Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Bates Motel

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    I loved the series finale and thought that it was great that instead of remixing the ending yet again and having Norman being alive and alone either in recluse running the Motel or in a mental facility

- - - Updated - - -

The true safe route would have been relying solely on the source material and film either copying or remixing the ending with Norman somewhere alone and miserable. On the flip side I honestly don't think it was really a happy ending at all. The events that took place throughout the series and in the finale will weigh on characters like Dylan in the future
    I meant safe in the sense that nothing truly shocking happened. IMO a lot of the episode was very predictable. Which is not how I thought the series finale of this show, which has from day one been very un-predictable, would go. It was a happy ending though. Norman was finally reunited with his mother in death and yes, Dylan will have this weigh on him for the rest of his life but with what we were shown in the ending he's living a very happy family life. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the finale. It was emotional and it wrapped the story up nicely, I just would have liked to have seen some changes or additions to get the same result.

Romero's death, for instance, was very predictable and frankly anti-climatic. I mean we knew he would be killed, but I thought it would be in a more interesting way. I would have rather seen him die in a scenario with Dylan saving Norman. I even thought of the possibility of The sheriff getting to Romero and Norman somehow. She'd kill Romero and as she was taking Norman back into custody he'd kill her. IDK it just seemed like a death to tie up lose ends, which it kinda was.

Chick was again another death that was just tying up lose ends. I mean I thought his purpose was for his novel to end up being this universe's "Psycho", but that ended up going nowhere. His book died with him.

I was disappointed Emma was basically a background character this whole season, but I was okay with that because I thought she'd play a major role in Norman's death/institutionalization. Nope. Her scenes in the previous episode where great, but nowhere near a great as it would have been if she'd have seen Norma's body as well.

But besides my expectations not being met I did like the episode. I mean the callbacks to the first season were great. Freddie Highmore was awesome. I really felt for him when he was telling Dylan how everything could be alright if he just believed. That whole finale scene was wonderful. In a show that is very much about the love between family members and how that's what keeps us going the ending was truly fitting and emotional.

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    587 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't get all the hate. It was so good..much better than twd. How could you guys rate every episode of twd a 9 or a 10 then be unsatisfied with this finale?? I just don't get it

Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    I don't get all the hate. It was so good..much better than twd. How could you guys rate every episode of twd a 9 or a 10 then be unsatisfied with this finale?? I just don't get it
    I don't get it either but most of the people on here loved it in general but would have changed some things which I can understand. Now the little hate it gets on YouTube and Tumblr is extreme but that's what I've come to expect from those sites

Understandably some people unattainable expectations on it and hype it up hard

Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    587 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    I don't get it either but most of the people on here loved it in general but would have changed some things which I can understand. Now the little hate it gets on YouTube and Tumblr is extreme but that's what I've come to expect from those sites

Understandably some people unattainable expectations on it and hype it up hard
    I can't grasp why anyone would want Norman to end up living and suffering though. The ending was severely dark imo. Dylan is gonna be scarred for life. Same with Emma. The whole "it wasn't dark enough" thing is a bit strange given all the deaths and trauma

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.