9 18.37%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I am hopeful for the show. They replaced a weak lead, Kim Dickens is great in supporting roles but she only has 2 facial expressions sad and constipated, with 3 potentially more interesting Characters. Not including Morgan because while Lennie James is a good actor Morgans on again off again mental issue's are old and boring to watch. He will only be good if he gets strong steady writing .

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    They replaced a weak lead, Kim Dickens is great in supporting roles but she only has 2 facial expressions sad and constipated, with 3 potentially more interesting Characters.
    I don't see Kim as a weak lead. Maybe some of her acting work wasn't as good as it supposed to be but in general she was carying this show on her shoulders pretty well, especially if we talk about season 3. With a proper material to work with, Dickens can be very good and she showed us that in the last episode. I was completly "into" Madison as a lead from the very beginning. Replacing her with someone else was just unnecessary, both in the case of the actress and in the case of character. In comparision, Andrew Lincoln is a fantastic actor with incredible varied acting skills; I have an incredible big admiration for him. But on the other hand, he never earned my interest as Rick. If he would be replaced by someone else on such early stage of TWD developmpent, I wouldn't even care.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Level
    This is some kind of a joke. I wasn't a big fan of Madison because I'm not a fan of Kim Dicken's acting, but COME ON, she was THE leader of the show. She was FTWD's Rick. And so soon after Nick who was basically the only other main character on this show sounds like a very stupid joke.

What is this show without them? Oh are we supposed to think it's ok because Alicia's left. Please! She's nowhere near being as interesting as Nick for example and on top of that they're completely ruining her this season.

FTWD isn't FTWD anymore. This is just beyond ridiculous. And I don't care that John is a good addition to the cast. I would exchange anyone new for the old cast just so it stays the show that we liked.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    This season has Gimple written all over it, Unfortunately. As soon as they started messing with the straight-forward storytelling of FTWD and introduced playing with time, the change in cinematography, and the new gimmicky characters (hipster vultures, zombie apocalypse-documenting reporters, the characters all of a sudden needing to be "good" people, blah blah blah), I knew it was going to take a turn for the worse.
    Not sure why Frank Dillane wanted off the show, but tbh if I had known of all the changes they were going to make to the show, I'd probably want to leave too.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    570 Post(s)
    Level
    I literally cannot think of a worse way this season could have played out for me.

1. Dave Erickson (the best showrunner in TWD history) Fired.
    2. Scott Gimple and 2 Gimple fanboys take over for Dave.
    3. It is announced that Morgan is joining the show. One of the worst characters of the last few seasons of the OG show. (and characters such as stoopit carol from the main show make a cameo confirming that yes Fear The Walking Dead will always be The Walking Dead's bitch)
    4. A massive unnecessary time jump happens just so Morgan can join the show and mostly ignores Season 3 (the best season) and characters that were introduced last season like Proctor John, Walker, Walker's friend and that girl Alicia met are nowhere to be seen. Even the ending of S3 never really went anywhere. There was a few hints to S3 like Nick's PTSD or w/e but it was kinda pointless because it never went anywhere because of where they were taking his story.
    4. The show airs and immediately something feels off because they aren't focusing on the characters we've known for the past 3 seasons.
    5. They started playing with time the entire first half of the season. You guys know how much I hate that shit.
    6. They killed Nick randomly. I get the actor wanted out but that doesn't make it suck less. Especially since he may have stuck around if Gimple didn't take Erickson's job.
    7. They waste an entire episode on John and Naomi or w/e the fuck her name is now. I'm not saying the characters suck but they were too new to be given an entire episode to themselves.
    8. The Vultures didn't really do anything.
    9. Then they fucking kill Maddie. The last S1 lead character. That's totally unforgivable especially knowing that she never wanted to leave. To make it even worse it was underwhelming as fuck that they dragged that out the whole first half of the season. You thought for sure she'd still be alive BECAUSE they were dragging it out. This isn't Sophia. This is your main character and to make it even more fucking worse than that Morgan (Gimple's favorite toy) is probably taking her spot.
    10. Daniel is most likely gonna return later on in the season and it's gonna be the same fucking storyline as before where he just keeps surviving everything only it's gonna be worse because I'm not looking forward to Morgan getting all preachy with Daniel.

Did I forget anything? This season could not have been worse. And it's not the fault of the cast. I think most characters on the show right now are pretty solid. Even the new characters are great. The only characters I don't like are Morgan and Luciana because nobody gives a fuck about Luciana. I kinda hate the girl too though that at least is intentional. I think. I liked some of the ideas of this season on paper but everything was executed so poorly and had terrible endings.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    well this whole first part of season 4 (which should end now) has been like a really really bad reshooting of things we have seen over and over again
    on TWD Glad as hell that madison is gone and dead couldn't stand her and now they got alicia doing the same damn faces so why do we need another
    woman with same acting they can kill alicia off at end of season 4
    I just love how the 3 morons keep shooting it up with everyone and anyone cannot follow the logic of this script writing but then again it is idiot boy gimple
    I struggled watching this thing and when it ended I was hoping that there was no dumpster close where we get insulted with that whole BS again
    What is with their horrible show music and it sounded like a take off from that other zombie show
    They should just give up the zombie thing I think we are all over it on both shows

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123