Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1739 Post(s)
    Level
    Very happy for Mike Smith. Been a fan of his for a long long time. I do kind wish they would quit horse racing all together though. It is a sad sad sport for beautiful creatures.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree with one of my relatives who breeds horses. He loves his animals and makes sure they are well cared-for. Some are bred for racing, and some are therapy animals. Either they're one or the other, not both, by nature ~ doing what they do naturally. His philosophy is that horse-racing isn't cruel ~ it's people who can be cruel.

In any case, it was thrilling watching Justify make history!

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1739 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree it is the people that are the cruel ones. I grew up with my dad training horses and heard and saw things that would blow your mind. I just love horses so much i just want to see them all safe and happy. And Justify is a special horse and a beautiful old soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feelin' Groovy View Post
    I agree with one of my relatives who breeds horses. He loves his animals and makes sure they are well cared-for. Some are bred for racing, and some are therapy animals. Either they're one or the other, not both, by nature ~ doing what they do naturally. His philosophy is that horse-racing isn't cruel ~ it's people who can be cruel.

In any case, it was thrilling watching Justify make history!

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah people are cruel not animals. Which is why dog fightings illegal. In the end it's no fuckin different the animals are bred,used, and disposed of for entertainment. The argument that this ones okay but that ones not is a non starter. Hell of a lot douchebags like dog racing, go ahead and take a look at that horror business and call it a sport. Again Fuck Bob Baffert

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    Yeah people are cruel not animals. Which is why dog fightings illegal. In the end it's no fuckin different the animals are bred,used, and disposed of for entertainment. The argument that this ones okay but that ones not is a non starter. Hell of a lot douchebags like dog racing, go ahead and take a look at that horror business and call it a sport. Again Fuck Bob Baffert
    Wow, I never expected you to have any compassion, let alone for animals. Thank God horses don't fight, lol.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Level
    Wow, I never expected you to have any compassion, let alone for animals. Thank God horses don't fight, lol.
    Im am nothing but compassion. And no horses don't fight which is why it's disheartening to see what these cocksuckers do to them.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1207 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    I was just getting ready to post that while dog fighting is illegal, dog racing is not. There's cruelty in that, as well.

There's cruelty inherent in everything we do and exhibited in a lot of it, even in our speaking.

All I know of horse psychology is what I've seen in movies and maybe read in a couple of horse biographies, so I don't know if horses in the normal course of enjoying their lives like to race and chase each other in the wild. They have to do something in addition to eating sleeping, mating, and raising their young, and if they show a natural proclivity to some activity that humans can attach to their own amusement while breeding and training some of the horses that have a history of having done it well, and then doing that while being kind to the animals, why not? That question was rhetorical.

The best chances of these activities being done humanely is keeping them in the open and subjecting them to scrutiny - all but PETA's, that is.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1207 Post(s)
    Level

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    So horse racing is off limits too? People have gotten so soft it's a joke.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12