Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level

FTWD Renewed for Season 5

Today AMC announced that FTWD was renewed for season 5. Here's the link:

https://deadline.com/2018/07/fear-th...ca-1202435833/

Gimple continued, “We want to make sure Fear has its own identity, so the Walker gags are different. Everything that we do we want to make sure you get a different experience.”
    That is funny... By "it's own identity" he means forcing Morgan as a lead character as hard as they can and change Fear into TWD vol. 2.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    The fact that it took this long to announce the renewal as opposed to previous times shows that the situation is not that good though,i think this is Fear's last chance,if they still pull the same ratings next year it's done,but hey 5 seasons for a spinoff show isn't bad, that's basically almost half the seasons that the main show has .

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow17 View Post
    The fact that it took this long to announce the renewal as opposed to previous times shows that the situation is not that good though,i think this is Fear's last chance,if they still pull the same ratings next year it's done,but hey 5 seasons for a spinoff show isn't bad, that's basically almost half the seasons that the main show has .
    FTWD isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. It’s ratings have improved this season and it still beats all its competition. AMC let Halt And Catch Fire go for 4 seasons with nowhere near the ratings that FTWD gets. Unless the loss of Madison drives people away (which I doubt) it’ll probably go on for a few more seasons at least.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    i'm glad to see it got renewed! While it's AMC's what? 2nd highest rated show? It still got me a bit worried it was so late.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1202 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm glad to see it renewed, too. So far, season 4 is enjoying a 13% increase in viewership over season 3, and it has a lot more viewers than Better Call Saul which had already been renewed for its fourth season.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/a...ratings-33643/

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    I'm glad to see it renewed, too. So far, season 4 is enjoying a 13% increase in viewership over season 3, and it has a lot more viewers than Better Call Saul which had already been renewed for its fourth season.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/a...ratings-33643/
    Well,i checked the ratings and they are pretty much the same as the first half of season except for the premiere which was on the same night as TWD S8 finale, so if that 13% increase is just based on that,that's kinda....shit ? Either way,i'm not sure if AMC are satisfied with the show doing just ok especially when the main show is bleeding viewers,before even if their other shows performed horribly they could always count on those big numbers that TWD was pulling, not so much these days, we're talking about America right here, in the corporate world it's not enough to do just ok, just look at facebook and how fast can a company go down he shitter just like that when the shareholders aren't satisfied .

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1202 Post(s)
    Level
    Well,i checked the ratings and they are pretty much the same as the first half of season except for the premiere which was on the same night as TWD S8 finale, so if that 13% increase is just based on that,that's kinda....shit ? Either way,i'm not sure if AMC are satisfied with the show doing just ok especially when the main show is bleeding viewers,before even if their other shows performed horribly they could always count on those big numbers that TWD was pulling, not so much these days, we're talking about America right here, in the corporate world it's not enough to do just ok, just look at facebook and how fast can a company go down he shitter just like that when the shareholders aren't satisfied .
    The numbers are through July 24. Obviously FTWD's ratings are for an incomplete season whereas most of the others have completed seasons. I don't know if these are averages or what, but the point is that based on eyeballs on screens, FTWD is AMC's #2 show with eyeballs on the rise. Of course, the season isn't over.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    The numbers are through July 24. Obviously FTWD's ratings are for an incomplete season whereas most of the others have completed seasons. I don't know if these are averages or what, but the point is that based on eyeballs on screens, FTWD is AMC's #2 show with eyeballs on the rise. Of course, the season isn't over.
    Yeah,but does it look good to shareholders and advertisers when your number 2 show is only pulling numbers in the 2s when your other zombie show used to pull 15s-17s ?

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1202 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah,but does it look good to shareholders and advertisers when your number 2 show is only pulling numbers in the 2s when your other zombie show used to pull 15s-17s ?
    That isn't the point! You are twisting yourself into a pretzel to justify your opinion that "i think this is Fear's last chance,if they still pull the same ratings next year it's done" by applying a different standard of evaluating Fear's ratings to those of AMC's other shows.

Look, I get that you want the shows canceled and AMC to crash and burn and that what I posted doesn't support your opinion or your desire. No matter how hard you wishful think on this, you can't change the numbers and you can't attribute magical characteristics to some that outweigh the values assigned by others who evaluate and make decisions based on them.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    That isn't the point! You are twisting yourself into a pretzel to justify your opinion that "i think this is Fear's last chance,if they still pull the same ratings next year it's done" by applying a different standard of evaluating Fear's ratings to those of AMC's other shows.

Look, I get that you want the shows canceled and AMC to crash and burn and that what I posted doesn't support your opinion or your desire. No matter how hard you wishful think on this, you can't change the numbers and you can't attribute magical characteristics to some that outweigh the values assigned by others who evaluate and make decisions based on them.
    So i assume putting words into other people's mouth is your thing now ? Such a shame considering i thought you were better than that, just because i'm realist and don't put my fingers in my ears and pretend everything is fine and dandy doesn't make your point more valid than mine .