1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Gotham just got renewed for a shortened final season! :D

Makes sense even though it gets better with every season so I'm really loving it right now. I think the story could easily be wrapped up in a half sized season because the show already feels like it's wrapping up. It feels like it's about 80 to 85% done.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Thats good news. Gotham really became a great show and at least it’s going to get a proper ending.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    Network TV is such a joke, now. Even if I didn't like Lucifer.

Gotham has been renewed for a final and shortened season which is stupid.

$$$ over quality
    Yeah, it is. I'm thankful that i don't watch much tv on there now with the cancelations.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    Network TV is such a joke, now. Even if I didn't like Lucifer.

Gotham has been renewed for a final and shortened season which is stupid.

$$$ over quality
    Fox is notorious for canceling TV shows. They cancel pretty much everything that doesn't have insane ratings.

My guess is the only reason Gotham was saved was because WB really pushed for it and made some sort of deal with Fox because they know a Batman show will do well in DVD/Blu Ray and streaming for many many years. Even shows that got higher ratings than Gotham won't have the same success once they are no longer on TV because most people move on and forget about shit but Batman is a franchise that will never die so people will always go back to it looking for past things to watch. It also helps that it was only a few episodes away from 100 eps which means syndication.

But yeah, this week felt like a TV bloodbath. I can't remember ever seeing this many shows getting canceled. I thankfully didn't lose much. I got the 2 renewed that I wanted which was iZombie and Gotham and Last Man Standing is returning which is cool. The show I lost that hurts the most is Ash vs Evil Dead which was my #2 or #3 show on all of television but that got canceled a few weeks ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    Thats good news. Gotham really became a great show and at least it’s going to get a proper ending.
    I prefer shorter seasons anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Şωɛɛȶ Ɗҽʂƚɾυƈƚιɳ View Post
    I hate fox right now since they canceled Lucifer and the Exorcist. They could've given series finales for both but they didn't and it hurt a lot, especially with Lucifer.
    I try not to watch many shows on Fox because of their track record. They are fucking notorious for canceling everything.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm so glad they at least are giving Gotham a short season to wrap it up. I think it would be better than trying to drag it further and then just randomly canceling it.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ash vs. Evil Dead is also a big hit to my list of things that I watch now. Didn't need to be canceled.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by spookygato View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Level
    I was pretty pissed that Fox cancelled Last Man on Earth and Brooklyn 99. Both are up there on my watch lists. I'm glad that NBC scooped up Brooklyn 99 though.

Still pissed about Last Man on Earth though. It was far too weird to be popular, but I loved that show.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Fox is notorious for canceling TV shows. They cancel pretty much everything that doesn't have insane ratings.

My guess is the only reason Gotham was saved was because WB really pushed for it and made some sort of deal with Fox because they know a Batman show will do well in DVD/Blu Ray and streaming for many many years. Even shows that got higher ratings than Gotham won't have the same success once they are no longer on TV because most people move on and forget about shit but Batman is a franchise that will never die so people will always go back to it looking for past things to watch. It also helps that it was only a few episodes away from 100 eps which means syndication.

But yeah, this week felt like a TV bloodbath. I can't remember ever seeing this many shows getting canceled. I thankfully didn't lose much. I got the 2 renewed that I wanted which was iZombie and Gotham and Last Man Standing is returning which is cool. The show I lost that hurts the most is Ash vs Evil Dead which was my #2 or #3 show on all of television but that got canceled a few weeks ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer shorter seasons anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

I try not to watch many shows on Fox because of their track record. They are fucking notorious for canceling everything.
    Yeah, evil dead fucking killed me.
    I usually didn't either but I loved the comics so I checked it out and fell in love with the show. :( I bet the bible humping fucks are happy because they've been trying to get it canceled for years.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Level
    I wish someone like Netflix could pick Gotham up. It's a shame that they're ending it now that it's better than it's ever been.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Level
    Kind of annoying how Last Man Standing is constantly called a conservative sitcom.

It's not a conservative sitcom. It's a conservative FRIENDLY sitcom. There is a difference. Both sides are represented in the family. So many people write something off because it's not 100% for only them.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Level
    Yet dancin with the fuckwads is headin towards season 26 if that isn't a indictment of American culture I don't know what is

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast