Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
              Status

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Blog Entries
              Gamer IDs
              Gamertag: DEAFSTAR95 PSN ID: Deafstar95
              Level

What is the Governor's role in S. 4 (GN Spoilers)

So obviously at the end of season 3 the governer went bat shit crazy and killed everybody apart from Martinez and shupart or shumpart what ever you want to call him and the three of them drove off together. This arc completely differs from that of the GN.
              so my main question is what role will the governer and his men play in season 4? Will they find a new group of people or will they remain on their own for the whole of S4?

Status

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Blog Entries
              Level
              Quote Originally Posted by william_1995 View Post
              So obviously at the end of season 3 the governer went bat shit crazy and killed everybody apart from Martinez and shupart or shumpart what ever you want to call him and the three of them drove off together. This arc completely differs from that of the GN.
              so my main question is what role will the governer and his men play in season 4? Will they find a new group of people or will they remain on their own for the whole of S4?
              IMO they will have to find other survivors just to stay lives since 3 men together are less safe than a group of 10, although it depends upon whom is part of the group. Since he will most likely resume the "war" (skirmish) with Team Prison, he will need troops- even a tank wouldn't be so dangerous since it needs a crew of at least 2-3 to operate it. So unless he finds a nuke he can transport and learn to use from a safe distance, I think he will find others.

Perhaps the core of The Hunters group, Randal's group remnants since we know were in that part of Georgia as of the end of Season 2, or some other group we haven't yet heard about- perhaps one of those well-advertised "veering away from the GN" PR statements from TPTB... who knows.

Great point, William_1995- but what opinions do you have for the Governor, Martinez and Shumpert in Season 4 ?

Status

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Blog Entries
              Gamer IDs
              Gamertag: DEAFSTAR95 PSN ID: Deafstar95
              Level
              Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
              IMO they will have to find other survivors just to stay lives since 3 men together are less safe than a group of 10, although it depends upon whom is part of the group. Since he will most likely resume the "war" (skirmish) with Team Prison, he will need troops- even a tank wouldn't be so dangerous since it needs a crew of at least 2-3 to operate it. So unless he finds a nuke he can transport and learn to use from a safe distance, I think he will find others.

Perhaps the core of The Hunters group, Randal's group remnants since we know were in that part of Georgia as of the end of Season 2, or some other group we haven't yet heard about- perhaps one of those well-advertised "veering away from the GN" PR statements from TPTB... who knows.

Great point, William_1995- but what opinions do you have for the Governor, Martinez and Shumpert in Season 4 ?
              TBH, I've got two theories on how their arc will play out;
              the first being, the season starts off showing them living in a store or something like that struggling to survive day to day when eventually they find another survivor (maybe a hunter or completely new group) and then join them persuading them that ricks group is "evil", eventually leading an attack on the prison for the S4 finale

the second being less entertaining IMO, but it doesn't have the governer and his group attacking the prison but instead has them on the road moving from place to place but eventually struggling to overcome the pressures of the zombie apocalypse and being killed by either the walkers or another more sadistic group (again, the hunters or a completely different group)

but that's just what I think/hope will happen but I'm not a writer for the show so it can go in any direction

Status

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Gamer IDs
              Gamertag: none PSN ID: none XFIRE ID: none Steam ID: none Raptr ID: none Wii Code: none
              Level
              I don't think they'll be alone for long. There's a bigger world of survivors out there as you can see in later issues of the comics. They're bound to run into a group at some point. Woodbury is wide open now that they have gone to the prison.

I think Bob Stookie will be part of it somehow. It's hard to really speculate how far they will stay off the path of the comics, but right now they're in completely uncharted territory. They still might loop around again to meet up with some of the plot points from there but in a different way.

Everyone is expecting the gov to form an army again and attack the prison hard. Maybe that won't happen at all. Maybe he turns into a boogeyman of sorts and keeps fucking shit up for them with asymmetrical warfare tactics or assembling a shit ton of walkers and leading them to the prison gates.

He will definitely be motivated by revenge just the same. He's obsessed with it, so whatever direction they go, that's going to be his sole reason for existing I think.

Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              I think they will meet a new group, not. Big one just a few people, and it will consist of most of his GN woodbuarians: Bob, Lily, Bruce, Gabe, Alice, Harold and Sam. The Governor will join them.. After a few months they will get settled with their new friends and while out on trip to wal mart, they come across the prison group (similar to how Randall found them). The governor will sacrifice one of his men (some new character) and blame it on the prison group, causing his new army to want Togo to war. They will come when least expected, causing fatalities. The Governor catches Tyreese and says to surrender the prison, but they don't, the governor beheads him. Long story short, Prison is demolished and the group must move on with its remaking survivors: Rick, Carl, Daryl, Michonne, Maggie, Carol (& maybe 1 more survivor). Shows them driving off into the distance, ending like last season.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they will meet a new group, not. Big one just a few people, and it will consist of most of his GN woodbuarians: Bob, Lily, Bruce, Gabe, Alice, Harold and Sam. The Governor will join them.. After a few months they will get settled with their new friends and while out on trip to wal mart, they come across the prison group (similar to how Randall found them). The governor will sacrifice one of his men (some new character) and blame it on the prison group, causing his new army to want Togo to war. They will come when least expected, causing fatalities. The Governor catches Tyreese and says to surrender the prison, but they don't, the governor beheads him. Long story short, Prison is demolished and the group must move on with its remaking survivors: Rick, Carl, Daryl, Michonne, Maggie, Carol (& maybe 1 more survivor). Shows them driving off into the distance, ending like last season.

Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Blog Entries
              Level
              Maybe they could run into Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene. The group could be traveling to DC just like they were in the comics and ask if the Governor, Shupert, and Martinez could tag along. But the Governor wants to take down Rick's group before going. He tells them some bullshit story and they join up with him. Plausible or far-fetched?

Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              I really feel like with this new season and scott gimple at the helm...they can start branching away from the comics a little bit more....sure bring us some of the characters we loved from the GN, but i do not want them forcing storylines so that certain scenes from the GN have to be seen. Yes, i think they are awesome...i just think we can move away from this "no one is safe"(because i believe we are all intelligent enough to realize thats inevitable in th za) and take our characters to new places....i see them doing this now with rick accepting the left woodburians.....not only do i want this, but i believe they are moving in that direction...which is smart because it makes things less predictable...imo

Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              Far fetched. The Governor has already met up with Tyreese, him running into Abraham and company would ruin another way to bring in a favorite GN character.

- - - Updated - - -

Far fetched. The Governor has already met up with Tyreese, him running into Abraham and company would ruin another way to bring in a favorite GN character.

Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Blog Entries
              Level
              We can wait all of The Governor , this personage have a big fantastic story .

Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              I think he will meet up with a group of other survivors probably 15 -20 this is were bob stookey will be introduced. Maybe Other GN Woodbury people like Lilly and Bruce. He will probably rebuild Woodbury and make it more badass like it was in the comic. The Governor will probably kill one of the group and blame it on the prison. He will also probably say they destroyed the original Woodbury. He will attack the prison and we will get the battle that was presented in the comic. I also think the Governor will be more brutal. His sadist side will be full on just like in the comic.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast