Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by booksrbetter View Post
    IMO Daryl ensured Dwight's safety by removing him from Saviors (who would see him as someone who betrayed all of them by aligning with their enemies). Most of the saviors might be relieved by the end of Negan's rule but there are bound to be some who liked being in charge and making their slaves do all the work.
    Dwight is not the ultimate good guy here. He Ddid Negan's bidding. He killed Denise and certainly aided Negan's capture of all those at the lineup. He tortured Daryl because he was ordered to by Negan. Daryl wanted him gone but he didn't take him out to murder him. Daryl recognized that Dwight loved Sherry and may be he deserved a chance to go find his girl. Look at Dwight when he finds Sherry's letter. He was a happy man. A man on a mission.
    Daryl let his mercy overcome his wrath. He showed some growth in doing that.
    I don't know if it was Daryl's intent to ensure Dwight's safety, but you're right. As Negan told Dwight, he had the respect of the people of the Sanctuary and now he had nothing. Whether happy, angry, or anything in between about the fall of Negan, Dwight betrayed them and killed a few of them in the process. His redemption in my eyes and in the eyes of characters such as Tara is his condemnation in the eyes of those he betrayed.

I was so happy for him when he read Sherry's letter.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassenach View Post
    So why banish him, after everything he did for Rick and his people? Even Negan admitted that Dwight didn't sell them out on purpose.

And did Daryl just take it upon himself to send him away, or was everyone on board with that? I mean, even Tara had decided Dwight was helping her when he shot her instead of letting Simon do it.
    Dwights a traitorous piece of shit and I'm glad he's gone. I just wish Daryl left with him so we'd be rid of both crossbow carrying fucks.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Dwight has to be back on one show or the other. They can't just let his plot dangle like Heath.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    In all honesty it was a step up for Daryl. Hes been saying for two seasons now that hes going to kill Dwight, no matter what. Daryl saw that Dwight did help them like he said he was and helped them defeat Negan. Plus, Sherry helped Daryl escape and Daryl knows everything Dwight did was for her. So instead of killing him like he said he was, he decided to let him have another chance by banishing him so he could find his wife. It makes sense 100% and its what I wouldve done too.

Rick sparing Negan was way worse than Daryl banishing Dwight imo

- - - Updated - - -

And I realized their final scene is just like how they met, just him and Daryl (minus sherry even tho she was mentioned). And instead of stealing his bike, Daryl gives him the keys to a truck. Somewhat poetic in a way. If this is Dwights final send off then Im good with it. I dont think this is the last well see if Dwight tho.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Level
    Dwight got cut so Daryl can have his story. Prob doesn't help that Amelio is at the center of the lawsuit about the deceased stuntman.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123