Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    It would be good to see them somehow return to Atlanta so the shows goes full circle at the end. Atlanta could be the fortified city the person above mentioned. They all know there will never be a cure, but maybe it turns out that more and more babies are born that are immune, which can give some hope that re-population can start to take place and eventually all those that are infected will eventually die out. The series should end on that note - knowing that babies can be immune, but as the last scene goes up a mega-horde starts to attack the city and all the newborn that are uninfected are at risk. - this could then be the start of a sequel series after a time jump.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Just wondering what you guys think.
    It's probably been discussed to death here, but I found a youtube video where they detail how the TWD zombies are decaying more from season to season. They even note the typical stages of a bodies decay:
    • initial decay
    • putrefaction
    • black putrefaction / active decay
    • butyric fermentation / decay
    • dry decay / bones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xEJusROWN4&t=700s

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Level
    Damn. Negative rude ass people even when sharing ideas. Y'all need to chill. Just because you get to be anonymous over the internet doesn't mean you should be all rude and shit.

If the people replying to this thread are an indication of the majority and that the show tries to stick with realism, everyone will end up killing each other over who's favorite fucking color is better or some dumb shit.

Personally, the idea of rebuilding society is pretty realistic. Humanity gets beat down, people get back up and rebuild. Time and time again.

I think, for the show, it'd be funny and ironic if the last of the walkers die out and everyone has to go through this brain stabbing process when people die (because the virus is dormant in everyone). And they just cut to a scene where someone dies in their sleep, like Rick, and he just bites Michonne, and they start the new apocalypse as fucking zombies lmfaooooo. I mean, everyone is saying the walkers will die out but that isn't very logical if new walkers are made when people reanimate when they die regardless of bites. The only way they could eradicate walkers is to come up with a vaccine that prevents you from turning when you die. Otherwise there will always be the risk of people dying naturally in their sleep or something and go biting people etc.

The comics should definitely end with Carl taking Rick's place after he dies. That's it. Carl overlooking his community should be the last panel of the comic. Nothing afterwards. They can do a new series if they wish to show Carl's reign but I think that's pretty cut and dry to just leave it off there. He'll lead in Rick's image anyways.

I can see the show ending with Rick on the phone but this time he's not crazy, he's really talking on the phone cause they've rebuilt that much lmao. Just kidding. I'm not sure how it'll end. But Kirkman himself said he won't reveal the origins of the virus. So that's not gonna happen. And a cure is way overdone. A utopia is pretty outdone as well. But if they do it in a unique way, I'd be okay. Kirkman originally wanted aliens involved. So I do honestly think it'd be a cool reference to have them maybe move to the moon. Add some sci-fi in. Idk. Just anything different and relatively original. I get that we don't have the tech to do that. But still, just literally anything that's worthy of a finale. That's not been done by other popular zombie movies.

Perhaps they find out the government is somewhere safe and the surviving citizens finally do what we all wish to do and stick it to the corrupt government. Maybe they set sail to another country. Maybe they're being watched by wealthy elites like the fucking Hunger Games. Who the hell knows lmfao. I can't even think of a fitting way that's also original for this show to end honestly.

I do feel like it'll be incredibly ambiguous and feel lackluster when it comes down to the end. Just cause the series is so huge and we all have really big expectations when it comes to series finales.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by spookysenpai View Post
    Damn. Negative rude ass people even when sharing ideas. Y'all need to chill. Just because you get to be anonymous over the internet doesn't mean you should be all rude and shit.

If the people replying to this thread are an indication of the majority and that the show tries to stick with realism, everyone will end up killing each other over who's favorite fucking color is better or some dumb shit.

Personally, the idea of rebuilding society is pretty realistic. Humanity gets beat down, people get back up and rebuild. Time and time again.

I think, for the show, it'd be funny and ironic if the last of the walkers die out and everyone has to go through this brain stabbing process when people die (because the virus is dormant in everyone). And they just cut to a scene where someone dies in their sleep, like Rick, and he just bites Michonne, and they start the new apocalypse as fucking zombies lmfaooooo. I mean, everyone is saying the walkers will die out but that isn't very logical if new walkers are made when people reanimate when they die regardless of bites. The only way they could eradicate walkers is to come up with a vaccine that prevents you from turning when you die. Otherwise there will always be the risk of people dying naturally in their sleep or something and go biting people etc.

The comics should definitely end with Carl taking Rick's place after he dies. That's it. Carl overlooking his community should be the last panel of the comic. Nothing afterwards. They can do a new series if they wish to show Carl's reign but I think that's pretty cut and dry to just leave it off there. He'll lead in Rick's image anyways.

I can see the show ending with Rick on the phone but this time he's not crazy, he's really talking on the phone cause they've rebuilt that much lmao. Just kidding. I'm not sure how it'll end. But Kirkman himself said he won't reveal the origins of the virus. So that's not gonna happen. And a cure is way overdone. A utopia is pretty outdone as well. But if they do it in a unique way, I'd be okay. Kirkman originally wanted aliens involved. So I do honestly think it'd be a cool reference to have them maybe move to the moon. Add some sci-fi in. Idk. Just anything different and relatively original. I get that we don't have the tech to do that. But still, just literally anything that's worthy of a finale. That's not been done by other popular zombie movies.

Perhaps they find out the government is somewhere safe and the surviving citizens finally do what we all wish to do and stick it to the corrupt government. Maybe they set sail to another country. Maybe they're being watched by wealthy elites like the fucking Hunger Games. Who the hell knows lmfao. I can't even think of a fitting way that's also original for this show to end honestly.

I do feel like it'll be incredibly ambiguous and feel lackluster when it comes down to the end. Just cause the series is so huge and we all have really big expectations when it comes to series finales.
    I know. Don't know what is not a boring ending to them. For me finding a cure or someone being inmune is stupid af. The survivors don't care about that. They care about survivng and building a world to their image. Who the hell would want goverments or society like it was to go back to normal after eveyting they been, FUCK NOBODY. I always dreamed of a normal ending. Rick dies in peace or in a good way but he still is present in the story as a Moises like figure. Rick FUCKING Grimes

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by InfinityGrimes View Post
    I know. Don't know what is not a boring ending to them. For me finding a cure or someone being inmune is stupid af. The survivors don't care about that. They care about survivng and building a world to their image. Who the hell would want goverments or society like it was to go back to normal after eveyting they been, FUCK NOBODY. I always dreamed of a normal ending. Rick dies in peace or in a good way but he still is present in the story as a Moises like figure. Rick FUCKING Grimes
    Yeah I can't see a new world being built without statues and shit of the people that brought the communities together. I mean look at us now lmao. We got a statue for everything. You invented the peanut? Here's a statue. Slaughtered a large portion of native American Indians? Statue lmao. Its pretty terrible.

Maybe it ends with Rick signing The New Constitution along with other leaders lmao. Idk but I'm on board with them honoring Rick Grimes as a leader. And also rebuilding. I think rebuilding is definitely a given, just because that's natural progression. Dunno how they'd turn that into a stellar finale though.

I just don't want that classic aerial shot that most zombie movies do. Like oh look the sun is rising and they're merrily building houses. I'm just not into that. It was good the first time. Not the hundred times after. I'd personally like shots of the surviving characters doing the things they always wanted or something so fitting for their character. I think, to me at least, the most gratifying thing would be seeing the characters I love at the end, doing shit that they love.

To me, the shows always been about the characters. The characters I got invested in more so than the overarching message of humanity. So maybe we see Rick being a sheriff again, in a way. Arresting people like how Negan is locked up in the comics. Idk. Just super hoping whatever it is blows me away. And is new. Doesn't fall into trope traps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123