culture). Shit needs to change, finally, this whole mess has been going on for how long? Why now? What is different about now? I guess the powers that be were able to keep conservative patriarchal Hollywood together for how long? Because we, the viewers, having been feeding this glory hole for years, constantly...

Those participating in Hollywood had to have some clue that Hollywood=scum of the Earth BUT did anyone not take the offered role, the money, the fame? It is very hard to have a lot of empathy/sympathy here I must say and it kind of dilutes the rest of the sexual abuse/harassment world we all experience in... reality... Hollywood is reality TV essentially...

5. Back To Top    #65
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Level
    Well what I think a lot of people are hopefully realizing is that Hollywood overall is shit. Not just these big studio heads but all these failed actors looking for attention or still relevant actors trying to save their asses too. I don't think I've ever seen all of Hollywood behave like this before. Everyone is losing their fucking shit. They are all desperate. I wonder if the election just made everyone snap or something.

It's also worth noting that Rose McGowan is 44, hasn't done anything relevant in about 7 years other than like 2 episodes of Once Upon a Time, recently divorced about a year ago from her husband. So she really has nothing going for her right now. Claiming that she was blacklisted by Harvey? So let me get this straight. She got blacklisted from the industry in 1997 even though her biggest role ever was on Charmed from 2001 to 2006? It doesn't even make sense. It just seems like people lost interest in her and it's not like she was the greatest actress on the planet and even then she still had the jobs here and there throughout all this.

6. Back To Top    #66
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think anyone is really shocked by the fact that the casting couch and abuse/harassment is rampant in Hollywod, its just shocking that so many are finally admitting that its real. Its also humorous(in a sick and sad way) that a lot of celebrities who helped make Harvey gain more money and power are pretending that they didn't know or hadn't heard about his behavior.

Then you have those like Kate Winslet who talks of how great it was and is to work with Roman Polanski and Woody Allen but how awful HW is. Uhhh..ok. I guess there are good pervs and bad pervs. The ones who prey on women are bad but the ones who prey on children are okay?
    Here's an older clip of Barbara Walters shaming Corey Feldman for "damaging an entire industry" for talking about the pedo's in Hollywood.
    Hate to tell you Babs, but the industry was damaged a long long time ago.

7. Back To Top    #67
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah fuck Walters, she should really apologize, sincerely. It is obvious she doesn't care anyway... Cory should go full public on this now, fuck the consequences, Cory Haim's untimely death was likely made expedited by this "look the other way" attitude...

8. Back To Top    #68
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieBek View Post
    Everyone is entitled to work in a safe atmosphere and not be subjected to sexual harassment and sexual assault. Everyone handles themselves differently. It takes a lot of courage to speak out as a victim. Reading this thread proves why many victims keep quiet. Yes these actresses could have refused to work for this asshole but until your walking in their shoes, keep your fucking mouth shut with comments how it was their fault. Go get educated and take a course on being a sexual assault victim support person. It's a week long course. I know cause I took the course. It opened my eyes how people handle situations like this. Sexual harassment is happening all around the world in all fields not just Hollywood. Hopefully now that everyone is aware of the problem, it stops. Not likely but at least it's come to light.
    Moving on. Next.
    This

Here is lot of victim blaming going on

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567