View Poll Results: How do you rate Blackjack?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

4 25.00%

3 18.75%

2 12.50%

4 25.00%

0 0%

1 6.25%

2 12.50%

0 0%

0 0%
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Occasional Proud Apologist Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1208 Post(s)
    Level

Rate and Review Blackjack

How do you rate Blackjack? Thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Occasional Proud Apologist Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1208 Post(s)
    Level
    I gave it an 8 because my initial reaction was that I enjoyed it. Upon further reflection, though, I'd knock off a point or two for what happened after the battery/car horn died. The walkers just turned around and went away with two delicious looking live ones floating across the river? Why didn't strand and John holler at them while saving the bullets for any strays that might meander up after they reached shore.

The only interesting thing about crazy lady is that she seems to know Morgan. Did she watch Al's tape? I was thinking Morgan didn't tell Al much, and I don't even remember what happened to the recorder, although I think the tapes were left in the truck. Did Morgan roll over on the walkie while talking in his sleep and tell her everything?

At least Luciana wasn't completely boring tonight. I have a week to gut up for another appearance by Charlie. Strand should drink up to prepare himself for the little snot.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    My thoughts exactly on the horn thing. It made no sense. The whole premise behind herds is that the walkers keep going based upon the smallest trigger. Once they hear or even think they hear something they follow it. Thatís how they tear down houses in the comic. Thatís why even though the guy in the lumbar yard was dead he was still surrounded. With this precedent now established, all he had to do was sit really quietly and they would have stopped and stupidly walked away. Even my husband who is just a casual viewer looked at me and went, huh? Gimpled.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I gave it a 9. John and Strand were so great together. If the episode was just John and Strand I would have given it a 10.
    Luciana and Polar Bear were pretty good too.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Level
    This was like, the only good episode in the backhalf so far.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    I gave it an 8 because my initial reaction was that I enjoyed it. Upon further reflection, though, I'd knock off a point or two for what happened after the battery/car horn died. The walkers just turned around and went away with two delicious looking live ones floating across the river? Why didn't strand and John holler at them while saving the bullets for any strays that might meander up after they reached shore.

The only interesting thing about crazy lady is that she seems to know Morgan. Did she watch Al's tape? I was thinking Morgan didn't tell Al much, and I don't even remember what happened to the recorder, although I think the tapes were left in the truck. Did Morgan roll over on the walkie while talking in his sleep and tell her everything?

At least Luciana wasn't completely boring tonight. I have a week to gut up for another appearance by Charlie. Strand should drink up to prepare himself for the little snot.
    Nothing about the river crossing scene really made any sense. The gator went from the Walkers to John and Strand pretty quickly, but yet when they swim halfway across the river to get back the gator is nowhere to be seen. You’re right about the Walkers reactions too. I’m guessing they didn’t holler at them because it would’ve brought the gator in, but it didn’t make sense that the Walkers wouldn’t have keep coming for them. I’d like to know why there are so many Walkers in the middle of nowhere though.

I gave it a 6/10. Probably my favorite episode of the back half, but it wasn’t without its problems. I liked the dialogue between John and Strand and the storyline between a Luciana and the truck driver, but I cannot accept that crazy lady as a legitimate villain. She’s completely ridiculous. At least we had an Alicia sighting at the end.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Level
    Looks like they are setting it up for them to kill crazy lady, which will trigger a crisis of conscience for the group, despite all the harm she's done

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    Looks like they are setting it up for them to kill crazy lady, which will trigger a crisis of conscience for the group, despite all the harm she's done
    It'll be Morgan and Alpha Wolf all over again with Carol... I mean June killing her.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    What an absolute joke of a show lol. An entire half season spent running back and fort placing infinite supplies along the road because of Morgan's autism.

Rating this more than a 2 is an insult to your own intelligence.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Level
    I have never seen a good show completely destroyed in just a few episodes. This just blows my mind and I can't fucking describe how fucking ridiculous this is. It's mind-boggling.

It's just pitiful to watch now, I hope Morgan, June and John cross over to TWD and the rest dies and that will be the end of it. It's too late to redeem it, unless they decided to bring back Madison but first of all they're too stupid to realize their mistakes and second of all even if they did it could be too late now. What a fucking waste of potential. Just terrible.

About the episode:
    1. The crazy lady is creepy and that's even interesting a little bit, but are we supposed to believe that a few skilled survivors can't beat one single woman?
    2. June is literally Carol of FTWD. I hated her at the beginning, she was a bitch and annoyed the hell out of me. And now I love her and I hope she lived and crosses over to TWD with Morgan like I believe it will happen.