Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I've wanted snow in TWD for years. Snow was such a big part of the comic at one point. It's too bad there was no snow in the first season because I think of all the showrunners Darabont could have gotten away with it with there only being 6 episodes and no AMC control.
    I think snow would have been nice too. It would have been fun to see walkers in the snow and ice. At the pace they're going, if they ever decide to move north, it would be season 300 before they ever made it to New England or Canada.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    570 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAScientist View Post
    I think snow would have been nice too. It would have been fun to see walkers in the snow and ice. At the pace they're going, if they ever decide to move north, it would be season 300 before they ever made it to New England or Canada.
    It's weird that they won't though because from my understanding it is dirt cheap to film in Canada. Like half of the live action US shows on television are filmed in Canada.

They wouldn't have to pay for snow. It's March and I still have snow. lol.

Also, there is a lot of trees so it's not like they can't still have their beloved trees.

I guess for me as a Canadian I want to see snow because it's such a big thing where I live. I can't relate to hot sweaty Georgia weather. I don't know what that feels like. I know what snow and cold feels like though. Plus I think it could be a cool obstacle added to TWD not just for the walkers trying to navigate through the snow (and getting frozen) but also the survivors trying to survive a winter.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    They wouldn’t even have to go north for snow. There’s snow in the DC/Virginia area almost every year. You’re right about the pace. Snow won’t ever happen if the shows only advanced a few weeks in the last three seasons.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    It's weird that they won't though because from my understanding it is dirt cheap to film in Canada. Like half of the live action US shows on television are filmed in Canada.

They wouldn't have to pay for snow. It's March and I still have snow. lol.

Also, there is a lot of trees so it's not like they can't still have their beloved trees.

I guess for me as a Canadian I want to see snow because it's such a big thing where I live. I can't relate to hot sweaty Georgia weather. I don't know what that feels like. I know what snow and cold feels like though. Plus I think it could be a cool obstacle added to TWD not just for the walkers trying to navigate through the snow (and getting frozen) but also the survivors trying to survive a winter.
    Surviving winter would be a huge hurdle for them, especially if they're on the run.

I'd advocate for filming in Canada as well. Our summers get just as hot as Georgia, but we also get frigid temps and snow in the winter. We truly have four seasons in Ontario. Forests around here look the same as the ones they use down there. I wouldn't complain about them filming here. Riverdale, Handmaid's Tale, X-Files, Orphan Black, and I'm sure there are others. Suicide Squad was filmed in Toronto. Bring them over here.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    They wouldn’t even have to go north for snow. There’s snow in the DC/Virginia area almost every year. You’re right about the pace. Snow won’t ever happen if the shows only advanced a few weeks in the last three seasons.
    True that there's snow south of NE but winter lasts longer the farther north one goes. Not that it would matter as by the time they start filming (May), there's no snow anywhere in the US unless they decide to trek in the mountains. I can't see them shelling out the $ for that though so if we ever see snow, it will probably be cotton balls, styrofoam, and some terrible cgi mixed in

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hoogie View Post
    Surviving winter would be a huge hurdle for them, especially if they're on the run.

I'd advocate for filming in Canada as well. Our summers get just as hot as Georgia, but we also get frigid temps and snow in the winter. We truly have four seasons in Ontario. Forests around here look the same as the ones they use down there. I wouldn't complain about them filming here. Riverdale, Handmaid's Tale, X-Files, Orphan Black, and I'm sure there are others. Suicide Squad was filmed in Toronto. Bring them over here.
    I think Haven was filmed in Canada as well.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Level
    True that there's snow south of NE but winter lasts longer the farther north one goes. Not that it would matter as by the time they start filming (May), there's no snow anywhere in the US unless they decide to trek in the mountains. I can't see them shelling out the $ for that though so if we ever see snow, it will probably be cotton balls, styrofoam, and some terrible cgi mixed in

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure there are many more.

They wouldn't have to start filming that much earlier to get snow. As long as the temps aren't too high above freezing, they could augment it by using the same snow making machines that ski hills use.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    570 Post(s)
    Level
    Nova Scotia. That's also where the Trailer Park Boys is filmed (Lahey's actor appeared in both shows). That Mist show that was on not too long ago I believe was also filmed in Nova Scotia.

Oh, also, all of those CW super hero shows film in BC. Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow. Even Smallville filmed there.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Level
    I think the snow would be great also no heat, shelter, getting stuck while on a run etc.. would add to the tension. Do you think extreme cold or being buried in snow would kill the walkers? It seems like it would damage/destroy the brain.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Deadweight Good Times Good Time's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryGold View Post
    I think the snow would be great also no heat, shelter, getting stuck while on a run etc.. would add to the tension..

^^^^^^^^^^^^ LISTEN to this, show writers, if you're there! This would get back to what made the show so good to begin with. The existing tension and vulnerability.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Level
    Even without walkers it would be interesting to see them trying to survive a winter with their lack of supplies. Add in some walker-related tension (try walking through a snow drift not knowing if there's a walker underneath!) & it could be a great series of episodes.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast