Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    I find the notion that Kim Dickens is a bad actress hilarious, I encourage people to watch this great show called Deadwood.

one thing that baffles me is probably 75% of the fanbase constantly complained that Madison was a boring character and that Kim couldn't pull off that role specifically but nobody everyone is up in arms about it

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    I find the notion that Kim Dickens is a bad actress hilarious, I encourage people to watch this great show called Deadwood.

one thing that baffles me is probably 75% of the fanbase constantly complained that Madison was a boring character and that Kim couldn't pull off that role specifically but nobody everyone is up in arms about it
    Dude, I've said it plenty of times over the years that she used to be a good actress but on fear she didn't seem to try.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1207 Post(s)
    Level
    She acted with perfection the character she was written to play. As someone who'd had enough training to become a guidance counselor and enough demons in her early life to have overcome in order to have a "normal" life, she's a cool cucumber, focuses on the issues at hand, and leads. Any falling apart she might do would be (and was) done privately (e.g., Travis's death). I don't know what people wanted or expected from the portrayal of that character, but what she delivered is what she should have delivered.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    She acted with perfection the character she was written to play. As someone who'd had enough training to become a guidance counselor and enough demons in her early life to have overcome in order to have a "normal" life, she's a cool cucumber, focuses on the issues at hand, and leads. Any falling apart she might do would be (and was) done privately (e.g., Travis's death). I don't know what people wanted or expected from the portrayal of that character, but what she delivered is what she should have delivered.
    Thank you SO much for understanding this!! People are so quick to jump on the "terrible actress" bandwagon because she's not Rick Grimes with a vag. This character was NEVER meant to be Rick Grimes' California sibling. Everything about her was carefully thought out, and I suspect that a lot of her behavior stems from defense and coping mechanisms learned very early on due to the trauma and abuse she suffered growing up, which sadly now we'll never get to learn about.

I'm still really upset and disappointed about how Gimple fucked over Kim, but I think what it might also come down to DOES have to do with ageism, except in the outward appearance department. As much as I adore Kim, she DOES look her age, it shows. Jenna Elfman for example, even though she's only a few years younger, just has a much more youthful appearance. If we're thinking along the lines of "sex sells" then they're going to want to be "out with the old and in with the new". I HATE IT, but if Gimple really thinks that he can turn Fear into some kind of lifesaving device for TWD, first thing he'll probably want to do is get someone that he can slap on magazine covers.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    What? I forget about these shows for a couple months and check in to find this one killed off its two main characters? I'm gonna go google how they died. God damn.

Oooh. He wanted his character killed. I get that. How about Madison...

Never mind. I'm bored of it now.

I think if I watched this show now I would recognize six characters. I only stopped watching part way into season 3. Anyway, hopefully everyone gets better acting jobs from all this at least.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123