7 7.14%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #51
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Level
    In a later episode we'll see Ezekiel crying over his breakfast of frosted flakes
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Sorry, I couldn't resist

2. Back To Top    #52
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DaltonGang View Post
    Anyone else have a problem with how slow the walkers were walking when Zeke was laying on the ground while Savior dude stomped on his arm and foot? I kept thinking the zombies should be right on top of them but they were walking so slow that it was ridiculous.
    Yes! Thank you! I thought I was the only one. It happened more than once this episode - the walkers were nearly upon someone, that person kills one or two of them, then they stop & have a conversation, & the other walkers who should be right on top of them just seem to hang back & wait for them to finish! It was ridiculous.

So the episode loses a whole three points for that. It also loses a point for the car chase scene. How did Rick & Daryl know that a) the jeep belonged to the Saviours and b) that it carried the guns? And the whole thing was over the top & dumb.

Also, why didn't the Saviours shoot Carol, Ezekial & Jerry rather than just drive off? Especially Carol who'd just killed several of their people.

Also it didn't seem believable that Shiva couldn't have pushed through the walkers or jumped over them to escape.

In total, a six.

3. Back To Top    #53
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I loved the episode. Ezekiel and Jerry Were so great. Ezekiel totally sold it as a man totally emotionally and physically defeated. I love those two. Also the serial killer dude was good and creepy.

I agree about Super Carol, but the car race was stupid. I sobbed like a baby when Shiva was killed. I have animals that I love like crazy. I barely knew ya Shiva but it still made me cry my eyes out.

4. Back To Top    #54
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DaltonGang View Post
    Anyone else have a problem with how slow the walkers were walking when Zeke was laying on the ground while Savior dude stomped on his arm and foot? I kept thinking the zombies should be right on top of them but they were walking so slow that it was ridiculous.
    In the take before the opening credits they were right near him. When we came back, Ezekiel magically moved a solid 15 feet without them moving at all.

5. Back To Top    #55
    Status
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Level
    At this rate, anything the asylum releases would be better than TWD.

6. Back To Top    #56
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    The CGI seemed decent for Shiva, which is not like them.

7. Back To Top    #57
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ZINC View Post
    Best episode of the season so far minus Shiva dying.
    @Sadie did you see this? Those bastards killed Shiva.
    I don't watch anymore thankfully. I'd hate to see heartbreak like that. Poor shiva

8. Back To Top    #58
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level
    Best episode of the season hands down, so far, and probably only one of a small handful... because it was actually entertaining and NOT frustrating. Add in the minus of Negan and the fact that even though Carol let the truck go, the truck did not make it to the Sanctuary. (I would not have helped Ezekiel when those giant guns of destruction were at stake, sorry Carol). Even though it was convenient Rick and Daryl were there, I was satisfied with the outcome. Not concerned about realistic anymore just stop making the characters do stupid things with stupid outcomes that make no sense to further the story.

This episode was a simple formula, keep it fucking simple, Gimple! Ezekiel and his group get fucked by two giant high caliber guns... He feels bad, is injured and has to escape fighting off zombies and crazy saviors... Carol takes out gun handlers (could have been anyone, hell could have had fucking Kingdom survivors do it), they are NOT allowed to take guns to the sanctuary to cause more harm... a loss with a win equals a satisfying episode... damn did I just say that?

9. Back To Top    #59
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I actually thought this episode was pretty good. Ezekiel laying on the ground with all the bodies of his people looked exactly like a real battlefield. Even their wounds looked realistic, and the way they did their re-animation was sad and eerie. At the end of episode 3, I thought it was powerful the way the Kingdomers jumped in front of Ezekiel. Before our modern government, people had always followed Kings and believed in them. I also think its a good contrast between the way Negan and Ezekiel get people to follow them. I wonder if it was Gimple or someone else who wrote this episode because I thought it was pretty good. I will say the way Shiva died was BS and as unrealistic as a CGI tiger dying could be. We're supposed to view her as a real tiger, but a real tiger would have swatted and bulldozed her way through those walkers. It wasn't even a big group of walkers. It was a relatively small, weak, toxic waste covered group of walkers who should not have been able to take down a real tiger. It would have been better, imo, if she got taken out with a gun or something (if at all, I wish she had made it). I get why they had to take her out, budget reasons, but its also ridiculous that AMC's biggest show and money maker only gets a $2million budget per season. I also thought Ezekiel's actor did an amazing job. The Jeffery Dahmer wannabe was interesting but I couldn't wait for him to get chopped in half. Imo, it was an 8.

10. Back To Top    #60
    Status
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Level
    This was my favorite episode of season 8 thus far and I rated it an 8. Khary Payton did a wonderful job and I loved seeing a different side to Jerry as well. Walkers were well done and actually a threat...even though they seemed to stop in their tracks so the characters could have conversations. LoL.

I am happy that Carol is done with her mopey isolation stage. I Loved that she chose to save Ezekiel and Jerry rather than continue to go after the guns, because previously she may not have. Her actions were not in the best interest of the greater good, but it really showed how much they mean to her and the impact Ezekiel made on her. She cares deeply for them and those emotions led her to follow her heart rather than her usual putting her feelings on the back burner and completing the mission. I think that shows a lot of growth for her character.

The loss of almost the entirety of the Kingdom soldiers was devastating, as was the loss of Shiva. I do think it was necessary in terms of showing that this is actually a war rather than a one sided take down. I am very interested in seeing Ezekiel stripped down from the facade he created and see how he moves on from this.

Although there was still exchanges of gunfire that hit nothing....overall it was a nice change of pace from the endless bullets and explosions that were the first 3 episodes. After not being impressed and being disappointed in the season thus far, this episode gave me some hope that maybe TWD still has the ablity to tell a good story. Hopefully the rest of the season will prove that to me as well. Fingers crossed! It is sad to see the show I was so invested in and so excited for reduced to...”oh...TWD is on tonight...I almost forgot”.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast