Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #51
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    This probably means nothing, but remember in that Cold Storage webisode they broke into Rick's storage locker in Atlanta. Why would he have had one that far from his home?
    I think it's probably just an inconsistency on the part of the writers or producers. The same way the hospital in one of the other webisodes was implied to be where Rick was still comatose, even though it didn't look at all similar to the one in the pilot. I think the most relevance the cold storage webisodes will ever have to the main series will be the mention in 3x01 of the group spending time in a storage facility sometime before they found the prison. I think that's the only nod that Cold Storage will ever get.

2. Back To Top    #52
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    Ugh. Pandering... Clearly having two different stories in a shared universe isn't enough. The bean counters need to feed the ham and eggers and literally have a crossover character. Marvel Universe-level stupidity. It will either pass with a whimper or prove disastrous. Neither show's writing team have the chops to make this work.

Relatives of main characters from the main show magically appearing on Fear feels like lazy, 70s American television hack work. When all else failed: they invented a magical relative never spoken of at any other time to:

replace a departing cast member

dig themselves out of a hole their shit writing got themselves into

bean counters wanted a spin off or cross over.

I think the best character they have for this fucking stupid cross over idea is Alex. The character had tremendous potential and they pissed her away on Fear. She's still alive. She was in a boatyard. Have her hit the waterways. Ends up in Oceanside. Cue: fishing element in community trades that eventually happened in the comic.

It's worth repeating, though: this entire crossover thing is a shit idea. Fucking AMC.

3. Back To Top    #53
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Level
    It's an OK idea if it can realistically bring something to the plot of either show. Or it can be just a gimmick. I see more scenarios for the latter than for the former. We'll just have to wait and see

4. Back To Top    #54
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1171 Post(s)
    Level
    This probably means nothing, but remember in that Cold Storage webisode they broke into Rick's storage locker in Atlanta. Why would he have had one that far from his home?
    What makes you think that was Rick's storage locker? It's been years since I've seen that webisode, but all I remember is a woman locked in there by the security guard (I think he was the security guard)...

5. Back To Top    #55
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Level
    It had pictures of Rick and Shane and Lori in it. I always thought it weird he would have a storage locker in Atlanta

6. Back To Top    #56
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm wondering if the introduction of Diana on FTWD the same week that the crossover news came out is more than a coincidence. If a stupid crossover is going to happen I'd rather it be a known character, but it wouldn't surprise me if they'd go in this direction.

7. Back To Top    #57
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Level
    Based on a tweet, some are speculating that Abe may show up on FTWD.

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/...ad-crossover-/
    The announcement came Saturday night at New York Comic Con during The Walking Dead's panel. Ahead of the panel, Cudlitz was either sending some very cryptic subtweets to friend or foe in real life or teasing his return to the Dead universe.
    "Crazy shit is about to go down," Cudlitz wrote on Saturday morning. "See y'all on the other side."

8. Back To Top    #58
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Level
    The Procters on FTWD wanted to build a trade route all the way to Texas, which was were Abe's group started from. Does anyone remember the names of the former members of Abe's group. The ones that died along the way? Their names were mentioned a couple of times. Maybe one matches someone we've already seen in FTWD.

9. Back To Top    #59
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1171 Post(s)
    Level
    The Procters on FTWD wanted to build a trade route all the way to Texas, which was were Abe's group started from. Does anyone remember the names of the former members of Abe's group. The ones that died along the way? Their names were mentioned a couple of times. Maybe one matches someone we've already seen in FTWD.
    I think there was a "Mike". I don't remember which episode it was in which the names of the people Abe's group lost were mentioned. Was it "Help"? Abe and Eugene picked up Rosita and her group in Dallas - out of the way on a trip to DC, so perhaps the reason Abe and Eugene went through Dallas on the way to DC is that Abe might have traveled with someone from the group Rosita was in, but they split up as Abe wanted to get to his family in Houston and whoever Abe was with wanted to get to family in Dallas. I realize this plotline was probably not a glimmer in any writer's mind when the weird route from Houston to DC was mentioned, but something like this would explain it. Not that anybody's been worried about it. Even I figure the route to DC was just another plothole, but they could fix it if they've written it that way.

10. Back To Top    #60
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Level

There are a few names for former members of Abe's group here: http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Ab...up_(TV_Series)

I'm not sure if they were all with him in Texas, but their names were: Josiah, Stephanie, Warren, Rex, Pam, Roger, Dirk and Josephine.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast