Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    This is what Walking Dead does. It pounds something into the general audience's head ("Negan's a dead man") and then the writing waits until the last minute to actually work on justifying the twist. Right now everyone thinks the series is about murdering Negan. When they see Rick, even fueled by Carl's dying intentions, "pussy" out of drawing Negan's blood, they'll get mad that their badass did something that seems less badass. (Very short-minded thinking that I don't trust casuals of TWD to process with all their blinding rage towards Morgan + recently Jesus).

Season 9 or Season 10 is the last. Has to be. Do something with the helicopter and finish Negan's journey to soul salvation. But without a Carl we really lose a lot of the original cast's glue. We are literally just down to fanservice originals. Carl is the only thing that kept it from feeling like a complete cash-in product since the fanbase was mixed on him. But they sold out and they aren't bolder for it. They want to play it safe with Daryl/Carol so bad, but even the regular viewers will start to get annoyed when Daryl/Carol repeat their same trajectories year after year.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I hate them for killing off Carl, plain and simple. This season is a disaster. I can't believe I'm saying the show needs to end, when up until this season, I hoped it would never end.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    You liked Carl a lot. Would you care if it was just another red shirt. TWD is supposed to take turns that end unpredictably. Story is a story, not TWD on unlimited lives mode.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like that Carl's gone, but as a storywriter I appreciate who has been left with Rick. His old partner Shane... her name is Judith now. What is the meaning of the name Judith and what was shining on Rick in the season opener?

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Come on guys, why do you keep saying the series is going to be canceled? There was a drop in the audience, but there are still huge numbers: 8 million in a series that is up to eight years in the air. 99% of the others TV shows wanted to have that audience.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Jaywalking Loiterer Shane's Addiction's Avatar

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Level
    IMO, a new Carl would've been better than a dead Carl.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    Fucking pathetic.

Gimple shit all over your source material and you're basically thanking him for it.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I really wish writer's would have integrity in Hollywood. After all, the comics built the fan base and then you allow AMC and Gimple to treat the source material and fans like crap. Not to mention the actors who've dedicated themselves to the project and brought our favorite characters to life. Did you guys see how Daryl couldn't even be written to show emotion for Carl? Who's in the writing room? Inexperienced family members of the execs. UGH!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123