Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Back To Top    #31
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassle View Post
    So, I love that people skipped over what I actually said and rewrote it to fit their Trump-ian narratives.

So I will repeat - I don't particularly think it is racism, but I do find it odd after the way the show was introduced and advertised by AMC, Kirkman, et al: several multicultural families banding together to survive the apocalypse. ODD. Not racist. ODD.
    I think the show has been quite diverse over all.
    When the show was introduced, we had Travis, Eliza, and Chris. Madison, Nick, and Alicia. Danial, Griselda, and Ofelia. And we had Strand. Most of the cast was NOT white.
    The original characters who we think are still alive are Madison, Daniel, Strand, Nick and Alicia. Three adults with different multicultural backgrounds and two kids.
    Between season 1 and now, there have been quite a few non white characters added to the cast with a few white. Now, season 4, they may add 4 white characters, Morgan is crossing over, and
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm confused on how this is odd.

2. Back To Top    #32
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Level
    It's always something.

3. Back To Top    #33
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    Hmm... I don't think you can really make the argument here as the franchise on a whole has been very diverse overall. I don't see the additions of more white characters to be a "flag" of anything other than a change in geography and story line.

When you have a white person cast in a role that pretty much demands them to be not-white (see Ghost in the Shell, Aloha, and a ton of movies from the 50s and 60s), then yeah, that's pretty "odd." But here? I don't see that.

In fact, I cannot think of a character on the TV show that is white that "replaced" a non-white comic character. (I did not research this so may be wrong.) I can think of the opposite though - Bob Stookey.

4. Back To Top    #34
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Two show runners = two locations. This is why Gimple has been brought in. Its a shame that Dave Erickson went because Season 3 of FTWD was easily the same quality of the best of TWD season over the last 4 years. Hope that they keep the same momentum as S3B and dont go back to S1/S2 pacing of half a season based on one conversation.

5. Back To Top    #35
    Status
    Autograph Hunter DeLongeWannabe's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    God forbid there be white people on a show!

6. Back To Top    #36
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Technically we didn't "lose" Luciana. They confirmed months ago she's back for Season 4. Also, Walker and Crazy Dog can always pop back up in the future.
    I don't so much find it odd that numerous diverse characters were killed this season (along with the whitest family ever, the Otto's), as I do smart. They knew In advance they'd be shifting the location to Houston, TX. Most of the deaths were new characters anyway.
    Obviously Travis actor Cliff Curtis was gonna screw when he was cast in all three Avatar films, sequels to the highest grossing movie of all time.
    Lastly I hate to break it to you, but from a marketing stand point white names attract viewers. How many Garrett Dillahunt and Maggie Grace fans are going to tune in to a show they maybe never watched before? Meanwhile I've seen Cliff Curtis in dozens of movies alongside Bruce Willis, Denzel Washington, Arnold Schwarzenegger, et al, and I never even knew his name until he was a part of this show.
    Call it odd, call it racism, call it Gimple. At the end of the day the majority of the population (who are white) don't want to watch a show with a bunch of not-white people. Because they can't relate.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234