1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Occasional Proud Apologist Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1208 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by F1R3H4WK View Post
    Yeah like when Nick was eating the protein bar and asked Morgan if he liked peanut butter. Way too on the nose with that one.

It's interesting how passive the Vultures are - obviously a fitting name for their group. They'll antagonize but they won't attack. I could see Rick choosing to wipe them out while they sit like assholes in that parking lot. Even when Nick was clearly going to attack that one guy in the present, he just went about his business. Weird instincts for an apocalypse - you'd expect them to be more defensive. Like he just told Morgan to keep walking instead of registering him as a threat and attacking.

I wonder if they just don't have ammo or what - but if they came upon Rick's group or the Saviors they would get bent over backwards.
    Yes, vultures - scavenging birds of prey - is an appropriate name for that group. They remind me of Jadis's "we take, we don't bother" motto. According to wikipedia: "Vultures rarely attack healthy animals, but may kill the wounded or sick." Sounds like our guys camped outside the diamond waiting patiently for Madison's group to weaken. I wonder if Charlie brought those weevils in and put them on Nick's crops.

Anyway, it sounds like these guys might be playing some kind of mind game. When in a ZA and not motivated to take the initiative leaving them with little else to do, I suppose what they're doing is an entertaining diversion. At least they didn't set up easels in the parking lot and start painting.

Aside from the protein bars and looking at the flowers, we had a callback to Beth's hitting Officer Gorman in the head with the candy jar when Ennis hit Nick in the head with the pimiento jar.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Based on this week's Talking Dead, the show runners for FTWD definitely wrote a lot of references to WD. They said there are going to be WD easter eggs throughout S4 of FTWD.

I'm sure they think they are being clever.

Spoiler Spoiler:

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Level
    The fact that Ennis and Charlie were still out scavenging just like before, makes me think the rest of them are still sitting outside the diamond in the "present" part of the story
    @Beatrice if you're right about Charlie sabotaging the crops, then its also possible that Mel was lying that those tanks exploded on their own. I hope they don't go that way though

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRightHandMan View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    They certainly aren't. It's actually getting annoying how many references FTWD has for TWD. I get Morgan talking about it a little in the first episode but they just keep at it every time he's on screen.

That Michonne reference with Morgan was them trying way too hard. It was the third fucking episode. Knock that shit off. Maybe it could have been a cool little moment a season or two down the line referencing Michonne randomly but every episode it's just Walking Dead this and Walking Dead that. No wonder Frank Dillane wanted out. This is probably what he feared. If Kim Dickens left this may have been what she saw too. FTWD is being turned in to TWD's bitch. Even Nick's death was an obvious reference to Stoopit Carol with the whole "look at the flowers" thing. Gimple hired little Gimple fanboys that he can control like puppets and when they do their own thing they just want to reference their hero's work and make him proud. If you watch Talking Dead they spent like 5 minutes talking about how when they were planning out Season 4 they started talking about "The Grove" a lot. Jaysus christ. 3 fucking episodes and Gimple is all fucking over it. Morgan, Carol's cameo and references to Carol and Gimple's weird obsession with crazy little kids.

Oh, and Nick's final moments as he lays there dying with everyone surrounding him forced to watch with nothing they can really do did feel a little like Dale's death too. I don't like Nick dying but I did kinda like that only because we haven't seen a death presented like that in a long time but it was ruined by the fact that it was Nick and it's just getting to be too much. Fear was great because it had it's own ideas and I don't even mind re-using ideas because you obviously can't be original 100% of the time but you don't need to reference shit left and right. When you do that you are presenting the show as lesser than the other show. I mean, it's not like we are going to have any fear references popping up on the OG show.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Level
    Alicia crawling underneath that SWAT vehicle was a callback to Rick underneath the tank in the pilot episode too.

It's too bad they're doing this, but despite that, this show has been very good so far

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Level
    It has surprisingly but i'm still keeping my guard up because there has been some stuff that has been annoying me and we are only 3 episodes in. I'm super fucking worried they are going to start talking in Gimple speak. Morgan already does but I'm worried about the others.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe its just me but I'm not all that interested in the Vultures at this point. I will say that they're better than the Wolves though.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Occasional Proud Apologist Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1208 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAScientist View Post
    Maybe its just me but I'm not all that interested in the Vultures at this point. I will say that they're better than the Wolves though.
    Vultures are pretty boring. I thought the Wolves had a lot of wasted potential. They were a lot crazier and off the wall. Right now I'm not experiencing the fascination with the Vultures.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Level
    I actually kinda like idea of The Vultures I just wish they weren't douchebag hipsters. Gimple just refuses to use normal people in these bad guy groups these days.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Level
    It is working for them though for now. They don't look like they're starving. But what will they do when they have to start hunting for and growing food? They don't look the type.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12