1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Level

Colorado Girl Sues Jeff Sessions to Legalize Medical Marijuana Nationwide

LARKSPUR, Colo. -- Alexis Bortell is hardly the first child whose family moved to Colorado for access to medical marijuana.

But the 12-year-old is the first Colorado kid to sue U.S. Attorney Jeff Sessions over the nation's official marijuana policy.

"As the seizures got worse, we had to move to Colorado to get cannabis because it's illegal in Texas," said Bortell, who was diagnosed with epilepsy as a young child.

The sixth-grader said traditional medicine wasn't helping her seizures and doctors in her home state were recommending invasive brain surgery.

Shortly after moving to Larkspur, Bortell's family began using a strain of cannabis oil called Haleigh's Hope. A drop of liquid THC in the morning and at night has kept her seizure-free for 2 1/2 years. "I'd say it`s a lot better than brain surgery," Bortell said.

http://kdvr.com/2017/11/09/colorado-...na-nationwide/

I don't blame this kid one bit. Cannabis oil has been proven over and over to be beneficial.

Sessions has bigger things to be worrying with rather than this. And if his argument is that it's against federal laws, then the federal laws need to be changed to legalize it in every state.

I hope others will join in the lawsuit.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Level
    Yes, they all have more important things to worry about, but for some reason, some people are stuck on stupid when it comes to this issue.

Its been legal medically for adults in my state since the 1990's but not for children so we had a family move to Colorado for that reason as well. Its been voter approved for recreational use but our gov. is fighting tooth and nail(the sale of it) and now wants surprise inspections for the medical marijuana caregivers in hopes of finding someone doing something illegal I guess. Such a waste of time.

I'm glad that cannabis is working for this girl and hope she continues to do well. Seizures suck and brain surgery comes with its own life long effects. Hard to believe that politicians would prefer seeing kids on meds that have terrible side effects, may not even work, and brain surgery to them getting relief from a drop of oil that has little to no side effects.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level
    Last ditch efforts, they even felt they should name drop cannabis in the opiate report (one of these things is NOT like the other). Outdated nonsense about gateway drugs and what not can blame anything for the proverbial gateway if you manipulate and bias data. They can try holding out as long as they like but soon as the administration changes, this thing is going to be taken off schedule I. Research has been promising, need to stop impeding said research in this country. If they want data, allow us to give you fucking data so you can stop making shit up. Sessions has a personal vendetta against cannabis but matters not, he is not going to do very much about it (visited Colorado for example and said so much as "I am not going to arrest the legal or medical market at this time.")

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHerbs View Post
    Last ditch efforts, they even felt they should name drop cannabis in the opiate report (one of these things is NOT like the other). Outdated nonsense about gateway drugs and what not can blame anything for the proverbial gateway if you manipulate and bias data. They can try holding out as long as they like but soon as the administration changes, this thing is going to be taken off schedule I. Research has been promising, need to stop impeding said research in this country. If they want data, allow us to give you fucking data so you can stop making shit up. Sessions has a personal vendetta against cannabis but matters not, he is not going to do very much about it (visited Colorado for example and said so much as "I am not going to arrest the legal or medical market at this time.")
    Our Gov. seems to have a vendetta as well. He'll be out in another year and although I don't totally hate him as a Gov., he's not respecting the people's vote on more than a few issues so its time for him to go.

Jeff Sessions? Haven't been all that impressed so far.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    The whole medical use thing is mind-boggling to me. There's a ton of research that shows that cannabis oil is extremely effective when it comes to treating cancer and other afflictions.

It's been legal here in Canada for a while now, and next year recreational use will be legal too. Just tax the shit out of it and everyone wins.

The whole gateway drug thing has no merit. Everyone I know who was a stoner in high school is still just smoking dope and doing the bare minimum in life. Doesn't lead to anything else except complacency.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Level
    im all for it being legalized and think it's pros outweigh the cons by ffs...

there re are plenty of people that could benefit and even be helped by certain meds but can't get them and don't have access but they're not suing..