1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

No Renewal for Fear=Combine with TWD? Maybe 9B?

In past two seasons AMC always renewed Fear in April, but this year Fear hasn't get renewed. Besides both shows are losing their leading characters, so it will be smart to join forces.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Once Morgan got there it got me thinking - it will be frustrating if there is ever any plot points about them needing to finding a good shelter/society to live in because the obvious solution will just be to tell them about Alexandria/Hilltop. I guess the obvious might happen. It would be a major bummer to see the shows join up, but I guess it would be better than FTWD being cancelled.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    570 Post(s)
    Level
    No.

I do think Morgan may return though.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I would rather have Morgan be the lead instead of Daryl or Carol

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by nb021 View Post
    I would rather have Morgan be the lead instead of Daryl or Carol
    Me too.

- - - Updated - - -

I really hope not since the spin-off is better and the other show only has Negan and Carol for characters that I actually like. I really don't want Daryl, Rosita, Eugene and all those other useless stupid characters crossing over and I definitely don't want all my faves from fear being killed off in favor of protecting worthless Daryl and I definitely don't want them losing screentime for the walking dead fucks.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I hope they fully crossover. The Walking Dead at least has a story but is losing its best and most important characters in Rick and Maggie. Without those 2, the show is on its deathbed. Fear the Walking Dead just likes to kill its main characters and their plot doesnt have focus, but they have build some solid characters. It sucks that Madison and Rick wont be able to interact though.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by nb021 View Post
    I hope they fully crossover. The Walking Dead at least has a story but is losing its best and most important characters in Rick and Maggie. Without those 2, the show is on its deathbed. Fear the Walking Dead just likes to kill its main characters and their plot doesn’t have focus, but they have build some solid characters. It sucks that Madison and Rick won’t be able to interact though.
    No thanks

Its a dumb idea destined to fail

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    No thanks

Its a dumb idea destined to fail
    Can't be any worse than it is now

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I think a merge is definitely possible.

Honestly, I think one of the main reasons for the crossover and the time jump was to set up future crossovers. But with the falling ratings and loss of main characters for both shows, TPTB may have decided to make it a merge and make it happen sooner.

And I think that regardless of personal desire to see a merge happen, it makes sense story-wise based on how 4A ended. The stadium is full of walkers, and no one seems to be too keen on trying to clear it out and make it habitable again. Morgan seems to be done running from people and specifically mentioned what Rick told him before he left about ending up with people eventually. So he may be ready to go back to Alexandria.

Madison's whole story in 4A was about protecting her kids and her group and finding a place they could make a life in. That's going to be her legacy and I'm sure whoever becomes the lead in 4B is going to eventually try to continue that legacy. Coincidentally, Morgan knows of not just one place like that but several, and John and Althea know about them, too. There's no reason why he wouldn't tell the rest of the group.

I think 4B will start out with everyone just trying to survive on the road while also dealing with interpersonal issues that need to be addressed (Charlie killing Nick, Alicia trying to kill Naomi/June, Alicia shooting John) along with Alicia, Strand, and Luci still grieving Madi and Nick. But unless they meet another group or one of them (Althea?) knows of a safe community that's relatively close by, I could see 4B involving the group deciding to go to Virginia and the beginning of their journey there.

Personally, I think a merge is coming and sooner rather than later. But if the last season of TWD has taught me anything it's that you can never predict what TPTB are gonna do.

I also had a thought that they may bring the Fear group to Alexandria, end the main show, and have the merge happen under Fear. That way AMC could still get the most out of all of their investments in the Senoia, Ga area while getting away from all the lawsuits associated with the main show. But that's a crackpot/tinfoil hat/2 am theory.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by miltonthebutler View Post
    I think a merge is definitely possible.

Honestly, I think one of the main reasons for the crossover and the time jump was to set up future crossovers. But with the falling ratings and loss of main characters for both shows, TPTB may have decided to make it a merge and make it happen sooner.

And I think that regardless of personal desire to see a merge happen, it makes sense story-wise based on how 4A ended. The stadium is full of walkers, and no one seems to be too keen on trying to clear it out and make it habitable again. Morgan seems to be done running from people and specifically mentioned what Rick told him before he left about ending up with people eventually. So he may be ready to go back to Alexandria.

Madison's whole story in 4A was about protecting her kids and her group and finding a place they could make a life in. That's going to be her legacy and I'm sure whoever becomes the lead in 4B is going to eventually try to continue that legacy. Coincidentally, Morgan knows of not just one place like that but several, and John and Althea know about them, too. There's no reason why he wouldn't tell the rest of the group.

I think 4B will start out with everyone just trying to survive on the road while also dealing with interpersonal issues that need to be addressed (Charlie killing Nick, Alicia trying to kill Naomi/June, Alicia shooting John) along with Alicia, Strand, and Luci still grieving Madi and Nick. But unless they meet another group or one of them (Althea?) knows of a safe community that's relatively close by, I could see 4B involving the group deciding to go to Virginia and the beginning of their journey there.

Personally, I think a merge is coming and sooner rather than later. But if the last season of TWD has taught me anything it's that you can never predict what TPTB are gonna do.

I also had a thought that they may bring the Fear group to Alexandria, end the main show, and have the merge happen under Fear. That way AMC could still get the most out of all of their investments in the Senoia, Ga area while getting away from all the lawsuits associated with the main show. But that's a crackpot/tinfoil hat/2 am theory.
    Ugh but then we get all the shit writers from TWD in charge of the awesome fear characters and I think that is just a nightmarish idea.